Summer 2013 Anime

For the rest of your otaku life.
suikojay
Regular

Summer 2013 Anime

#1 Post by suikojay »

Well, we are 1 or a couple or so eps into this new summer season, so lemme know which shows u guys are excited about, as well as any favorite OP or ED themes that u have for this summer!

If u haven't checked which shows are out yet, here are some anime charts that list most of the summer titles w/descriptions:

http://i1.minus.com/i4dVuhKBp4dKg.jpg
http://anichart.net/summer
http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... mer-v2.jpg

For myself, these are the ones I'm anticipating the most now (in order):

TWGOK Goddesses Arc - I'm just really lovin' this show! Currently hoping for Haqua and Keima pairing.
Rozen Maiden 2013 - After the 2nd ep, the storyline has just gotten quite interesting!
Attack on Titan - Just awesome and intense! So many cliffhangars in this series, too, it's ridiculous! Also, that new OP & ED sequence (in ep 14)! Ugh! I thought the originals were better, lol!
Sunday w/out God - After this 2nd ep, I'm really starting to get into the storyline; has a really beautiful ED song too!
Watamote - Pretty decent, but it really seems like they want us to really feel sorry for Tomoko. On another note, she and her brother really need to get some sleep, lol. They both look severely sleep deprived! xP
Fate/Kaleid Liner - 1st ep was alright; has a nice OP song, though! I am also looking forward to seeing Saber Alter as well, lol.
Silver Spoon - So where does the egg come from? xP If u saw the 1st ep, u know what I mean, lol.
Yami Shibai: Japanese Ghost Stories - 1st ep wasn't too creepy for me, but it did have one 1 major
"AHH!" when that lady appeared from out of nowhere like a ninja!! lol
Last edited by suikojay on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Summer 2013 Anime

#2 Post by LVUER »

Haven't read other than the series, but the one I'm interested in is:
TWGOK, Fate, and Attack on Titan (pretty much the same reason as OP). I've read the manga of Fate (and the rest) and they are good.
Rozen Maiden: I love the original one, so I'm interested on this one too.
Symphogear: I also love the first season, so I've been waiting for the second season.

Though I won't be watching any of them anytime soon. I have a habit of waiting for all the BD for season worth of an anime released before watching any of them... and then I'll pull an all-nighter finishing all of them in one go.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

suikojay
Regular

#3 Post by suikojay »

LVUER wrote: Rozen Maiden: I love the original one, so I'm interested on this one too.
Not sure if u know, but just in case (and so everyone else knows), the original 2 anime seasons of RM (Rozen Maiden) are actually non-canonical to this new series (they were their own original story in fact). The 1st ep, actually, of this new RM is a recap of the 1st manga series (all 8 volumes!!! <-- that's nuts I know). The 2nd ep is where it starts the 2nd series of the manga (the alternate universe where Jun never had Shinku as a kid), and where it really starts to get interesting (at least for me it did)!!

These episodes just can't come soon enough, lol! xD
Last edited by suikojay on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

suikojay wrote:
LVUER wrote: Rozen Maiden: I love the original one, so I'm interested on this one too.
Not sure if u know, but just in case (and so everyone else knows), the original 2 anime seasons of RM (Rozen Maiden) are actually non-canonical to this new series (they were their own original story in fact). The 1st ep, actually, of this new RM is a recap of the 1st manga series (all 8 volumes!!! <-- that's nuts I know). The 2nd ep is where it starts the 2nd series (alternate retelling of the 1st manga series) of the manga, and where it really starts to get interesting (at least for me it did)!!

These episodes just can't come soon enough, lol! xD
Yep. I haven't read any review or trailer but I already have the feeling that this new Rozen Maiden is a reboot of RM series. The title that just "Rozen Maiden 2013" kinda tells us that this is a brand new Rozen Maiden.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#5 Post by MaiMai »

I'm keeping an eye on Rozen Maiden since I like that they're using the manga's art style which I find much nicer than the original anime series (first ep was bad though).

I'm also watching Dangan Ronpa and Silver Spoon. If you're not watching the latter, what is wrong with you.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

suikojay
Regular

#6 Post by suikojay »

MaiMai wrote:I'm keeping an eye on Rozen Maiden since I like that they're using the manga's art style which I find much nicer than the original anime series (first ep was bad though).

I'm also watching Dangan Ronpa and Silver Spoon. If you're not watching the latter, what is wrong with you.
I had thought about Dangan Ronpa myself, but I figure I'll wait till it finishes and see what others say about it.

And yeah, the 1st ep of the new RM wasn't quite the best (though I was fine with it); not sure how one can really recap a whole manga series in 1 anime episode, it would have been nice if they could have just animated the whole 1st manga series, but I think that would have taken around 24 eps or so, and perhaps they didn't have the budget for it? I honestly don't know.
LVUER wrote: Yep. I haven't read any review or trailer but I already have the feeling that this new Rozen Maiden is a reboot of RM series. The title that just "Rozen Maiden 2013" kinda tells us that this is a brand new Rozen Maiden.
Well, I'd be hesitant to call it a reboot (or at least a full-blown reboot); Also, I believe the actual title for this new RM is: Rozen Maiden – Zurückspulen and "Zurückspulen" is German for "Rewind". When u think about what they are doing, recapping the entire 1st manga series into the 1st ep, it's actually extremely confusing for the anime-only watchers like myself, and even for newcomers (since everything is so fast-paced in that 1st ep). You'd have to sit down and read the 1st manga series to actually understand what just happened in that ep. Believe me, I was a bit confused as to what was going on (but I got the gist of it - that things basically got bad due to the 7th doll), although, I didn't even know who that 7th doll (Kirakishou) was that appeared in the 1st ep, lol! And as someone that has never read the manga for this, the 7th doll, to me, was always Barasuishou. So that threw me for a loop when another doll, whom I've never heard of, was claiming to be the 7th doll.

