Artist needs Programmer for zombie game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hentaicook

Artist needs Programmer for zombie game

#1 Post by hentaicook »

First off, let me state that me and my friend made the successful game Aching Dreams. You can find that here... http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/427801 Just wanted to say that so you know I stick around on projects, so I'm reliable/dependable.

I am looking for a programmer to program the game's code, and levels. The game is a Resident Evil zombie time management game. It's very simple, but I don't know how to express variables well enough so I need a programmer to help out. Here's the game design document...

You have to survive a nightly onslaught of zombies for 5 weeks of seven days each. Each day consists of 10 hours, 6 of these hours are spent in preparation, 4 of these in attack phase.

During preparation you can...
Forage herbs (+5) and Gather Intelligence (tells you what type of zombies are coming)
Create Anti-Air rounds (5)
Create hollow point rounds(5)
Create Armor Piercing rounds(5)
Create Grenade rounds(2 rounds that shoot 1 antiair+1hollow+1armor all at the same time)
Find survivors (25% chance)
Use herbs (-1 herb and completely heals any knocked out survivors)
Train zombie dodging skills
Train accuracy

During combat you can
Fire Anti Air/Hollow Point/Armor Pierce/Grenade rounds
Knife= 50% accuracy on any type of zombie
Fire accurately= Each survivor shoots 1 clip, dependant on accuracy
Fire wildly= Each survivor shoots 2 clips dependant on accuracy, except -15%
Use herb and fire= Survivors (not knocked out) shoot 1 clip at -30% accuracy, and then all survivors in knocked out status revert to regular status.

Combat explanation
The player has to fight against 3 types of zombies: flying, slow armored, and regular zombies. During the daytime the player gathers survivors, with a max of 10. These survivors shoot 1 clip each, and depending on their accuracy, either kills completely or doesn't kill a zombie. The regular zombies can't kill survivors, instead knocking survivors out. The flying zombies also only knock players out, but are more successful at knocking survivors. Every time the survivors shoot at the zombies, the remaining zombies that don't die get a % chance to knock the survivors down. This % is also contested by the survivor group's dodging skills. Knocked out survivors are then prone to slow armored zombies, which have always have a 100% kill percentage against knocked out survivors and 0% against standing survivors. If any slow armored zombies get through the shots the survivors make, then the knocked out survivors die.

Inbetween game explanation
The game is designed so that every week, all of the player's # of survivor/ammo/skills reset. This makes it so that there's 5 levels to the game, instead of usual dating sims having only one level and the player prone to screwing up his whole game somewhere along the line. Between levels, there's hentai scenes with Resident Evil and Metal Gear characters. Yes, it's a crossover between the two IPs, with the player being Solid Snake.

It's really just a big calculator program.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Artist needs Programmer for zombie game

#2 Post by papillon »

Are you only looking for Flash programmers? (I'm not volunteering, I'm just asking, since it makes a difference what people can be involved.)

hentaicook

#3 Post by hentaicook »

Err.. no. This is for Renpy indeedy.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#4 Post by Counter Arts »

Resident Evil Time management game? Do mean like dead rising?
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

excellentcoffee

#5 Post by excellentcoffee »

Looks like a strategy game. You build up an arsenal, then attack zombies.

hentaicook

#6 Post by hentaicook »

Yeah...it's very strategy also.

renkenjutsu
Regular

#7 Post by renkenjutsu »

Hmmm.... the first time I read this I'm reminded of ye olde XCom: Enemy Unknown game. I'm reading it as turn based but at the same time, it doesn't look like it. Cool concept though :) But I'm not sure I like using already established IP's of two famous games. This warrants original characters because it has such a good concept behind it. Just my humble opinion.
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...