[COMPLETE] (P)lanets -GxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: [WIP] (P)lanets -GxB [w/DEMO!]

#346 Post by teacup »

Thanks guys, I definitely have more than enough proofreaders now. :)
I finally got a scanner, so I can do CGs a lot faster now. Rather than it taking 4-5 hours, it only takes me about 2 hours. I really wish I got one sooner XD

Celestine
Veteran

#347 Post by Celestine »

How did your vacation go? I hope it relieved some of the build up stress. And sometimes some fresh air can give a clear perspective.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#348 Post by teacup »

It was fine, thanks for asking Celestine :D
I did manage to sketch all of the CGs out (yes all of them!). Other than that, I don't really have any updates, I've been too busy to work on anything visual novel related uAu; Luckily I only have script left. Music, background, sprites are all taken care of. I may or may not customize the layouts, that depends on if I have time. CGs just need to be colored. I'm getting there!

Nekosousei
Regular
Projects: Scattered Starlight Dating Sim (GxB, GxG)
Organization: Neko Sousei

#349 Post by Nekosousei »

I'm so excited to hear you're nearly done!
The game looks great and I loved the demo. Can't wait to see the final product. :D

Carmentis

#350 Post by Carmentis »

Indeed, this does look very promising! I love the idea of supernatural powers for characters. Takes me back to my old X-Men days. :lol:

I'd try the demo out but with my backlog and procrastination habits I may just wait for final ...or end up playing the demo to procrastinate on something else. Time will tell!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#351 Post by teacup »

Thanks guys. I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now but I can assure you that I am nearly done, lol.

QUESTION!! I'm wanting to add unlockable character bios. However, I'm not sure what kind of things to include to their bio. Is there anything specific you guys want to know about the characters (like their favorite jelly bean flavor or something XD) If anyone answers I might add your question to the character Q&A~

Some updates: I am happy to say that the script is about 95% done. The word count was dangerously near 100,000 words, but I've cut it down to about 80,000 now. Yes I know some people like long games, but 100k was way overboard in my opinion XD
So Planets is officially on the road to completion!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#352 Post by Snowflower »

Usually when I make character bios (or at least think about it), I'd include basic things like name, age, height, blood type, likes, dislikes and random quirky things about the character.

80,000 is a great word count, in my opinion :)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#353 Post by teacup »

Yeah, I've made sure to include those things ^-^ (except for the blood type... that might be interesting!) However, if anyone would like to know anything else, you can go ahead and ask. If not I'll just stick to the basics.
Haha, about the characters' heights... In my mind, Kaius is 192cm, whereas Ryuu is about 175 and Lucan is 180... but when I tried to make Ryuu and Lucan look shorter in game, it looked soo horrible! xD
I'll still include their real height on the bio, but in game, they just all have to look the same height. Otherwise, it looks really bad.
Last edited by teacup on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gryphbear
Regular

#354 Post by Gryphbear »

teacup wrote:Yeah, I've made sure to include those things ^-^ (except for the blood type... that might be interesting!) However, if anyone would like to know anything else, you can go ahead and ask. If not I'll just stick to the basics.
Haha, about the characters' heights... In my mind, Kaius is 192cm, whereas Ryuu is about 175 and Lucan is 189... but when I tried to make Ryuu and Lucan look shorter in game, it looked soo horrible! xD
I'll still include their real height on the bio, but in game, they just all have to look the same height. Otherwise, it looks really bad.
Sounds good. Maybe include their favorite hobbies. Oh, about their height -- I'd include at least an English equivalent to the metric measurements. I have no clue what 175cm is as far as height. heh.
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#355 Post by Snowflower »

192cm for Kaius? That's like... really tall.

Most guys I know are 185ish I would think.

Oh and I'm about 173cm which is 5'8"
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#356 Post by teacup »

@Gryphbear
Oops, I'll be sure to include that! And I will put their hobbies, definitely!

@Snowflower
My brother is 204 cm :p
The tallness is to add to Kaius' intimidation factor. Many of the guys in school are afraid of him, not just because of his reputation, but because of his look. Very tall, only one eye exposed... scary!! (The funny thing is, Kaius always loses in fights)

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#357 Post by Snowflower »

6'10"? That's really tall!

I think my tallest friend is like that... but that's just only one. Most are around 6'4" or 5"

teacup wrote:The funny thing is, Kaius always loses in fights

CUTEEEEEE ^^;;

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#358 Post by OtomeWeekend »

teacup wrote: The tallness is to add to Kaius' intimidation factor. Many of the guys in school are afraid of him, not just because of his reputation, but because of his look. Very tall, only one eye exposed... scary!! (The funny thing is, Kaius always loses in fights)
yeah, and the moe factor I felt reached 100%. XD *is heading to hospital now due to extreme blood loss from nosebleed*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestine
Veteran

#359 Post by Celestine »

Hmm How about their favorite sayings or thoughts. I always find that interesting to read in bios.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#360 Post by Aka-kami »

This might help strike some inspiration: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll21 ... kai/21.jpg

//obsessed with Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
See ya.