I think the best way to refer to this new RM series, is to call it an alternate reality show since it's going to deal with alternate universes. I think CR's (Crunchyroll's) synopsis explains it best: Jun Sakurada, a middle school shut-in receives a single letter. “Yes or No” When Jun chose “yes” he met Shinku, but if Jun chose “no”, he would’ve gone on to college without ever meeting Shinku. Those two worlds were never meant to cross, but now they have connected!! <-- That last sentence there is key, so we're gonna deal with younger original Jun from the 1st manga series, and this older Jun from another alternate universe (that never had Shinku as a kid)! So while this new RM series may start off as kind of like a reboot, it actually kinda connects to the original manga storyline!

Anyway, just 1 more day till the 3rd ep comes out! I'll be one of the few nutcases that will be up at 1am on Friday when the new simulcast ep comes out on CR, lol! Can't wait!!
Last edited by suikojay on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#7 Post by latte »

MaiMai wrote:If you're not watching the latter, what is wrong with you.
I couldn't go past the chicken so sorry I'm never opening that thing again

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#8 Post by MaiMai »

latte wrote:
MaiMai wrote:If you're not watching the latter, what is wrong with you.
I couldn't go past the chicken so sorry I'm never opening that thing again
Okay, that part is understandable and I will not underestimate people who get squeamish easily. But this is a series by Hiromu Arakawa who is most known for Fullmetal Alchemist and a lot of what goes on in Silver Spoon is based on her experiences with farming in Hokkaido. She knows her stuff.

And if anything your reaction would only make me encourage people more to watch the anime or read the manga since I think it's better to know the series inside and out and make your own opinion about the subject the creator is presenting through these characters and their experiences even if stuff like chopping off the head of chickens is uncomfortable for you! Silver Spoon does not shy away from its own characters reacting to how the gross part of agriculture works. But hey, food's gotta come from somewhere! (But if animal butchering is in any way a trigger and not just a normal squeamish reaction don't watch it for your own health/beliefs/whatever.)

Sorry, I got too wordy, but I honestly think this is an important series that is not only interesting concerning farming, but it's definitely your old classic teenage struggle story of self-worth and perseverance.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

dobod
Projects: 1 day with Yuria, SPKB
Organization: Gamabunta

#9 Post by dobod »

For this summer :
Attack on Titan, TWGOK : Continuing the previous season. It'll feel bad if leave it hanging .. lol
Stella Jogakuin C3 : It's about Airsoftgun club, interesting and reming me of Girls und Panzer..
Love Lab : I don't know, just.. lol XD
Sunday w/out god : The story is interesting and i need some more episode for review..
Danganronpa : I love the graphic and the story is interesting enough.
Watamote : the story is interesting but ... yeah.. i'll place it under review.. lol

Kimi no iru machi, Silver Spoon, Gatchaman Crowds : still under review, if it's not fulfilling my certain expectation i'll drop it.

Armee
Veteran

#10 Post by Armee »

Karneval....
and end. I don't watch much Anime in the summer, I prefer crime investigate series on the television more.

suikojay
Regular

#11 Post by suikojay »

Armee wrote:Karneval....
and end.
Karneval was a Spring anime, lol. I had heard from others, too, that it wasn't very good. What do u think about it?

Armee
Veteran

#12 Post by Armee »

I have the feeling that Karneval's original owner is a fangirl, too many hint of yaoi, complex plot. In the end... I stop watch anime after that. I'm only watch several animes, if I remember correctly, it's Naruto, Dragon Ball, KHR, K Project, Gintama, Mirai Nikki, PSYCHO-PASS, and the list go on.
I think I saw Brother Conflict. I hate that... So that's a no-go. But I think I will watch Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou. Anyone plan to watch Free! ? Is it Fujoshi? Rozen Maiden deserve a shot too. I didn't really TWGOK is going to have S3, I love that manga/anime. There is a spin-off of Fate/Stay Night but it doesn't peak my interest.
But in the end, I will watch Watamote!, sound like female version of God Keima.

suikojay
Regular

#13 Post by suikojay »

Armee wrote:Anyone plan to watch Free! ? Is it Fujoshi? Rozen Maiden deserve a shot too. I didn't really TWGOK is going to have S3, I love that manga/anime. There is a spin-off of Fate/Stay Night but it doesn't peak my interest.
But in the end, I will watch Watamote!, sound like female version of God Keima.
Yeah, Free! is pretty popular right now, but I'm not watching it though, lol. And no, it's not a yaoi anime (at least that's what I've heard from others).

The new Rozen Maiden seems pretty suspenseful so far (I'm 3 eps into it now).

In Watamote!, the MC girl, Tomoko, seems to try too hard to be popular. It almost seems like the creator of this anime really wants us to feel bad for her, lol, to the point of cringing. I know I've cringed a lot during these 3 eps, lol. A lot of people are lovin' this show, though.

But guys, I do have to mention Sunday W/out God seems to have a lot of promise to be something big! Well, at least so far, and this 3rd ep... if u saw it, u probably know what I mean! It was just... beautiful... it was like the best single episode of any series this season.

Armee
Veteran

#14 Post by Armee »

Free! Watched it~ It's shounen but the series is getting gay-er and gay-er.
I like Attack On Titans though, it's really interesting.

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

#15 Post by myapple »

The premise was kind of dumb.... but I watched the first 3 episodes of Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, and I must say I actually quite like it.

Lots of vaguely shounen-ai fanservice (think Kuroshitsuji).