NaNoRenO Game-Realizations

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KyuKuru

NaNoRenO Game-Realizations

#1 Post by KyuKuru »

Hey everyone, this is my complete 2007 NaNoRenO Game-Realizations
The basic idea is a boy who is forced to move to Oklahoma and starts to have realizations about his life, weather they are good or bad is up to you.

P.S: I am only loading the windows version because my internets on the fritz and I have been up all night just putting this one on.

EDIT:Hey everyone I have fixed some minor errors, shrunk the file size, and uploaded the other versions, enjoy^_^
Attachments
Realizations-mac.zip
(8.98 MiB) Downloaded 834 times
Realizations-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(9.25 MiB) Downloaded 659 times
Realizations.zip
(9.29 MiB) Downloaded 2962 times
Last edited by KyuKuru on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mokenju1
Regular

#2 Post by mokenju1 »

Congratulations :wink: . NaNoRenO is great, so many games to play :D .

It's a touching story and I found very interesting that...
There's no explanation of why she wanted to date him. This means that although he couldn't thought that a girl like her could be genuinely interested in him, she liked him after all. And she didn't seem very sure that he was going to like her... her insecurity is touching too.

And is curious that the path that gives the name to the game (the one when they seem to be only friends at the moment and the main character talks about the realization) is not the natural "best path" that would be the one where they kiss.
And the backgrounds are beautiful :wink: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

I found it very amusing that you were able to put almost the entire lineup of Blade Engine character sprites to good use! :lol:

And used well they were! Their postures fit with their dialogue perfectly.

As for the story, I got a hint maybe you were not a native English speaker, but regardless the lines were well-delivered. I liked the characters and the story was charming.

Line of the week:
Well I have finally come to the Realization that I am an idiot!

KyuKuru

#4 Post by KyuKuru »

I am very pleased that you enjoyed It, I made this game in one day, to be accurate I made it in about eight hours. So if there are a few errors I apologize, but I was happy with it. Again thanks to all that played, and for your comments^_^!!!

Ignosco
Veteran

#5 Post by Ignosco »

8 hours :D, making a VN in that length of time is a great achievement. It was a nice, enjoyable, light-hearted, humourous story with great backgrounds and excellent use of character art.

Congratulations :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

Alright, a nice game, I played through it and here's some thoughts!

The description for the game is IMO kind of misleading, at least for me - I expected some contemplative teen thought drama, but instead this isn't dwelling in too many questions, it's quite simple and I like simple. But it took me a playthrough or two to (excuse the pun) realize this.

The different realizations (endings) were nicely done, it was all very enjoyable and I replayed the ones I had gotten before understanding the nature of the game - and they fitted nicely. So it took me some time to adjust myself to this, but then I think I was able to appreciate the game much better and I enjoyed playing it.

One slight remark would be the use of stock characters, the more games use tsuina the less unique she will feel (in all the games that use her). But that's I suppose the drawback for the convencience of using such characters and people usually know this, so all that I can do is respect that decision - people who played My Teacher will find the character less unique, and those who will play your game first will have less immersion in MT. That's the way it goes.

Nevertheless, a good job, thanks for this nice release!

And the obligatory question, may we include your game in the Ren'Ai Archives?

KyuKuru

#7 Post by KyuKuru »

First off I would like you thank all of you for your comments. I appreciate all of you telling me what you liked and what you think I could improve on in my next game. An answer to mikey question, I would be honored if you would include my game in the Ren'Ai Archives!!!

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I find this to be a nice little game- especially considering it's extremely rapid construction. There were several times where the characters' expressions matched perfectly (particularly the bedroom scene). And there were several nice touches that just made the game feel... bigger than it was.
One really cool thing about this game for me is that I took most of the photos. So, it feels like a hybrid of reality and fantasy, when I see settings that I am intimately familiar with, mixed with images of anime characters. It's a hard feeling to describe... Perhaps other game makers who use their own photo BGs can relate. But it feels especially strong to me, as I was actually quite detached from the making of the game.
mikey wrote: One slight remark would be the use of stock characters, the more games use tsuina the less unique she will feel (in all the games that use her). But that's I suppose the drawback for the convencience of using such characters and people usually know this, so all that I can do is respect that decision - people who played My Teacher will find the character less unique, and those who will play your game first will have less immersion in MT. That's the way it goes.
There's a bit of a story behind the incredibly small working window for this game, and the use of stock character art. Of course, I'll leave it to KyuKuru to disclose any of the details ~_^

Xaviel

Re: NaNoRenO Game-Realizations

#9 Post by Xaviel »

I can kind of relate to this story; I was forced to move to Oklahoma when I was 14 because my parents split (Mother's relatives live in Oklahoma). Downloading it now, but it looks good.

Mikan
Veteran

#10 Post by Mikan »

I've been playing around with different story lines and possibilities with Ren'Py for the past few months now, and I have to say, playing this game was quite a refreshing break.

I played it straight through it in about ten minutes and then again in another few minutes, and when I realized I had already beat it, I was laughing because it was so simple yet there was nothing else left to be desired. The alternative endings are great too.

Good job.

#11 Post by Guest »

is this playable in vista? i tried to play it but nothing came out

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#12 Post by PyTom »

Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Ailorn
Projects: nothing concrete yet

#13 Post by Ailorn »

there is no character development. No compelling story or reason to interact with this character.

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#14 Post by trish_vc »

woa.. 8 hours of labor! not bad! :D
it's simple but very interesting!!
good luck on your future projects!
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*