Let's form a team! (Closed/On Hiatus for a bit)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Rinrinnya
Regular

Let's form a team! (Closed/On Hiatus for a bit)

#1 Post by Rinrinnya »

~Edit~ I still wanna make a team, but now I'm working on writing for two visual novels and I'd like to make a team when I'm all focused and ready. Thank you very much and don't worry about a thing, I'll form a team eventually <3 Just do everything you were doing until I finish these visual novels lol QwQ

I'm Rin, I'm a girl who likes visual novels. More BxG games than vice versa, mainly because I like the stories in those a bit better. (I really love the nakige genre.) I also love horror visual novels, but I'd probably be bad at making some.

I love Ren'Py and I'd really like to make a visual novel one day. Or multiple visual novels. Four Leaf Studios are my idols. As is Key and Ryukishi07, the big guys. <3

It's too bad I can't supply any good art for a visual novel, and I can't program as well as I'd like. I'd like to compose music for it one day, but I don't have any software for that. (This computer is a school computer, so I can't install software either; thank goodness I installed Ren'Py before they decided to ban installation. Which is also why I can't install the driver for my printer/scanner to be able to scan pictures. How flawed!)

I also just think a team would be more fun and just better!! So I would love to just create a fun and easy-going, unpaid team to make some visual novels. We can start off small and grow from there. It's my dream. <3

About the team I'd like to make:

It'll be a free team, I'm sorry I don't have money to give... x.x Maybe one day. <3

I'd like to specialize in the nakige/eroge BxG genre, but we can spread out eventually if you prefer.

The size of the team really doesn't matter to me-- for a person to fill in multiple jobs would be cool, and also if there's more than one person on one job, the more the merrier. But here are some spots that probably need to be filled:

First, I will be a writer and scripter. I'd also like to design the documented 'instructions' for the rest of the team that kind of guides them where they are going overall (without restricting their creativity). Plus I like making sure everything is in check and on schedule. Are scripters also the coders? Because I'm not very good at coding, but I'm decent, and I can fill that role if we have no one else... I am not good at coding to customize things like menus and text boxes, however. Thus:

It'd probably be good to have another programmer in the team. Someone who can make everything pretty. <3

It's not primary, but I'd also like multiple writers in the team eventually. It'd be good for different people to work on different routes, like the pros do. :)

An artist would of course be good. I love giving the artist creative freedom to do whatever they want; of course if they like having guidelines I could do that too. All I ask is that I have an artist that at least knows how to make the moe kind of girls that will most likely be most of the sprites drawn in our visual novels. And that the sprites are colorful with cool hair and eye colors~

A background artist would be nice, though not mandatory. There's tons of resources for backgrounds, anyway, but it would be awesome if we had one.

A composer as well. I like computer-made music a little better than instruments, but whatever sounds nice. <3

And I think those are the fundamentals that should be in the group. ^^ Again, we don't need just one person to fill each category. It'd be so fun!

To conclude, I made a very short, 10-minute or so visual novel to portray my writing and coding skills. It's really simple and I didn't do anything fancy with it, but please ignore my inability to make things pretty. That's not what I specialize in lol. x.x

This is a very surreal and imaginative story I came up with a few days ago, and spent the last two days putting to life. I'll also have to mention the sprites are from Google Images and I poorly edited them to change expressions and stuff, ahihi. (One of them I had to draw the top of her head in too because she didn't have one. x.x) The music is from my playlist too lol-- I wouldn't do this kind of stuff for a "real" game. Of course I'm not planning on selling or even promoting this visual novel; I made it merely for the purpose of this thread in this forum, so I really hope no one goes into a fit about it or anything, like it matters. uwu; I don't own anything except the story. The rest of the resources were from free-resource sites. I'll have to apologize for my poor editing skills though; I can't install Photoshop as I've mentioned why before, so I'm stuck with pixlr. (You should just be focusing on my writing and coding anyway! ;w;)

Anyway, enjoy! Let's make a great team together! <3 (Also, I'm pretty sure I built the distribution wrong. If any experts want to help me with it, feel free, I'm a newbie. It'll save me from mistakes in the future. Thanks~ xwx)
Attachments
Flower-1.0-all.zip
I really hope it works...it did when I test-ran it, but still.
(79.3 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Last edited by Rinrinnya on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haven't made any development blogs yet, so to keep this colorful, here's my Puricute account! <3333 (That I sadly can't update very often... T^T)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Let's form a team!

