Lunchtime at St. Expeditus (short, slice-of-life, GxB/BxG)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aetheria
Regular

Lunchtime at St. Expeditus (short, slice-of-life, GxB/BxG)

#1 Post by Aetheria »

A tiny free online VN I made last year for the Choice of Games forums. All the images and music came from the Creative Commons board on this site, so I figured I ought to post it here. :)

Special thanks to SilverHyena whose sprites made this game possible!
Last edited by Aetheria on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

Re: Lunchtime at St. Expeditus (short, slice-of-life, GxB/Bx

#2 Post by Catlip Candy »

Even though it's a very short Visual Novel, I like it all in all! I like how the time for the characters is so realistic, and how the mission for one character depends on the other. I was forced to take down notes for each other's wants. I just wished that I could save and load, or scroll up to read the text again, since whenever I clicked too much, I had no choice but to click restart. About the music, I never knew that you should click the "play" button first to hear the background music... :lol: I'm a little bit stupid :XD So I played it through without hearing music... But hey! It didn't affect the game experience. I like it still~

Just a question, how do you know if you got the good ending from the normal ending? Is it like if you did all missions, it's a good ending for you, or if you missed even one, then it's a normal ending?
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

Aetheria
Regular

Re: Lunchtime at St. Expeditus (short, slice-of-life, GxB/Bx

#3 Post by Aetheria »

Fake Existence wrote:Even though it's a very short Visual Novel, I like it all in all! I like how the time for the characters is so realistic, and how the mission for one character depends on the other. I was forced to take down notes for each other's wants. I just wished that I could save and load, or scroll up to read the text again, since whenever I clicked too much, I had no choice but to click restart. About the music, I never knew that you should click the "play" button first to hear the background music... :lol: I'm a little bit stupid :XD So I played it through without hearing music... But hey! It didn't affect the game experience. I like it still~

Just a question, how do you know if you got the good ending from the normal ending? Is it like if you did all missions, it's a good ending for you, or if you missed even one, then it's a normal ending?
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you had fun with it :)

Since I built the game on top of the ChoiceScript game engine, which is actually designed for text games, it doesn't have some of the nice features of Ren'py like scrollback and saving. I tried to scrollback a ton of times while I was testing my own game and got disappointed every time...

The ending does vary depending on how many missions you finished, but it's not a huge difference; you'll just see a little scene for each one you finished, and then a line that tells you how well you did. If you get them all, you just get more congratulations. ^_^