Visual Novels on Android OS?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Visual Novels on Android OS?

#1 Post by noeinan »

Hey, guys,

I'm looking for visual novels to play on my phone, since recently I have needed to entertain myself without access to my computer...

So far, I have played and liked Ninja Love and My Sweet Prince. Also checked out other games by that company, though not sure if I like them as much... I tried to play some Voltage games: Be My Princess, Office Secretary, Love Letter, 10 Days with a Devil, A Knight's Devotion, and My Forged Wedding. I'm not as impressed by these in general, but I think that's more because of the protagonist? Since I got a really generic impression from her I wasn't as stoked to spend money on that company.

Anywho, that's about all I could find, so I wanted to check with you all to see if anyone knew of anything else I could get my hands on. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Visual Novels on Android OS?

#2 Post by Googaboga »

East Tower, CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~, dUpLicity~Beyond the Lies, The Seal of Lycoris, London Detective Story, MyBoy Haruki/Presi/Kenta. Those are VNs that aren't made by the same people who made those other games you've tried. I don't have an Android myself so I've haven't played most of these but you could still check them out ^^;.

Also there are quite a few Winter Wolves games available for Android if you haven't already played them on your computer.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lves&hl=en
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Armee
Veteran

#3 Post by Armee »

Don't forget Shall We Date series by Solmare. I haven't try those because many of them are only on Android for now. But hey, it's not hurt to try since the art is beautiful. I don't know much about the plot and the heroine

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#4 Post by Anne »

Try checking English otome games list?
Apart from Voltage and Solmare games I've played London Detective Story and this one (it's in English), wouldn't recommend.
Unexpectedly I liked Heian Love the most from Shall we dates
The MC from White Lies is not so generic and the game is pretty fun altogether

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#6 Post by noeinan »

Googaboga wrote:East Tower, ...

Also there are quite a few Winter Wolves games available for Android if you haven't already played them on your computer.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lves&hl=en
Thanks for the list, I'll check them out! I'm actually a big fan of Winter Wolves and have all their games. :D

Armee wrote:Don't forget Shall We Date series by Solmare. I haven't try those because many of them are only on Android for now. But hey, it's not hurt to try since the art is beautiful. I don't know much about the plot and the heroine
Ah, the Shall We Date series is one of the ones that I listed above. Both Ninja Love and My Sweet Prince are a part of that series. I agree, the art is gorgeous-- I even had to look up a manga drawn by the game artist so I could read it. :) I liked how there were some routes where the heroine was kind of badass, and not completely useless like most otome heroines are...
Anne wrote:Try checking English otome games list?
...r
Awesome, thanks! I hadn't seen that list before, and there are even little symbols so I can tell what systems they run on. I may check out White Lies, since the MC isn't generic.
Applegate wrote:I'll shamelessly self-plug.
That's totally fine! Shamelessly self plug-- in fact I would love to see all the games made by lemmasoft goers on Android! :D

Near

#7 Post by Near »

On Google Play you can find Nanolife (Awesome game :D), Narcissu, Days of the Divine, Wintertale (Short story about new year), Sleepless Night (pretty short but cool horror game :)), a2 ~ a due~, and much more. I suggest you to search "visual novel" in Google Play search. There are plenty of them :)!

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#8 Post by qirien »

I reviewed a few of the ones Near mentioned here: http://thepretentiousgamer.blogspot.com ... ovels.html - they are all free and great quality. Time Labyrinth is another fun one.

Also, two of my visual novels, Our Personal Space and WANTED: Dragon are available in the Google Play store. The first is a marriage sim on an alien planet, and the second is an otome where you are an evil princess.
Finished games: