Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|GxB] Demo 0.5 - up19D

#61 Post by WickedRaccoon »

8D holy flying cows!!!!! a demo? why did i not see this sooner???? congrats! ^^
*dowloads and grabs the cookies* will play this like there's no tomorrow and reply as soon as i can!!!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#62 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the support, guys! :'D Sorry for the crappy cutting-off point. I'll remedy it with Demo 1.0 as soon as it is possible. ^^;

In the meantime, keep the questions coming so I'll have something to fill the bonus room with, heh.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

THIS.IS.AMAZING. Image

You have to finish this, just please, finish it and I could die happily.
Sho might be the best female main character I've ever seen.
I've always had a thing for sadistic girls (uhh.. been writing a novel about one too so Sho's like an nonidentical twin or something xD)
I think it's a bit rare to find VNs with novel like literary, having catchy phrases and those major English words and stuffs.
It might be just me not playing VNs enough to find these great use of words though. I love your writing so keep up and my English will be polished at the same time, kudos to you :D
Again, this is just really awesome, I'm left speechless with no useful comments but I just want to say that the background music pulled me into the depth of the story more especially that last scene with Kaison. I'd love to see more on how the new characters will be involved later on. This is the first time I've been left with the need of wanting more in a VN, one that I'm really eager of anyway so just keep up the brilliant work. I'm cheering on you all the way :D

Genesislove
Regular

#64 Post by Genesislove »

This looks so, so incredible. I can't wait for it to come out!:D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#65 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

OH. MY. GOD.

Sorry my response is late, I am left in awe.

Why is this so awesome and all, I am still wondering. The graphics are shiny, the story is awesome, and I'm really left in awe (again) with the way you write. Monologue-filled, but very awesome. The prologue is really attention-catching. And don't get me started on the music; they fit really perfectly.

Sho is a really really sadistic protagonist (with her asshat-ness I'm not sure if she's worth the title of protag but meh), and I like that she's actually different from most of the VNs out there. Oh, and she's just a KID? A KID!? AND she's laughing at Voltaire like a batshit murderer [wait; she IS a batshit murderer] and she's telling him to kill her, telling a person OLDER than her to screw it because she killed his bestfriend/lover/whatever (?) and I find it awesome.
I would hate to be Erik on that scene. That would be like watching little Mae chop up a helpless cat.
Some peeves of mine, though [which doesn't do anything with the awesomeness and are merely nitpicks]:
  • Some music were too loud in some points. Consider tweaking the volume a little.
  • The NVL box gets emptied before it is even filled. What is that space for...?
  • Way too many pauses. I have to click and click and click and click and click.... somehow I think some sentences would do together in just one line.
  • I understand that the sprites are done in different times, but the lineart thickness of the sprites varies, which makes everything look a bit inconsistent. Perrison's sprites' shading look odd among the rest; the shading was way too soft and paintery and... smudgy? Yeah, that.
  • Do you plan on doing several poses? Faraday looked way too static in that pose, and he didn't look surprised at all with a hand in his pocket. Sho looked fine with just that, though.
I would sound like Sho assaulting you with negative things if I continue, so I'll stopnow.

I really look forward for the full game! ouo
I'LL SERIOUSLY CRY IF YOU DON'T FINISH THIS

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#66 Post by Coren »

Ah thanks for the feedback, guy! :) And thanks Lu - I'll try to fix as many of them as I can, heh.

-------------
Some updates!
Here's a new character, Layner Kaelan:
Layner is a young coffee shop boy. He frequently has his head in the clouds, not being able to take anything seriously, if anything at all. The dilapidated little excuse of a coffee shop he maintains is supposedly listed under his parents' names, but he takes care of it all by himself. He seems to know Mikaela Lane, but knows nothing of the true events behind her death, or any of the secrets behind it. After all, he's just an ordinary boy, seventeen years old, looking forward to the prospect of adulthood...

I did not look forward to drawing sprites of the male characters. But Layner was surprisingly fun to draw - probably because he looks kind of more shota-ish than usual guys, and probably because I can have fun sticking him in weird outfits since he's pretty much the CR equivalent of Gabriel from Astral Transparency: Cole's Gate.Heh. Now, Kaison's the only remaining major male character I'll have to make a sprite for. Phew. As for progress on his sprite, I have the sketch ready (it needed a billion revamps because I couldn't get guys right heh, but I'm trying to improve - keyword: trying).

CuppieKeyk
Regular
Projects: Apple Kiss [Will create a thread soon]
Organization: Myself XD

#67 Post by CuppieKeyk »

Kirroha wrote:Ah thanks for the feedback, guy! :) And thanks Lu - I'll try to fix as many of them as I can, heh.

-------------
Some updates!
Here's a new character, Layner Kaelan:
Layner is a young coffee shop boy. He frequently has his head in the clouds, not being able to take anything seriously, if anything at all. The dilapidated little excuse of a coffee shop he maintains is supposedly listed under his parents' names, but he takes care of it all by himself. He seems to know Mikaela Lane, but knows nothing of the true events behind her death, or any of the secrets behind it. After all, he's just an ordinary boy, seventeen years old, looking forward to the prospect of adulthood...