#2 Post by Kato »

This is actually a really cool story idea, have you written much more on it or have you just left it there? I would be interested in seeing what further plans you have for the story since there wasn't enough time to build up any real sense of a plot.

It'll be difficult finding a team however as it looks as if you wouldn't be able to invest a huge amount of time into it and might be difficult to contact. Do you have access to a computer outside of your school or would you be limited solely to the time you have free during the school day?

Either way, I enjoyed what little there was. The premise seemed good and minus some personal nit-picking with the writing, that wasn't too bad either! I would be interested in seeing this get off the ground.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Rinrinnya
Regular

#3 Post by Rinrinnya »

Kato wrote:This is actually a really cool story idea, have you written much more on it or have you just left it there? I would be interested in seeing what further plans you have for the story since there wasn't enough time to build up any real sense of a plot.

It'll be difficult finding a team however as it looks as if you wouldn't be able to invest a huge amount of time into it and might be difficult to contact. Do you have access to a computer outside of your school or would you be limited solely to the time you have free during the school day?

Either way, I enjoyed what little there was. The premise seemed good and minus some personal nit-picking with the writing, that wasn't too bad either! I would be interested in seeing this get off the ground.
Hi! Thank you so much! QwQ Lol, I was really worried I wouldn't be able to portray this story I randomly thought of accurately, but the comments are kind <3 Thank you <3

Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't make that clear. Our school has laptops we take home .w. So I have the laptop all day <3 Except of course in the summer, when I use my parents' or aunt's laptops, but they won't let me use those during the school year, so that's why I'm stuck with this. =w=~ I hope that explains a bit better!

Thank you for enjoying my story ^^ I think I would like to flesh something like this out more one day~ I think I can make longer and even better stories when I have time to think them over and everything... .w.; Also, I saw your 'Memories of Summer Winds' WiP and I really liked the idea a lot <3 Can't wait for it to be completed!
Haven't made any development blogs yet, so to keep this colorful, here's my Puricute account! <3333 (That I sadly can't update very often... T^T)

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#4 Post by rock_an9el »

Hi! If I understand correctly, you would like to make games like Katawa Shujo, right? I'm asking because I'm a bit interested in the offer, but I have apsolutely no experience in writing or drawing that kind of style ^^; But I can try :) It's always fun to try new things!
Image Image Image

LucRSV

#5 Post by LucRSV »

I'm able to do some ren'py stuff and some writing, if you want. I'm not sure how helpful I'll be but I'd really like to make a VN as well. Katawa Shoujo is still my favorite VN, not even Clannad can compare. Anyways, I've been working on my Ren'Py lately and I've also been trying to see if it's possible to make browser-based VNs a reality (it's a slow work in progress, I'm not too good at javascript, but getting better every day). As far as drawing and music go I'm useless though. I have a twitch, so I can't draw reliably, and I'm partially tone-deaf XD. However, I'm not bad at bouncing ideas back and forth and shaping things into a fully fledged story/character/route, what have you. I also have a lot of free time this semester since I only have one class :/

The promo VN you made is pretty good. I'd be amazed with myself if I managed to write a story like that. I'm much more... hmm... blunt? with my writing. But then everyone has different styles, dont they?

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#6 Post by desulishor »

I'm currently in the process of finishing one game, that could be considered a nakige, and that's definitely the type of games I want to do, so count me in. (http://www.indiedb.com/games/project-dualis) I'm mainly and a writer/leader/coder -type of a person, (but I also have some experience in drawing, it's a skill that i wish to develop one of these days.)

PM me back if you're interested with trying to develop, well, something with me in the team.

Rinrinnya
Regular

#7 Post by Rinrinnya »

Hi everyone!!! I'd really like to make a team, but now I have two visual novel projects I'm working on with people that asked me to work with them...Right after making this post lol~ I really want to make a team when I'm settled down and focused. ^^ So I'll get back to all of you when I finish these projects. Thanks bunches!