Strange error from RenPy

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.

Strange error from RenPy

#1 Post by Guest »

I really don't understand the problem here. It started when I patched 6.4.0 with the files from the "Known Issues" section of the RenPy homepage, but even after reverting back to the standard files from the release zip, the problem lingers.

Here is the error it throws:

Code: Select all

ScriptError: Name ('D:\\Downloads\\renpy-6.4.0\\test/game/credits.rpy', 1198644292, 0) is defined twice: at D:\Downloads\renpy-6.4.0\test/game/credits.rpy:4 and D:\Downloads\renpy-6.4.0\test/game/credits.rpy:4.
and here is line 4:

Code: Select all

init:
This worked fine before, I don't get it.

Also, unrelatedly, I am having trouble archiving the game. Which files should I archive, and which should I leave available? I have tried many combos (rpyc, rpy, ect) and the only way the Windows version runs is if I leave my source unprotected. Otherwise I get a not-so-helpful crash message saying "Runtime Error" from Microsoft C++ 2005 Redistributable.

zefie

Re: Strange error from RenPy

#2 Post by zefie »

Okay, nevermind about the error, I realized my data.rpa was still there. Doh.
But still trying to figure out how to pack a working game without revealing my source :)

Also figured this out, seems it crashes because I packed the TTF font files, if I dont archive the TTF files it runs fine. Sorry about the useless thread >.>