I did not look forward to drawing sprites of the male characters. But Layner was surprisingly fun to draw - probably because he looks kind of more shota-ish than usual guys, and probably because I can have fun sticking him in weird outfits since he's pretty much the CR equivalent of Gabriel from Astral Transparency: Cole's Gate.Heh. Now, Kaison's the only remaining major male character I'll have to make a sprite for. Phew. As for progress on his sprite, I have the sketch ready (it needed a billion revamps because I couldn't get guys right heh, but I'm trying to improve - keyword: trying).
Woah, HE. IS . COOOOL ! XD

BY THE WAY, WHO IS HE ? O.O DO THE MAIN CHARACTER KNOW HIM ?

OMG, I want to squeeze him XD. [Idk why, but nothing =.=]

I'm really excited for the another demo !
Go Go Go !!!! I'm gonna stalk this thread for awhile :3 [SORRY ! =D]
My Other Projects :

My Daisy

The Rose Princess

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|GxB] Demo 0.5 - up21D

#68 Post by Coren »

Haha, the description should say enough that you'll need to know for now. :) As for whether or not Sho knows him, nope, not in the beginning, but she runs into him somewhere later.

I'm working on Kaison's sprite now - he's probably the character people are most curious about right now, so here you go:

I realize that my sprite style keeps changing. S: I probably won't redo any sprites, but well... I hope the clash isn't too bad?

TheOneTwo
Regular

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Romance]Demo 0.5 - 21

#69 Post by TheOneTwo »

THIS is so incredibly nice! It's so awesome. I soo want to play this. :D Say, will you sell this game if ever it's finished??

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Romance]Demo 0.5 - 21

#70 Post by Coren »

TheOneTwo wrote:THIS is so incredibly nice! It's so awesome. I soo want to play this. :D Say, will you sell this game if ever it's finished??
It's a freeware game. XD Anyway, glad you find it nice!

Progress on Kaison:

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Romance]Demo 0.5 - 23

#71 Post by whitenenesha »

Okay, finished playing the demo.

Firstly, I very, very love a story with sadistic protagonist and gore-y scene so this is really enjoyable. I like Sho conversation with Erik in the car, sort of mind-blowing. The graphics, the SFX and the CGs are awesome btw, really fit in all of the pieces.

Well, I got a lot of traceback (when first opened the file and in the car scene, are you cutting the scene there, or?), the game hangs way too much and there are quite lot of uneeded space.

Hope the full game be released soon :D
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#72 Post by Coren »

whitenenesha wrote:Okay, finished playing the demo.

Firstly, I very, very love a story with sadistic protagonist and gore-y scene so this is really enjoyable. I like Sho conversation with Erik in the car, sort of mind-blowing. The graphics, the SFX and the CGs are awesome btw, really fit in all of the pieces.

Well, I got a lot of traceback (when first opened the file and in the car scene, are you cutting the scene there, or?), the game hangs way too much and there are quite lot of uneeded space.

Hope the full game be released soon :D
Thanks for the feedback. Can you copy the traceback you get at the car scene? The game isn't supposed to end there.

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

#73 Post by whitenenesha »

You're welcome :D
Here is the traceback;

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1427, in script
IOError: Couldn't find file 'bg/carin.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\execution.py", line 265, in run
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1008, in execute
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\exports.py", line 887, in with_statement
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1498, in do_with
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1799, in interact
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2104, in interact_core
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1388, in draw_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4567)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2032)
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2290)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2032)
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\transition.py", line 362, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2290)
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 75, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:1076)
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\image.py", line 164, in render
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\image.py", line 54, in wrap_render
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 432, in render
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 195, in get
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in load
  File "D:\mimoaneh\Background + Lemmasoft\Crimson Rafflesia-0.5-all\renpy\loader.py", line 374, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'bg/carin.jpg'.

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.13.11.1715
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#74 Post by Coren »

Eek. That's strange, I definitely declared it. Let me upload a new version and see if it works. Thanks for the notification.

For now, try this link (http://www.mediafire.com/?hiuz7g39cscgxgv) instead. This one is bigger, but it works.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psych|Romance]Demo 0.5 - 23D

#75 Post by Coren »

Yessss I'm finally done with this sprite which I couldn't finish for months. I quite like this dude's colour scheme. So uh okay this is a guy who likes standing on church buildings and stuff.

Kaison Voltaire is a 17-year-old young man whose father was a fencer. He is usually calm, composed and controls his emotions well, much unlike his ability of pyrokinesis, to control heat and fire – an ability which had plagued him all his life, uncannily and ironically similar to his parents’ own fiery grave. All his life he’s never had a real place he could call home, having been moved from country to country by whichever guardian was willing to take him. When he was 12, he got into an accident involving a fall which messed up many of his memories – in that hospital was where he first met Mikaela.