Jasmine Cooper - Versatile Composer

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
M4uesviecr
Projects: None, yet!
Soundcloud: jasminecoopermusic

Jasmine Cooper - Versatile Composer

#1 Post by M4uesviecr »

Hello! My name is Jasmine Cooper, and I am dipping my toes into the world of visual novels. Rather than talk your head off, I'll let my portfolio do most of it:
I'm fairly versatile -- thoroughly enjoy writing in different styles/genres, and aim to do it as often as possible. I have 5 years of media composing experience, and I'm extremely eager to work on a challenging score in a different art medium (I've mainly written for videogames).

Looking forward to adding soul to an awesome project!

Lunarmirage

Re: Jasmine Cooper - Versatile Composer

#2 Post by Lunarmirage »

Excuse me, but do you work for free or for money/trade? And if you do, could you list your prices?

M4uesviecr

#3 Post by M4uesviecr »

Oh, it's no problem. I work for pay, and as far as prices, just shoot me a PM! I can discuss it with you there.

Tenken

#4 Post by Tenken »

As another composer, I just wanted to praise you. You have good knowledge of many of the idiosyncrasies and stylistic traits of multiple genres, and good control over of form and harmony too. Your piano works demonstrate this pretty nicely. Timbre selection in Hip-hop tracks are superb as well. Although I do think you could work on your orchestration a bit more (and also update your orchestral sound banks). If I wasn't a composer myself I'd be hiring you.

M4uesviecr

#5 Post by M4uesviecr »

Hey Tenken! I greatly appreciate your comments. As far as orchestration, I agree -- I'm trying to find more time to practice it, since it is something I really enjoy writing. As far as sound banks, I use EWQL -- when the money allows, I plan to rid myself of their stuff entirely.

Not to knock'em, but... there's a lot better stuff out there.

Also, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear your constructive criticism on my orchestral pieces! PM, man. I mean it!

M4uesviecr

#6 Post by M4uesviecr »

Currently working on Music/Sfxs for Heavenseed for the Yuri game jam.

I'm having a TON of fun! Plan on releasing the tracks via bandcamp once everything is done.

M4uesviecr

#7 Post by M4uesviecr »

Music for a game I have been composing for, Nusakana, is scheduled for release in 2 weeks! Take a gander: