Winter Shard

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

Re: Winter Shard

#61 Post by F.I.A »

@BellosTheMighty:
Hmm, yes, one of the beta-testers did comment on the lack of decision points till later in the game. You see...
early on, Frederone is still nothing but a lesser lich, that he needs to takes orders from other superior to him. Thus, he needs to build up his rank first before being able to afford more freedom. While it is true that the first few part of game is to show how cold-blooded Frederone is, I think it is necessary as well to show how Frederone rises in ranks, and also the origins of the monsters he controls.
It is a good to hear that you find the catharsis essence to be natural. Yes, I am afraid if I might make Frederone sounds like a emo. :)
But indeed, Rosetta's ending might be a little unrealistic compared to the others, since I want the couple to have the peace they deserved.
As for the artworks, I guess I had pretty much followed basic vn rules in graphics, in that characters who get only a few screenshots tend to be unanimated, and that scenes are not necessary without certain key characters included(Which will be the both girls in the game). All of that in order to cut the ordeal short. :P

Oh, as for the filter thingy early on(Warning: Might be rude to one masked maiden)...
It only filters one thing - Marliene's naked character sprite. It is due to the debate of whether to show the tits or not. A dumb filter, to say least. :P
As for the funeral part...
Hmm, it is definitely not a crown of thorns. But I guess I cannot say much with that art of mine. :?
As for the hairy part...
Frederone's hair is actually black - which means slavish devotion.
Thanks for finishing this game for me.
----------

@parvenue:
It is certainly an honor to hear that my art is at least captivating enough for you to stop by to indulge it. Of course, all the credits go to Mr Kevin MacLeod for his excellent works in the bgms.

As for the last part in True Ending...
Yes, unfortunately the loop is rather glitched. I blame my poor editing for that.

I am impressed. You are one of the guy who figured out that Marliene and Rosetta failed to grasp Frederone's shattered hand. So is he saved or not? I will let you guys to decide the ending. :lol:
And Rosetta's part
The ivy monster is one of my favourite monsters in Castlevania series. Guess I get too attached to it, and feel like putting some random girls in one. :twisted:
Thank you for playing this game.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Daggio
Regular

#62 Post by Daggio »

I've played this game and able to get the true ending "Wintershards"

I must say, the story's great!it's kinda gory and creepy but overall,it's a good game with a great story

this true ending is kinda sad romantic story i like

good work

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by F.I.A »

Glad to hear that you enjoy the game. Yes, True Ending is quite a bittersweet ending, isn't it?
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard

Daggio
Regular

#64 Post by Daggio »

yeah it is

you know, it's difficult to make a bittersweet story like that
I always wanted to make one but still unable to do so >_<

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#65 Post by Vatina »

I finally played this, and I must say I liked it a lot. The story was really interesting, without being as predictable as I often think they are ^^
I'm definitly going to try and get more endings. So far I got the True ending and Rosettas.
And of course... the one where you die at the very beginning -_-;
I almost felt a little sorry for Krotus at one point - it was as if he didn't really know what was really going on around him, and he was still trying to be nice to Frederick in spite of himself xD I understand that better after seeing the ending.
I got more evil vibes from any of his followers than from Krotus himself, until he finally looses sight of his original plan.

Chisakura

#66 Post by Chisakura »

This is one truly beautiful game... I played all the endings, just to get the extra thing! :D As for the art... It was truly astonishing! :D You should definitely make more games! :twisted:
I liked the flower scene with Rosetta the best. And as everyone else... The True Ending. Breathtaking. I say, make a movie of this game! :D
Wahwahwah! :twisted: Everyone everybody! Make some ice cream~!

Ayato Vu
Regular

#67 Post by Ayato Vu »

btw, do you mind if I use the "Winter is a harsh season..." qoute? Do I put F.I.A. as the owner as well if i do?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#68 Post by lordcloudx »

I owe you a review...
have a fanart instead.
hah.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#69 Post by Samu-kun »

This is a very late reply coming from me, but I was really captivated by this game! It's one of those very few games that actually compelled me to play over and over again just to see all the endings.
Out of all the endings, I would say that King and Queen definitely struck me the deepest. How could anyone not like such a darkly erotic ending? :3 I liked the idea of two people who love each other while conquering and razing nations... There's just something that's appealing about it... (Hint: Don't elect Samu-kun for public office. XD) As for the true ending, it certainly was the most well developed. But there is just a single nitpick, and that is that if Frederone goes to heaven, then he'll have a harem. I'm not really a big fan of harem endings, so I didn't quite like the CG of both Marliene and Rosetta reaching out for Frederone at once. As for the other endings, they were all very different and equally impressive. The art wasn't stunning, but the story more than made up for it. This game definitely goes on my favorites list. :3

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by F.I.A »

「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#71 Post by Blue Lemma »

Nice little site :D But I typed in "trick or treat" and it didn't give me candy :evil:
I'd suggest making the comic available in plain image format instead of a .rar - more people would probably read it ^^
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#72 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by F.I.A »

Unfortunately, even if I tried on another computer, I could not produce the same error that happened in line 1993. Can you tell me more detail in how you viewed it?

On the other hand, I will gladly look forward to what you will brew up. As long as it is not tacked on with arrows, Patchouli, RGB and whatnot.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#74 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#75 Post by PyTom »

I believe this was fixed in a later version of Ren'Py. (And was pretty unlikely to happen in the first place.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom