Recruiting Background Artist

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

Recruiting Background Artist

#1 Post by Kinjo »

Greetings, LemmaSoft.

I am currently writing a kinetic novel, and it has come to my attention that I am in dire need of a background artist and music composer.

There are four five other people working with me right now. Among them are two artists, a personal motivator, a music composer, and a beta tester, while I am the head writer/programmer.

I would like to keep the details mostly under wraps for now, but to give you a basic understanding of the VN:

-the genre is murder mystery, with horror elements
-mostly dark/serious tone
-anime art style (but still realistic)
-the length is intended to be around 100,000 words (10,000 per chapter on average)
-this will be the first in a series of murder mystery novels
-we may or may not go commercial with the first game

If you're interested in working on this project with us, please PM me.

Thank you.
Last edited by Kinjo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Re: Recruiting Background Artist and Music Composer

#2 Post by Watercolorheart »

Are you commissioning your artists, paying one sum in advance, paying when the project releases and offering a contracted portion of sales, or looking for an out-of-the-goodness-of-your-heart offer?

If you're looking for the latter, a completed script and more detailed summary of the story, the characters, and your vision works wonders for attracting interest.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#3 Post by Kinjo »

BCS wrote:Are you commissioning your artists, paying one sum in advance, paying when the project releases and offering a contracted portion of sales, or looking for an out-of-the-goodness-of-your-heart offer?

If you're looking for the latter, a completed script and more detailed summary of the story, the characters, and your vision works wonders for attracting interest.
We haven't given it much thought yet.

Like I said, it may or may not go commercial. We might just wait until the second game for that.

Either way, you make a good point. I should probably have written more about the story in the opening post.

A quick summary of the premise:
The story follows a not-so-famous journalist named Butler, and his friend Gilligan, the son of a famous CEO, as they unravel a murder mystery that takes place on a recently-opened cruise ship. What connection is there between the deaths of a couple on the same ship half a century before? Is the ship haunted, or is it all the doing of a human culprit?

Other characters include the CEO himself, his coworkers, a lewd maid, an old chef, and the captain of the ship.
Each game in the series would feature a new cast of characters each time, to keep things fresh.
(You could say I was partially inspired by Umineko.)

I've written the prologue and all of chapter one at the moment. If you're interested in working with the rest of the team members, PM me and I can give you what I've written so far.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

If you decide to release the KN for free, here's a good source for a wide variety of royalty free music.
http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.