Research: Attitude towards drugs?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Research: Attitude towards drugs?

#16 Post by papillon »

Thus, I wish more people in this thread wold simply argue randomly, on any subject, about drugs.
It's neither fair nor kind to try and randomly provoke actual arguments between your acquaintances so that you can exploit them for your own purposes.

If you want to see how people are seen 'in society', decide WHICH society first and then go and research THAT society. If you want to see random arguments about drugs, do a quick websearch and find forums and comment threads where such things are going on. For a quick starter, you could go to Yahoo Answers, where all sorts of random people argue about all sorts of things.

If you want people here to help you write specific characters and positions, describe the characters and positions and I'm sure people will be able to suggest details. This forum is, after all, full of writers trying to help each other. But poking people with a stick in the hopes of getting them upset with each other is not nice.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Lishy »

papillon wrote:
Thus, I wish more people in this thread wold simply argue randomly, on any subject, about drugs.
It's neither fair nor kind to try and randomly provoke actual arguments between your acquaintances so that you can exploit them for your own purposes.
'Exploit' is a little harsh, don'tcha think? I have been doing research from all angles. I just figured getting Lemmasoft's opinions as well would be a community worthy of surveying, since they're OUTSIDE the conflict! You know. Average anime fans on the internet!

I really appreciate those posting in this thread, but they don't have to if they don't want to. As I've said, 'exploit' is a harsh way to put it. I do not wish to provoke people into aggressive arguments, but merely hear what people have to say, and they can even debate it civilly while they're at it.

It's just general purpose research on society, and I'm not exploiting what anyone says in this thread.
-

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#18 Post by Sapphi »

Have you been at LSF long? I agree with Papillon... it seems like every time someone brings up a controversial RL issue at this forum, it turns into a debate which spans pages and pages and which gets progressively nastier as it goes along. A lot of people here have very strong opinions AND come from many different walks of life, so debate topics often do not end well, no matter how well-intentioned the OP was. Such debates distract people from working on their projects and creates headaches for the moderators because no matter how they choose to react to the discussion, there is usually someone upset about their decision.

That's not to say you can't ask for opinions, of course, but attempting to provoke a debate is a choice you would probably reconsider if you had seen some of our previous threads...
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