Sources for free sound effects

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

Sources for free sound effects

#1 Post by Mad_Scientist »

I've looked around this board some, and noticed threads for sprites, music, backgrounds, text boxes, and UIs... but not a single thread for sound effects. Does everyone aside from me just automatically know where to get those?

Well, assuming that's not the case, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for posting good sources for free sound effects we can all use.

So far, I've found http://www.freesound.org/ which seems like a nice source. You have to register for a free account to download, but it seems to have a decent selection, and the best thing is every single sound effect has a specific license listed.(Usually public domain/CC-0 or CC-BY). This is a big plus for me, as some sites that provide free resources provide a vague license that occasionally has me wondering whether I can use them along with a CC-BY-SA resource or whatever, so it's nice to have definite terms.

I'll add more useful sites as I find them, and hope others will do the same.
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

Re: Sources for free sound effects

#2 Post by ShippoK »

Here are some free sound effect sites:
Soundjay - Easy to download but limited
Soundbible - Decent but aged Sound effects

This site here is great but you have to pay for the sound effects:
Soundsnap - Loads of sound effects but high pricing.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'