Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#91 Post by musical74 »

So far I've gotten Yurika good ending, Tohko good ending, and Asilana good ending...now I just need to see if there's a *can get more than one* ending...and maybe find that elusive ending #1 :D

Kudos are in order, Chronoluminare...after playing it a few times and trying different things...the characters are VERY fleshed out. Even the *minor characters* of the King and the Caller are well thought out. Understanding each character's motivations, why Makato acts the way he does, what motivates Yurika, understanding Tohko....it's all very well done and thought out :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#92 Post by chronoluminaire »

PrettySammy09 wrote:YEESSSSS!!!

Finally! Finally! I got the ending~! Thanks to tips, help, and a huge amount of replaying the game, I finally got Ending 1!! (breaks down and weeps) I seriously think I could quote this game I've played it so many times!!

I never would have guessed how to get it though. >_> But once I saw it, it just clicked! (Thanks for Quacking Shoe dropping me that hint about which chapter the secret was in.)
Congratulations! I'm delighted that all your effort paid off :) And I'm honoured to have created a game that you'd be willing to put that much effort into :)
(I think I like Kei and Tohko together. :3)
Yeah, me too... :)
I almost wonder if I should have made that happen on all paths except her own. But there's something to be said for having that as a bonus that only happens in Ending 1 as well :)
Thanks Chrono for an awesome game! I swear, I love all the stuff you make. It's amazing. :3
Well, thank you for playing, and for the kind words :oops:
Sethaniel wrote:I can't get anything except the bad ending or Asilana's good ending. I *think* I'm steadily pursuing Tohko or Yurika, but at the end, they just walk off anyway.

Any hints?
Hmm. I certainly could give you some hints. The omake contains a couple of suggestions if you ask for a tip (what tips it offers are based on which endings you've got).

But now that there are people on this forum who've got all the endings, I think it might be better for the other players to advise you, rather than me doing it; so go ahead, readers.
P.S. on a totally unrelated note:
Knew pretty much from her introduction that there was some kind of secret/surprise about Asilana- but I was thinking for a while, "she" was a "he".
I think Asilana would be quite offended by that suggestion! I know SunKitten's blokes look feminine, but...!
;)
musical74 wrote:OK had a chance to play with the battle system a bit and found a few things interesting out about it...if you are courting Yukira she will intercept a beastie that it meant for ya and takes a hit for you.
Heehee, glad you noticed that. Did you notice what happens if you're on one of the other girls' paths?
It seems that Kei's no longer in the picture for the battle scenes,
Well, he was never meant to be a combatant. He was training in woodsmanship and suchlike while Takuya was training for battle. I admit I didn't have an explicitly stated reason for him to be absent in the other two battles, and I suppose he does demonstrate skill at trapping animals in another bit of the script, so you could call that an omission on my part. But yeah, there's basically not much that he could do in them. (As opposed to Asilana, whose healing makes the combats significantly more manageable.)
which would be a HUGE help in the fight to save the children
(can you say *GAME OVER* a few times?? :shock: That dragon's a heck of a challenge!)
Heehee ;) But you did succeed in the end? I find it quite easy to beat now, but I certainly died a couple of times to it when I was testing out the combat engine :)
and would have helped in the fight against the bandits too...seems Tayuka is the only one that has healing herbs so it's either Tayuka or the lovely elven lady for healing...which creates a probelm in the "dragon fight".
Indeed. Since the dragon will KO Asilana in one hit, it can be worth defending her once or twice that combat to keep her alive for longer.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to see if I can get a fire mage to like me...
Yay, good luck! :)
Teleute_Eirene wrote:I'm sorry if I didn't post this in the right section but I found a rather horrid bug.
I've already completed it once over with Asilana's good ending and like the ending said, I'm trying to get a better ending with her.
However I'm at the second battle (the one where we rescue the kids stuck up in the tree) and suddenly the program closes up without a trace.

Could you please help me?
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you using v1.1 or v1.1.1? If it's v1.1, there's a known issue with that release, which can be fixed by downloading the file attached to this post and putting it in your game directory. Or by choosing a different menu option from the combat menu, as you found out.
P.S. I love the story line and the artwork.
Thank you!
And I would love to see the mer people and see their story... oh and it would be so wonderful if Makoto could finally be happy. T_T
It's possible the mer may feature in a hypothetical still-unplanned sequel.
As for Makoto, well, he got to play his diplomatic games and go down in Reachfar history as the first ambassador this century to make contact with elves. He's fairly happy ^.^
Teleute_Eirene wrote:Whine Alert!!!!

