Princess's Pet[SL][GxB][GxG][Non-comercial](DEMO'S OUT!!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tokya2502
Regular
Completed: Princesses's Maid
Projects: Princess's pet, PUGATE
Organization: Toki Production
Tumblr: toki-aah
Deviantart: tokya2502

Princess's Pet[SL][GxB][GxG][Non-comercial](DEMO'S OUT!!)

#1 Post by tokya2502 »

UPDATE (3/16/2015)!!!!! THE SECOND DEMO'S OUT!!!
Here's the download links
Win
Linux
mac
Please play and tell me what you think? Which character is your favorite and what you're looking forward to in the FULL game.
THANK YOU~
Also, here is Princess's pet official tumblr page

----------------------------------------

Hello everybody! I want to do a Renpy game for a really long time, I have a lot of ideas but my works seem to never progress outside of sprite making. Well I decided to actually finish something for the day I turn 20 - a gift to myself so here it is: Princess's pet in all its glory.
But that's just the story of how I start making this game. The truth is, because I was busy (and lazy), I wasn't able to finish it on time and could only launch a rushed version of the demo on my birthday (which was the 25th last month) on tumblr.
That said, I'm still on my way to actually finish making it.
The MC is a happy go lucky girl who loves dogs. Will she find love some day?
It’s a silly little otome game, with 3 het route, 1 yuri route and a secret route. The idea is there’s no bad answer. Sometimes, you’ll have to choose the seemingly bad answers to unlock the special endings. But don't get it wrong, you don't have to choose any particular bad answer because this game doesn't use the flag system for that. To put it more simple, there's a hidden meter which measures your mean/evil level (I just put it that way, doesn't necessarily mean the MC is evil). You're too mean to the love interest then you don't have enough love points for the endings, you're not mean enough then bye bye that other ending. there'll be 2 edings for each route. What you consider the better ending entirely depends on you though, if you don't want the endings where you'll be spoiled like a princess by the guys/girl because you're not into that, that's okay 0v0 (hahahahhaha). I won't make the special endings too hard to obtain though, don't worry.

MC [Default: Himeko Yukimura]: The MC is a happy go lucky girl. She loves dogs, drawing and flirting a little too much.

Naoto Fujiwara: He's the MC's childhood friend. They take care of eachother ever since they were little. He's a little reserved and he's not very talkative toward stranger.

Sho Ikki: An acquaintance of the MC from her art club. He loves flirting aroundwith MC a lot but never seems to be able to get the upperhand. He's a senior and he's having trouble with choosing his career path (he doesn't have anything he wants to do)

Akane Yamamoto: A girl who sits next to the MC in class, the vice president of the student council. She's serious about everything she does and she really hates her little brother, Aoi.

Aoi Yamamoto: An underclassman from the MC's art club. He's blunt and has a short temper. He doesn't get along well with his older sister, Akane.
What the full game will have:
- The ability to choose the MC's name (How cool is that?)
- CG Gallery (Seperate Gallery entry for each character. Believe me I spent god know how much time on this)
- ADV (Special Event told from the POV of the guys and the girl_nvl style, unlocked after you've chose some certain options_yeah this one uses the flag function so you'd better save a lot). It'll be accessible via the Extra section on the main menu. It won't have any effect on your actual gameplay. These little stories will help you understand the feeling of that person at that moment better.
- Secret character route (Unlocked under certain circumstances, uses both the hidden metter and flag function and another mystery function)
- 10 endings (2 for each)

The demo will have:
- 25% of the full game
- 2 CG event for each character (1 for the secret character)
- Secret character route (First meeting)
- 2 ADV event. 1 for Naoto and one for Sho.
- GUI and music for the full game.
- Illustrations for the ending you will get if you keep playing that way.
Config screen

CG Gallery Sceen (Seperate gallery for each Character)

Screenshots of gameplay

Example of CG:
Credit:
-Art, story, program: Me a.k.a toki (Check out my tumblr and my devianart page)
Music: Credit to syncopika from GreenbearMusic under Creative Common 4.0
- Sound effect: Soundjay

WARNING:
- SOUND EFFECTs MAY CAUSE STARTLE SO YOU SHOULD LOWER IT DOWN FIRST BEFORE PLAYING.
- Silly story
- Sucky background because I don't want to use filtered photograph and I fail hard at backgrounding

PROGRESS:
- GUI: 100%
- Sprites: 100%
- Story: 50%
- CG: 25%

Thank you for reaching this far. It's my first game ever though so feedback will be very appreciated hahahahahaha
I will probably want to ask questions like which is your favorite character and what more do you want to see in his/her route once the FULL demo's up (But I'd love to hear your opinions if you have finished the rushed demo too~).
Hopefully I'll be able to finish making this game.
Thanks for reading~~
Extra: Sketch of MC being a cutie
Attachments
h1.jpg
Last edited by tokya2502 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check my itch.io page out!

GrizelyBear
Regular

Re: Princess's Pet[Romance][SL][GxB][GxG][Non-comercial]

#2 Post by GrizelyBear »

Uwah, the art is so freaking adorable! asdfghjkl

I will be looking forward to this VN! Good luck on your work <3

tokya2502
Regular

#3 Post by tokya2502 »

Aww thank you so much!!! I'm pushing myself with the Full demo. Hopefully it'll be out in 2 weeks

GrizelyBear
Regular

#4 Post by GrizelyBear »

I'll definitely try out the demo once it's out and give you feedback! :D

CatyCats
Regular

#5 Post by CatyCats »

Looks interesting, it is interesting, played the short demo and I liked it. CG are very good and the choices are really character-developping. You have a new stalker, congratulations! (not in a creepy way!)

tokya2502
Regular

#6 Post by tokya2502 »

CatyCats wrote:Looks interesting, it is interesting, played the short demo and I liked it. CG are very good and the choices are really character-developping. You have a new stalker, congratulations! (not in a creepy way!)
I'm so happy I've finally got a (not in a creepy way) stalker!! Yay!

tokya2502
Regular

Re: Princess's Pet[SL][GxB][GxG][Non-comercial](DEMO'S OUT!!

