Wings II

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Wings II

#1 Post by lordcloudx »

Dafool should recognize this one. I'm making an official project thread for this game and hoping that going public might inspire a certain co-artist to get moving! :twisted: jk. (seriously pre, we've been at this for about two years now)

A few Screenshots of the latest version.

Attachments
screen1.JPG
mainmenu.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Wings II

#2 Post by monele »

Why the mix of styles? *curious*

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

Ooo... Looks interesting.

What's it gonna be about? ^_^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

monele: to answer your question, that's because it's drawn by two different artists. Two pics by me and the other pic by you-know-who (ね?) and because the story is something like this.

Samu-kun: This synopsis is for you too.

And yes, I know that this is not the type of story that will appeal to everyone. It's very short and relies heavily on ambiance.
Synopsis: This is a short-story narrated by an unnamed protagonist, a mysterious journalist who wanders about a fictional town called Pairizia in search of information about a girl who died four years ago named Eri. The story uses mini-stories written by the unnamed hero which subtly reveal tiny details about the true identity of the main character and Eri. Since the hero is a journalist, this story also uses interviews from the point of view of people who had known Eri in Pairizia to reveal more about her personality in contrast to the protagonist’s vision in the mini-stories. The reader will find that all the characters apart from "the fairy" are searching for the meaning of their own in existence in different ways. This searching is the main theme of the story. The climax unfolds when Eri finally meets the protagonist in an encounter which could be interpreted as a part of a dream, or perhaps an actual event which happened in reality. Though left open-ended, the identity of the protagonist can only be revealed at the end of the story and there is only one true interpretation which depends largely on the audience being able to read or hear the words not spoken/written.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#5 Post by mugenjohncel »

lordcloudx wrote:...a certain co-artist to get moving!
PFFTT!... (Coffee flings in all directions) I guess that would be me...

Yup, I'm on it...

...and I just finished this today.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by lordcloudx »

whoo! Excellent coloring.

Hmm... looks like I'll need to redo the opening and ending scenes of Eri to fit in with the rest of the game too.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

Have another screenshot.
Attachments
screeny.png

M12
Veteran

#8 Post by M12 »

Wow your works are looking more and more professional. Can't wait to play the game =D.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

On mugen's request:

Where's the frickin Seryisia arc!? :twisted:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#10 Post by mugenjohncel »

lordcloudx wrote:Where's the frickin Seryisia arc!? :twisted:
WAAAAAHH!!!... I'm working on it...
(Must resist temptation to post "new art"...)

"POOF" (Dissapears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#11 Post by mugenjohncel »

"POOF" (*Cough* Dissapears)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#12 Post by Samu-kun »

Awr. She's very cute. ^_^^_^

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#13 Post by bloodywyvern »

That's very cute, and the style of everything seems very interesting. I'll look forward to seeing more ^^. Though it may be a little inconsistent mixing art styles, I'm not sure if your preparing for that or if it's on purpose...
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by lordcloudx »

yo! "poof guy", here's an update anytime you're able to read this. Hime has agreed to voice the main protagonist in Japanese.

Anywayz, I need someone who can translate a few English lines into Japanese romaji for voice-acting purposes. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how accurate I can translate with my beginner's Japanese skills.

So, any volunteers? It's just a few select lines.

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#15 Post by Sakurazaki »

Well I can try. My english isn't very good. (I'm JP) Also if you need any more JP voice actors I'd love to try out :3
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image