Moe Escape [Escape the room, Horror, Cuteness]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

Re: Moe Escape [Escape the room, Horror, Cuteness]

#76 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

If you know some other methods to make a game like this in Ren'py, could you point me in the direction of some tutorials?
ummm...

I do know other ways. I've done other ways. I'm just not sure how to explain said ways so that other people could understand, and as far as I can tell, the article in the cookbook are all either outdated or more geared for other things.

Looking at your code, I think the first thing you should do is look through the documentation on screen language:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html

Specifically, the use of imagebuttons would be very helpful:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html#imagebutton

to give a relevent example, a possible inventory screen:

Code: Select all

screen inventory:
    if has_rock:
        imagebutton:
            idle "rock.png"   #the image for the rock
            hover "rock.png"  #required to be here, but not required to be different from idle
            action SetVariable("holding", 1)  #(variable with quotation marks, new value)
            pos (20, 20)  #the position of the image (from the top left)

#insert similar code for the rest of the possible items

label start:
    call screen inventory

does that help at all?

CoFFeE_BreaK
Completed: None xD

#77 Post by CoFFeE_BreaK »

MOE!!! OVERLOAD!!! ≧U≦
I hope you don't mind me Sharing the Link, it's just too Cute! Credits to you of course! x)

Hope you make more VN's Full of MOE! >w< (Y)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#78 Post by Blue Lemma »

I think you've had too many coffee breaks ;)

Yes, cute game though! So when's the second one? :D
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#79 Post by AngelicBlood »

OMGII.HALP MII.
I clicked on the lamp, and there's light, yes. I'm stuck now. What do I doo?;__;

LolicOnion
Regular

#80 Post by LolicOnion »

CoFFeE_BreaK wrote:MOE!!! OVERLOAD!!! ≧U≦
I hope you don't mind me Sharing the Link, it's just too Cute! Credits to you of course! x)

Hope you make more VN's Full of MOE! >w< (Y)
Yessss, shere it! All a part of my plan to spread moeness to the world.

Blue Lemma wrote:I think you've had too many coffee breaks ;)

Yes, cute game though! So when's the second one? :D
I don't drink coffee ;D
Glad you liked it!
As of this moment, plans for a second game are only up in my head. I don't know if I'll go through with it on not. It all depends on if I can find some free time in the future. Thank you for your support!

AngelicBlood wrote:OMGII.HALP MII.
I clicked on the lamp, and there's light, yes. I'm stuck now. What do I doo?;__;
Go back through this thread, there's been plenty of hints. Also, there's a video walkthrough on youtube you can check out which someone made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOMPe7nQyg

KimiYoriBaka wrote:
If you know some other methods to make a game like this in Ren'py, could you point me in the direction of some tutorials?
ummm...

I do know other ways. I've done other ways. I'm just not sure how to explain said ways so that other people could understand, and as far as I can tell, the article in the cookbook are all either outdated or more geared for other things.

Looking at your code, I think the first thing you should do is look through the documentation on screen language:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html

Specifically, the use of imagebuttons would be very helpful:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html#imagebutton

to give a relevent example, a possible inventory screen:

Code: Select all

screen inventory:
    if has_rock:
        imagebutton:
            idle "rock.png"   #the image for the rock
            hover "rock.png"  #required to be here, but not required to be different from idle
            action SetVariable("holding", 1)  #(variable with quotation marks, new value)
            pos (20, 20)  #the position of the image (from the top left)

#insert similar code for the rest of the possible items

label start:
    call screen inventory

does that help at all?
Yes, it does help. I'll study this and give it a try. Thank you very much :D

heavyblade
Regular
Projects: Lucifer's Curse
Organization: Splitin2kun

#81 Post by heavyblade »

This is the first VN that I have played with the character interacting with the bgs. So it was a very pleasing experience. The Moe was also very well..moe. XD
Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't figure out the puzzle. I'm guessing the red and green lights might be part of the buttons and stuff. But I still can't solve it T_T
I tried clicking the girl for some reactions I thought you'd have put. But I guess I'm just perverted like that. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a save game. Or was it there? @_@

Great game overall! : D
Want to hire me for commissions? E-mail me at rsalimnarayanan@gmail[dot]com

cuttlefish
Regular

#82 Post by cuttlefish »

Such a short game, but very enjoyable :)
At first, I didn't realize I needed to click on the lamp for Fabienne to turn it on. I was just randomly clicking the dark screen, and then I thought she turned it on on her own. I didn't notice the lamp's silhouette till a second playthrough, trying to get a different ending.
It's too bad there wasn't a second ending. I was expecting something might be done with the bunny toy to catch the kidnapper, but Fabienne just wasn't cooperating with me xD

Fabienne's animations and lines made it fun to solve puzzles with her and explore the room. The puzzles were straightforward, but the logic of one puzzle bugged me.
Unless the pipe was clogged, the water would have washed the key away. And metal keys wouldn't float in water. If I hadn't played escape the room games with similar problems, I might have gotten stuck on this puzzle.
But otherwise, there were no bugs or other issues. Just please unshackle the player next time, Fabienne TT_TT

yanderelover

#83 Post by yanderelover »

I absolutely adore this sort of escape the room games. And moe.
Thank you for making one man's dream come true by combining the two.

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#84 Post by Viobli »

An escape the room game! Reminds me of old times when I played these games before :)
The starting of the game is pretty standard, it is the last puzzle that I didn't understand lol. Thanks to the help of the hints, I managed to solve it (but then I didn't understand the ending instead >.>) Anyway, this is really fun, please do make more of such games in future!

Thedarkjoa
Regular

#85 Post by Thedarkjoa »

Hey dude, i have the android version. I read the description and i saw someting like this "absolutely no ads" so i wanna make you a question, is possible put ads on a renpy/Android game?

LolicOnion
Regular

#86 Post by LolicOnion »

Thedarkjoa wrote:Hey dude, i have the android version. I read the description and i saw someting like this "absolutely no ads" so i wanna make you a question, is possible put ads on a renpy/Android game?
I honestly don't know. I just advertised it as ad-free because I know that's something some people look for.

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#87 Post by Alte »

I admit this an earliest escape game I played from Ren'Py. For some reason I couldn't complete few of them out there but this one. :? Perhaps I couldn't find the time to figure it out.

Thank you for creating it, it's short and have a concise ending.

Summer of 2013, I tried an app game called "Ellie" I can't helped but to think it sort of remind me of Moe Escape. Except for the multiple endings and mention of additional characters.

I prefer the end of Moe Escape of how it leads up to the reader's interpretation.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

dinaga

#88 Post by dinaga »

Really cool game! Short but sweet, full of moe and spooky atmosphere!
I liked it very much! The main character is adorable and the last puzzle was very interesting :)
It's really cool how you used Ren'Py to create something that is not a classical VN, but used point and click elements instead.

I wish it was longer! I will surely be checking out your next game, because this game was a blast :) Keep on with the great work!

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#89 Post by InvertMouse »

That title really drew my attention so let me check it out! I'll be playing the game at night so hopefully there are no jump scares or anything :P~

Misheru10
Deviantart: BlackMisheru

#90 Post by Misheru10 »

I love escape games!!!
The last one with the number-code was easy for me ^-^
You don't need a shooting star...