I've seen the game "When I Rule the World" and although I do like the artwork, I don't think it's quite the same as "Elven Relations".
Well, no, it's not the same :) It's got the same artist and the same scriptwriter, but it's a pretty different game, dealing with different issues and almost in a different genre.
By the way, I know this might sound repetative but I really can't get the best ending with Yurika.
Heh, as you'll see from this thread, you're not the only one having difficulty there :) It is by far the most difficult ending to get, by design. Take a look through the thread for little tips I've been offering people in the past month. And be sure to pay attention to the text on other paths.
Oh and I forgot to mention this in my previous post but kudos to SunKitty. Caller is the hottest! *drools*
Heehee - I'm glad you like him! He's a very fun character ^.^
musical74 wrote:So far I've gotten Yurika good ending, Tohko good ending, and Asilana good ending...now I just need to see if there's a *can get more than one* ending...and maybe find that elusive ending #1 :D
Well, there are 8 endings in total, so you know there's a bit more to see... ^.^
Kudos are in order, Chronoluminare...after playing it a few times and trying different things...the characters are VERY fleshed out. Even the *minor characters* of the King and the Caller are well thought out. Understanding each character's motivations, why Makato acts the way he does, what motivates Yurika, understanding Tohko....it's all very well done and thought out :)
Thank you! :oops: I guess that would be a combination of having interviewed my characters to help me understand them, and a passionate concern for consistency that I have. (Probably helped by having lived with these particular characters for four years :) )
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

lyonthal

#93 Post by lyonthal »

Great Game Chronoluminaire

I like the rest of the group had to keep playing until I got Yurika's Best ending #1. Took me long enough but I GOT IT!!!!
That comment you made about going after Yurika last messing you up was true for me. That is one of the reasons it took me sooo long. When I figured it out. I went why didn't I think of this sooner? Way it goes sometimes.

This is the order in which I found the endings while playing.
Nobody bad ending #8, Asilana good ending #6, Tohko good ending #5, Tohko best ending #2,
Asilana best ending #3, Yurika good ending #7, Yurika good ending #4, Yurika best ending #1 (Finally!!!)
Thanks Again for the great game

PrettySammy09
Veteran

Re: Bugs

#94 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Teleute_Eirene wrote: P.S. I love the story line and the artwork. And I would love to see the mer people and see their story... oh and it would be so wonderful if Makoto could finally be happy. T_T
>_>...<_<

Psst...Chronoluminaire told me that in "Elven Relations 2: Everything that You Wanted to Know In Elven Relations 1 and More" Makoto's actually going to fall head over heels for a certain elf girl named Sam-- I mean... Samanthianaria Elgooth IV.

But you didn't hear it from me. :wink:

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#95 Post by Enerccio »

finished it again and again and still cannot find Yurika's best ending...
or maybe I did... but I don't think so, I got one where she left and one where she stayed but she is not happy sometimes...
Can anyone help?
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Vachiom

#96 Post by Vachiom »

Enerccio wrote:finished it again and again and still cannot find Yurika's best ending...
or maybe I did... but I don't think so, I got one where she left and one where she stayed but she is not happy sometimes...
Can anyone help?
Well, I can try and expand a little bit on what others have said about it, at least.
You're right that those aren't the one you're after -- it's Ending #1 you want here.

I'll say that chronoluminaire is right -- once you realize it everything will fall into place. The key is what is suggested in the tips from the endings (as an aside, it doesn't look like "How do I get Yurika's best ending?" is an option for the tips with ending #4, it's only there for #7 and, oddly enough, #1 itself. That threw me off until I read the comments about a relevant ending tip on here). Once I read that, and thought about what the solution could be, it all clicked. And I must say, it's a really nice touch.

