[ProjectZero] Memento Mori

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Annie Quinn
Regular

[ProjectZero] Memento Mori

#1 Post by Annie Quinn »

Project Zero Presents...
Scott Gambino is not the brightest crayon in the box. He's somehow managed to fail all his classes with a negative number, he's never gotten a girlfriend, and he still can't match up his heroic older brother, Lucas. He's a good-for-nothing idiot of a nerd who freaks out at the mere mention of magic--courtesy of his little sisters.

His life only takes a turn for a worser fate once he steals a doll from a mysterious store for his sister's birthday. Everywhere he goes, the doll somehow ends up in his possession--be it in his locker or even in his own arms.

If that isn't strange enough, Scott soon finds out that the doll is actually a trapped girl by the name of Pandora. It's suddenly up to him and a quiet girl named Renee (or at least, according to Merlin and his apprentice, Sierra), to find Pandora's box and return what has been lost before it's too late.

Memento mori....
Scott Gambino
The idiotic and unlikely hero of his story. He's part of a large family where he gets hardly any recognition, which prompts him to always strive to do his best, even though it might not really be the best. After having stolen Pandora from a mysterious store, he became marked as a Chosen and learned of the world of Arcadia. He's been recruited by Merlin to conserve the peace of the real world and Arcadia with Renee, as well as to find Pandora's missing box on the side. He's an 8th grader at St. Olympic Middle School and enjoys playing hockey.

Renee Henderson
A fiery redhead with a chilling personality, Renee's the heroine of her story. She's at the top of her class and is considered to be the dangerous and demon-possessed rebel of her school, even though she wouldn't agree to it. She met Scott at the mysterious store and was also marked as a Chosen. She's been recruited by Merlin to conserve the peace of the real world and Arcadia with Scott, as well as to find Pandora's missing box on the side--though she isn't particularly fond of this task. She's an 8th grader at Blessed Trinity Middle School.

Pandora
Pandora is a doll that was stolen from a mysterious store to be given to Jenna Gambino as a birthday present. She marked Renee and Scott as Chosen, hoping they'd be able to help her find her missing box. She tends to prefer Scott's company--anyone else who's in possession of her becomes cursed until they give her up. She's incapable of speaking as a doll. Nothing else is known about her.
-Characters are fully voiced
-Original soundtrack (including selected character themes)
-Original background art
-Original character art
-Original illustrations
S T O R Y
Writer: Annie Quinn
Scripter: Annie Quinn
Script Editor: Dice L. Jisei

M U S I C
Composers: Rob Belen, Annie Quinn, Chris Thurman
Performers: Rob Belen, Chris Thurman
Vocals: -to be scouted-

A R T
Character Designs: Sunny Ikimaru, Annie Quinn
Sprites: Sunny Ikimaru
Background Art: -to be scouted-
Illustrations: Sunny Ikimaru
-0-0-0-0-
Director's Notes:
Might as well announce it while the ball's rolling. This idea has been swimming in my mind since the beginning of summer 2011, and I've decided it's about time to execute it. This project is still very early in production--I doubt I can finish the game by the end of 2012.

Because I know how much time this is going to take, I'm planning to release the visual novel as episodes, at first. Sort of like watching the cutscenes of a video game on YouTube, I guess. I'll be releasing visual novel in its entirety by the time Memento Mori's story has reached its end--and that's when the typical components of a VN will kick in, such as being able to choose different options. Hence why I have yet to work out the features of the visual novel when it isn't just for show. ;)
S T O R Y
The first chapter (episode) of the visual novel is currently being scripted. If things go as planned, it'll be completed by the end of January 2012.

A R T
The character designs for each of the characters are currently being worked on. The two main characters, Scott and Renee, have been drawn. Here's a sample of the art:

Renee Henderson

M U S I C
Currently, there are three composers and two musicians working on this. I'm waiting for the confirmation of one more musician to fully get started on the music. Eleven tracks on the OST have already been identified, including all of the character themes. The official track list will be released once we've all gotten together and discussed.

V O I C E S
I'm not planning on casting for voice actors yet. While the two main characters, Scott and Renee, may already have voice actors set (and will be announced when confirmed), this part of development will not be pursued until after the above sections are completed. I am, however, accepting demo reels for future reference when I do scout (or hold auditions) for the characters. PM me if interested.
Last edited by Annie Quinn on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Veniae
Veteran

Re: [ProjectZero] Memento Mori

#2 Post by Veniae »

Aaah, this looks really nice! Both the story and art seem promising! Good luck, and I'm looking forward to updates~ (:

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#3 Post by Zatch »

The story is very promising! The picture that show that you show is pretty neat also. Can't wait to see the rest of your characters! ^w^ GL!

xxxSakura
Regular

#4 Post by xxxSakura »

*puts on stalking list*

I'm in love with this Latin quote you've chosen for your title! I had even considered getting it (along wit memento vivere) tattooed at some point in time. The art is looking good and the story sounds promising too! Looking forward to it ;)