Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] Update Apr/14

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kimidori

Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] Update Apr/14

#1 Post by Kimidori »

The Visual Novel based on the ongoing fanfic written by Triple_R from animesuki, i'm the one who do the programming

link to the fanfic

Code: Select all

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109633
from the fanfic's author
It would be wrote from the perspective of Madoka (1st Person narration), and would follow the anime narrative closely, except the reader could make choices (mostly verbal) at key moments to shift the story in different directions, and potentially move Madoka into romances with other major characters. Different choices can "raise" or "lower" Madoka's level of affection with different characters, and that can open up (or close off) potential yuri romantic routes. So it's important for readers to keep track of the choices that they make as that will make a big difference later on in the fanfic. You can, of course, read what the results of each choice is, but pay special attention to the results of the choice that you make, as those are the results that will stick with your initial read-through of the fanfic.

Anyway, I hope that this is a fanfic that Madoka Magica, yuri, and VN fans will all enjoy!
the VN covered 5 chapter of the fanfic with 1 ending. chapter 6 and 7 will be covered soon.

Download Madoka Magica: Pure Pink Pretty Lovers V0.5 here (141 Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnsl4ba56q61x7r
Update Patch v0.4->v0.5, just simply copy all the extracted file from the update patch to v0.4 folder and start the game with Madoka Magica Pure Pink Pretty Lovers v0.5.exe

http://www.mediafire.com/?fzaz30lnesej1i2

screenshot
Last edited by Kimidori on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 am, edited 11 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

This is a fangame based on a recent fanfic (technically, a fan-made gamebook/CYOA). And from what I read on the Animesuki thread, it looks like you're working with the fanfic's author. To riff on a catchphrase from a popular movie, we need to go deeper. :D

The writing is certainly similar to the original fanfic, which in turn seems like a GxG-friendly version of the original show. And I believe that all of your images are (slightly modified?) stills from the series. No complaints either way.
My main concern so far is a problem that exists in the original fanfic... Breaking the fourth wall is something which should be done carefully. In just the first few scenes, there has been a Studio Shaft reference and an Akiyuki Shinbo reference. It's not like going meta is entirely bad, but it does break the illusion that this game is its own world. It's kind of like saying "Hello, welcome to the real world!"

Kimidori

Re: Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] [Fantasy]

#3 Post by Kimidori »

thank for the feedback :), yeah i'm working with the author

UPDATE
v0.3 with chapter 3 is done, First post updated
since the VN got pretty long, this version not only cover chapter 3 but also include save/load system. but you can only save once you finish a chapter instead of everywhere.

Kimidori

Re: Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] Update 2/5

#4 Post by Kimidori »

v0.4 with chapter 4 and 5 is done! first post updated

unfortunately, the save file type i programmed in v0.3 become incompatible after i made some change in the code so i have programmed a new save file type in v0.4, this new save file type will compatible with all future version however the code change. sorry for the inconvenience.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] Update Feb/

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

I just checked the thread on Animesuki, and it looks like the fanfic is still being written. So... how are things going in regards to the game adaptation?

Kimidori

Re: Madoka Magica, Pure Pink Pretty Lovers [GxG] Update Feb/

#6 Post by Kimidori »

gekiganwing wrote:I just checked the thread on Animesuki, and it looks like the fanfic is still being written. So... how are things going in regards to the game adaptation?
i just continue with it again after i got enough sprite

anyway, V0.5 is done, this is the remake of the VN to chapter 5 so no new chapter was added. first post updated