Words Within Our Hearts [GXB VN] *UPDATED: 12/28/11*

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TakeOverWorld
Regular

Re: Words Within Our Hearts [GXB otome romance VN, WIP]

#46 Post by TakeOverWorld »

If you use Novelty, only Windows users will be able to play your game. Eitherway, use whatever program suits you.

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#47 Post by Cidz »

yeah thats one of the downsides that and novelty doesnt have as many options like the player cant control the volume and stuff.
well ill mess around with both more and see which one is easier to use lol.

Cidz
Veteran

#48 Post by Cidz »

soooo anyone here intersted in being a programmer or background artist?
if you are intersted check out this thread post here, that thread, or PM me.

(also i decided to go with renpy and have now started working on the game barely just putting in the text. man even that is kind of hard i hate when i cant figure out my errors >_< )

Jubbz
Regular
Projects: Words within our Hearts (script writer)

#49 Post by Jubbz »

Alright, I'm hoping i can consider Chris's route finished. I mean, i had to do SO MANY changes and touch-ups, it aint funny. XD

Guess i've become a little rusty in writing.
I mean, i normally don't write in Script style ya know. XD

But hey, i'm a little crazy. :|

Anyway, Finally getting started on Avu's route, whom i've been wanting to work on for a WHILE. Haha, so you can consider it at 5% for his route.

I need to update my siggy.
As you know, I'm called Jubbz, of the CSW Anime Blog. I started it, i run it. :D

Words Within Our Hearts (GxB VN)
Progress blog on the game
Current script progress: 20%.
I'm one of the writers of the Words within Our Hearts Otome Visual Novel, working on the scripts.
Completed Chris's route, and now working on Jeremy's. I'll re-do Avu's route when we get started on the sequel.

Celestine
Veteran

#50 Post by Celestine »

You could try playing Corrupt a Wish or Storytelling in General section.
If you get stuck again.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Jubbz
Regular
Projects: Words within our Hearts (script writer)

#51 Post by Jubbz »

Celestine wrote:You could try playing Corrupt a Wish or Storytelling in General section.
If you get stuck again.
Hmm... You mean, play that Corrupt Wish game with my self, using my own ideas...?

Or with others?

Well... either way, it sounds like a good idea for when i'm trying to aim for a solid kind of conflict.
As you know, I'm called Jubbz, of the CSW Anime Blog. I started it, i run it. :D

Words Within Our Hearts (GxB VN)
Progress blog on the game
Current script progress: 20%.
I'm one of the writers of the Words within Our Hearts Otome Visual Novel, working on the scripts.
Completed Chris's route, and now working on Jeremy's. I'll re-do Avu's route when we get started on the sequel.

Cidz
Veteran

#52 Post by Cidz »

alright so it seems we now have a background artsist yay! and for free super yay! ^_^

Cidz
Veteran

#53 Post by Cidz »

Cidz wrote:alright so it seems we now have a background artsist yay! and for free super yay! ^_^
nevermind. I guess she wont be able to work on it afterall due to circumstances.

Well, that's fine perhaps someday if things change she can. Either way, I'm going to continue working on the scripts and programming with everyone else. There's also free resources or my not-so-great-but-passable filtered photo backgrounds >_>. It's not really like I need them right now or anything backgrounds can wait lol.

Celestine
Veteran

#54 Post by Celestine »

Silly of course I mean with other people.

Who knows it might be even pretty fun. Could let out a bit of work-stalled frustration out.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#55 Post by Dakishimete »

11 love interest? That surely is a big project. And fully voiced? You're aiming for something big.

Cidz
Veteran

#56 Post by Cidz »

that seems fun i might have to try that myself.

and i guess i should do an end of the month (oh well more like begging of month >_>) progress report.

Writing:
* jubbz - chris route completely finished, avus rough draft half-way through.
* chapperz - hasnt made anymore progress still did a bit of dreams script. He brainstromed on kitsu's route. He will have more time to work on it however with fall season approaching.
* cidz - im pretty much in the same boat as chapperz >_> i finished common route and programming that now. I wrote a bit of masons route.

Art:

(i heard from our artists a couple weeks ago i PMd them again still waiting to hear back so im not sure if this is the most current or if they did more but ill let you guys know if more progress has been made)

Also still on the look for a background artist. Will probably use pre-made free to use backgrounds as a placeholder in the meantime.

* gothic~ichigo - working on chris sprite. sent a few things to tasuki to be colored
* tasuki: has colored a few things. unsure if she sent them to gothic~ichigo yet or not.

Programming:
* cidz: programming common route almost done with that. Will begin programmin chris route afterwards. Just the text nothing else.
* megz: i gave him a small test subject to see if he can program the ability to make a route appear after everyone elses and he figured it out so yay.

Misc:
* I've worked a bit on the GUI design in photoshop I'm almost satisfactory with it once i get something decent ill show it to you guys maybe make a few examples see which ones you like the best.
* other then that not much else has been going on. I dont have any art yet, so cant show any screencaps but once i get something I will defintly take some to show you guys. Will also work on updating the front page lol.

Celestine
Veteran

Re: Words Within Our Hearts [GXB otome romance VN]

#57 Post by Celestine »

Wow your gonna do it with voice too! Well becareful with your performers speaking in dictation.

If anybody had choir practice before you'd know what I mean. You have to pronounce things with more lisp and bit louder to get sounds of speech more clearly heard. Otherwise it'll sound far away and mumbly.

Cidz
Veteran

#58 Post by Cidz »

@ Dakishimete - yeah it really is O_O i hope we arent going over our heads with this. but I think we'll do ok so far we are comming along nicely. Yeah we would like to later on, but thats something to really concider for later. Still if thinks work out and we get ourselves a game going yeah it would be nice.

@ celestine - thanks for the advice! tho we planned on hiring people from voice actor alliance since we dont have any expreience really (except for chapperz he has voice acting experience so he can do a voice lol)

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#59 Post by kersplode »

ooh, have you got a forum on va alliance? I'd love to try out for a part if I can~ :D
anyway, I've been watching this thread for a while, and I think this sounds super-cute! the art is totes adorbs. <3

Cidz
Veteran

#60 Post by Cidz »

@ kersplode - not yet and probably wont for awhile but id love to have you try out when we do. we are really focusing on the script i dont want to get too ahead of ourselves and be like hey do our voices then turns out hey wait we might not be able to complete this >_>

so its something wed like to do but its still in the future really lol.

oh and im glad to know you really like it <333 i hope itll be just as good as people think itll be we'll keep trying and doing until we get it right haha.