Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Akarui_Tsubasa

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4231 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

Lately, I've been feeling a bad because I needed help with my project. Someone asked if I needed a project and of course I wanted her to help me. She's my proofreader, but it feels like she's doing all the work for me because I keep asking her. I somehow want to help, but I just suck in english. I've been reading a lot of old novels these days so I can improve. She hasn't been messaging me either, so I'm so worried that she's already tired of helping me. :( I feel really guilty that I keep forcing her to work when she's so busy sometimes...

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#4232 Post by dreamy »

Akarui_Tsubasa wrote:Lately, I've been feeling a bad because I needed help with my project. Someone asked if I needed a project and of course I wanted her to help me. She's my proofreader, but it feels like she's doing all the work for me because I keep asking her. I somehow want to help, but I just suck in english. I've been reading a lot of old novels these days so I can improve. She hasn't been messaging me either, so I'm so worried that she's already tired of helping me. :( I feel really guilty that I keep forcing her to work when she's so busy sometimes...
Sigh, I understand how you feel, I've been through that before. It's like you want to help but you can't. :(
It's really nice of you to try though, it's the thought that counts after all :)
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

Akarui_Tsubasa

#4233 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

dreamy wrote:
Akarui_Tsubasa wrote:Lately, I've been feeling a bad because I needed help with my project. Someone asked if I needed a project and of course I wanted her to help me. She's my proofreader, but it feels like she's doing all the work for me because I keep asking her. I somehow want to help, but I just suck in english. I've been reading a lot of old novels these days so I can improve. She hasn't been messaging me either, so I'm so worried that she's already tired of helping me. :( I feel really guilty that I keep forcing her to work when she's so busy sometimes...
Sigh, I understand how you feel, I've been through that before. It's like you want to help but you can't. :(
It's really nice of you to try though, it's the thought that counts after all :)
Well even if I try to help, the story gets crappier and crappier which produces more stress for her, I'm still a bit young so my english vocabulary isn't that good yet :( I'm going to do my best to get better at it

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4234 Post by curry nochi rice »

I think my laptop's nearing the end of its lifespan.... it's been with me for 6 years now.
I might as well start migrating project critical files to DVD's and the other computers but like my laptop, the computers in my home are just as old. ;_;
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4235 Post by try10 »

I have problems with my laptop too. I think 2 weeks is the maximum it has. I'm also annoyed because of a job offer I lost. I've applied for some training beautician courses in another city that is pretty far away from my place for a while and I paid the register fee. At the same time I found out about a really nice job offer, but because the classes were about to start I couldn't afford to loose the money. The bad thing was that 2 months had passed and they didn't find anyone suitable for the job and the courses kept getting delayed because there weren't enough people. After I decided to go for the job they've found someone...and then I got the phone call that I begin the classes next week. I can't believe that I've lost such a nice job offer cause it's really hard to find somewhere decent to work in the small city I live! :((( I'm so unlucky... I really hope that they are going to teach me something useful for the price I have to pay... *sigh*

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4236 Post by Rinima »

I have two interviews, one for college, one for a job.
But there both at the same time....
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Hexagod

#4237 Post by Hexagod »

Being at war is no fun.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4238 Post by Caveat Lector »

curry nochi rice wrote:I think my laptop's nearing the end of its lifespan.... it's been with me for 6 years now.
I might as well start migrating project critical files to DVD's and the other computers but like my laptop, the computers in my home are just as old. ;_;
6 years!? Wow, I wish I was that lucky! I think mine typically last only three-four years at most. Just as a tip: If you end up having to get a new laptop, DO NOT buy Windows 8. I'm not sure how electronics stores are where you live, but over here, in the mainstream stores, Windows 8 is the only type they sell. Older types can be found in smaller electronic stores that deal with older goods. If it ever comes down to having to buy a new laptop, try searching for an older system first and ONLY buy Windows 8 as a last resort. To rant about every single issue I have with Windows 8 would be to write a novel twice the length of "Les Miserables". The only reason I haven't bought a Windows 7 and then transferred all of my files onto that is because of money. I've been a little too thrift-happy as of late. But as soon as I can, I am SO getting rid of this POS.