#7 Post by tokya2502 »

UPDATE (3/16/2015)!!!!! THE SECOND DEMO'S OUT!!!
Here's the download links
Win
Linux
mac
Please play and tell me what you think? Which character is your favorite and what you're looking forward to in the FULL game.
THANK YOU~
Also, here is Princess's pet official tumblr page

Sorry it took me a while I've been busy but it's finally here!!

blusterblue

#8 Post by blusterblue »

I've downloaded the demo. I played the first demo a while back and really liked Naoto the best (I have somewhat of a bias for childhood friend characters lol), but I'll come back and review when I finish the demo! I find your art style adorable, and look forward to playing it.

tokya2502
Regular

#9 Post by tokya2502 »

Thank you! I'm really happy to hear this! Please tell me which ending you unlock on your first playthrough too :D

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#10 Post by neuropsy »

I played the demo, and I could sum it up in one word: adorable.

I found the narrative very dynamic, with the abundance of CG's and all. You have such a soft, welcoming art style that's very pleasing to the eyes. I honestly thought the backgrounds had a very soothing style that matched well with the sprites, so no, you are not sucky at backgrounds! The GUI is simple and effective, so props for that, too.

The story was light, easy, and fun. I loved all the characters; in fact, you had me creepily whispering "OTP" under my breath throughout certain scenes. Himeko is hilarious (imma just undress right here right now, bro), and in relation to her bride, I'm really fond of friendships where the friends come off as husband and wife.
20, though? :o Why so young for engagement? Unless it's something cultural I'm unaware of! This isn't bad on your part, I'm just curious!
I normally don't like ice queen type characters, but somehow I found myself pursuing Akane anyway. Behind her seriousness and maturity is a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, dork, huh?
I bust out laughing at like 2:00 AM at her hardcore yaoi manga. I expected her to be reading some typical shoujo romance, but evidently I am wrong.
The first ending I got was the neutral one, since I wasn't really aiming for anybody. My second ending was with Akane, and then with the bride.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game, and definitely look forward to playing the full release. I followed your blog on my (currently desolate but soon to be filled) WIP blog on Tumblr, and will be promoting it. :)

The only critique I have is that I noticed some minor grammatical errors, but nothing that significantly detracts from the story. I'll be happy to proofread your writing for free, if you'd like.

Also, random thoughts:

1. Akane reminds me a lot of Mitsuru Kirijo from the Persona series.
2. I named the MC after my best friend, and will be spamming her with funny screenshots of "herself" in the game tomorrow.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

tokya2502
Regular

#11 Post by tokya2502 »

@neurospy
Thank you for your comment! I'm really happy to hear your thoughts about the game! Work's still going smoothly and I want to deliver the full game as fast as possible!! Also, thank you for the promotion! I'll promote your game on my WIP blog as well when you release your demo/full game~
As for Akane, she's not much an ice queen but more of a tusndere and you're right, she's a massive dork underneath, there'll be a lot more dorky moments with Akane in the full game hahahaha (I have to agree she's a little similar to Mitsuru but she doesn't have the authority as well as dominant aura like her)
About the proofreading, yes! I'm in dire need of proofreader since English is not my native language and there'll be a lot of mistakes and awkward wording. I'll send you a message to discuss about it!!!

nosoclever

#12 Post by nosoclever »

i Decided to try the demo because i see you are working in this by your own and i think that is something very exhausting to do, so wanted to give my support to you!
I played the demo and the first ending i got was Naoto, Then i tried to go for Sho but failed and got normal one.
It was a cute demo! cute art and cute story! ^_^
i was surprised on how good the personality of the Mc was. i thought she was going to be generic, but she is adorable, I can see why the guys like her!
I'll try to get Sho later when i have time again.
warning bad english :v

lyss

#13 Post by lyss »

I played the demo and it was really fun! The writing is easy to follow so I never felt lost, and your art is really cute. I thought the backgrounds actually fit with the atmosphere of your art, and it takes a loooooot of work to do backgrounds, so props for making your own!

I think my favorite is a tie between the Yamamoto siblings, and Akane's end was the first I got. I love grumpy cat characters. Aoi's hair is so fluffy-looking like a dog's it makes me want to pet it, haha. Himeko actually reminds me a lot of myself since I'm obsessed in love with dogs, and dogs were the only thing I drew when I was younger.

I wish you good luck with finishing this game - I'll definitely play the full version when it comes out! If you ever want/need a second proofreader, I'm also happy to help :)

tokya2502
Regular

#14 Post by tokya2502 »

@nosoclever
Oh my god thank you for the comment! You really made my day!!! About your fail attempt on Sho, don't overwrite the save yet, there'll be some surprise in store for you

@lyss
Thank you for your comment. I'm really happy to hear your opinion about Princess's pet. Yeah I'm having problem with background because it took me so long to actually finish one. But I guess they turn out okay in people's eyes in the end so all is good hahaha. And who's not obsessed with dog? They're the cutest creature in this world!!!!!!
I'll deffinately PM you if I need a second proofreader!!! I really really appreciate your help!! Thank you so much!!