As it suggests, you need to talk to other people. If you've played the other paths, you should already know who you'll need to talk to (and when) -- just try and think about what would need to happen in the ending and remember past conversations. Otherwise, going for the other girls first and keeping an eye out for it is probably your best bet.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#97 Post by Enerccio »

Vachiom wrote:
Enerccio wrote:finished it again and again and still cannot find Yurika's best ending...
Can anyone help?
Well, I can try and expand a little bit on what others have said about it, at least.
You're right that those aren't the one you're after -- it's Ending #1 you want here.

I'll say that chronoluminaire is right -- once you realize it everything will fall into place. The key is what is suggested in the tips from the endings (as an aside, it doesn't look like "How do I get Yurika's best ending?" is an option for the tips with ending #4, it's only there for #7 and, oddly enough, #1 itself. That threw me off until I read the comments about a relevant ending tip on here). Once I read that, and thought about what the solution could be, it all clicked. And I must say, it's a really nice touch.

As it suggests, you need to talk to other people. If you've played the other paths, you should already know who you'll need to talk to (and when) -- just try and think about what would need to happen in the ending and remember past conversations. Otherwise, going for the other girls first and keeping an eye out for it is probably your best bet.
Hmm I tired things like sitting between cellar and ambassador but that is not working and there are mainly only combats there and girls lines... well I was thinking that maybe if Asilana can do something that time we stayed with king in one room but i doubt it.
And I know that in #1 is Kei+Tohko, so maybe that is the point... nad Kei told me that he likes her...

Vachiom

#98 Post by Vachiom »

Enerccio wrote:
Hmm I tired things like sitting between cellar and ambassador but that is not working and there are mainly only combats there and girls lines... well I was thinking that maybe if Asilana can do something that time we stayed with king in one room but i doubt it.
And I know that in #1 is Kei+Tohko, so maybe that is the point... nad Kei told me that he likes her...
How to be helpful without just giving the whole thing away...
What needs to happen in order for you and Yurika to be happy together? You need to transfer to the Exploration Division with her, yes? If you've already played the other girls' routes, you should have heard the name of someone who could make that happen.

If you still can't get it, go through the other girls' routes again and keep an eye out for something that looks relevant. I always hate getting this line, but it's true -- you'll know it when you see it.

Really, I'm not sure what else I can say that wouldn't simply give it away. Conversations with other people, the other girls' routes, Exploration Division...

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#99 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I do not understand the part of "watch the sunrise." when does this occur?
on Yurikas path, it is,
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#100 Post by Enerccio »

Sailor Kitty wrote:I do not understand the part of "watch the sunrise." when does this occur?
on Yurikas path, it is,
yeah same for me... only once i read about sunrise but it as in part where are no more choices... :cry:

teankun
Regular

#101 Post by teankun »

Yay!!! I got the best Yurika. I knew I did right when I got three choises instead of just two at the end
I actually, thought of going on the Expedition forces with her, but I though it interesting that it was "we" not "I."
Just proves that it is not what you know but WHO you know.
Now I just have to get the best of Asilina. Is the turning before Elvenglade?
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by Enerccio »

Sailor Kitty wrote:I do not understand the part of "watch the sunrise." when does this occur?
on Yurikas path, it is,
okay i found it....
but after that there are coices liker to drink or not, gistory of elves etc...

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#103 Post by musical74 »

Gotten endings 2.4.5.6.7......getting there!!!

One thing that struck me as a little odd......Kei consistently reffering to Yurika as *sir*. Yeah, I know it's military and that's the normal response - but as Yurika IS female, wouldn't "ma'am" be better? Yeah yeah, I'm nitpicking, but....just seemed odd to me.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#104 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Well, In Hellsing, Integra is called sir, too. I think we are refering to Sir in the military, where it initially meant knight.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#105 Post by chronoluminaire »

musical74 wrote:Gotten endings 2.4.5.6.7......getting there!!!

One thing that struck me as a little odd......Kei consistently reffering to Yurika as *sir*. Yeah, I know it's military and that's the normal response - but as Yurika IS female, wouldn't "ma'am" be better? Yeah yeah, I'm nitpicking, but....just seemed odd to me.
Fair question; but in my experience of the British military system, "Sir" is the address used for both male and female officers by lower-ranked members.

While I'm here, congrats to teankun on getting that ending!
As for Enerccio and Sailor Kitty, do you want any specific kind of tip, or are you all right?
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!