In the mean time, though, I absolutely recommend you start transferring all your files onto DVD's and USB ports, even non-critical ideas. You never know when a scrapped idea might come in handy someday!
Hexagod wrote:Being at war is no fun.
Damn, where are you? Are you at least safe where you are? (Sorry, it's just a habit of mine to check if anyone's okay the moment I hear about a disaster occurring in an area someone on the forums lives in or around)
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4239 Post by Rinima »

Urg, today has just been a horrible day.
First I have panic attacks all over the place, then my parent's yell at me for said panic attacks, then my gf breaks up with me.... urg. Today couldn't get worse -_-
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4240 Post by curry nochi rice »

Caveat Lector wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:I think my laptop's nearing the end of its lifespan.... it's been with me for 6 years now.
6 years!? Wow, I wish I was that lucky! I think mine typically last only three-four years at most. Just as a tip: If you end up having to get a new laptop, DO NOT buy Windows 8. I'm not sure how electronics stores are where you live, but over here, in the mainstream stores, Windows 8 is the only type they sell. Older types can be found in smaller electronic stores that deal with older goods. If it ever comes down to having to buy a new laptop, try searching for an older system first and ONLY buy Windows 8 as a last resort. To rant about every single issue I have with Windows 8 would be to write a novel twice the length of "Les Miserables". The only reason I haven't bought a Windows 7 and then transferred all of my files onto that is because of money. I've been a little too thrift-happy as of late. But as soon as I can, I am SO getting rid of this POS.

In the mean time, though, I absolutely recommend you start transferring all your files onto DVD's and USB ports, even non-critical ideas. You never know when a scrapped idea might come in handy someday!
:shock: But I'm using Windows 8 at the moment, and it works nicely (well at least for me, not that of a heavy user.). Anyway I have backed my files up. Just yesterday my WLAN failed, and my graphics display drivers is acting up too. Maybe I should give it another reformat if it fails completely. :oops:
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#4241 Post by meiri »

School is starting back, and worst of all, Im going to a really huge highschool as a freshman and I am just /terrified/.
Not to mention that we may move right as school starts, so I'm just resigning from the possibility of making friends. orz
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4242 Post by LVUER »

Caveat Lector wrote:
6 years!? Wow, I wish I was that lucky! I think mine typically last only three-four years at most.
Mine is 14 years old (>_<) It surprises me too... I guess they really made things durable on the older days.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Hexagod

#4243 Post by Hexagod »

Caveat Lector wrote:

Hexagod wrote:Being at war is no fun.
Damn, where are you? Are you at least safe where you are? (Sorry, it's just a habit of mine to check if anyone's okay the moment I hear about a disaster occurring in an area someone on the forums lives in or around)
Israel. Its not that bad though, we manage.

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4244 Post by Rossfellow »

Here's a petty little argument with myself from earlier.

"FFS, I'm not writing an otome game! It's classic Lovecraft-inspired psychological horror!"
“Is the main character a girl?”
"...Yes."
"Does she have a love interest?"
"...Yes."
"It's an otome game."
"F**K"

I don't have anything against otome games of course. It's just that I'm a dude and its pretty weird for me to write one.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#4245 Post by Akitsuki »

Rossfellow wrote:Here's a petty little argument with myself from earlier.

"FFS, I'm not writing an otome game! It's classic Lovecraft-inspired psychological horror!"
“Is the main character a girl?”
"...Yes."
"Does she have a love interest?"
"...Yes."
"It's an otome game."
"F**K"

I don't have anything against otome games of course. It's just that I'm a dude and its pretty weird for me to write one.
LOL I don't think it's weird, it's just rare. I'm pretty sure there're similar situations somewhere. For the opposite way too.
I might make a BxG VN as well, but recently I don't have any idea for that LOL.

Mine is... Well, I don't know how to say it. It's holiday, yet I can't spend my time with my siblings. It is already impossible for the whole family to gather, but at least I want to spend the holiday with my siblings.