Lemmasoft people in NH?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

Lemmasoft people in NH?

#1 Post by kisa »

So, I was with my mother in a RideAway building in Londonderry... And there was a computer in the waiting room that people could use while they waited for their vehicles to do whatever it is they were brought in to do.
I went on the computer to check my messages and lo and behold, the computer had been used to access lemmasoft before!

So, the point of this post is... If there are people in my area that also use Ren'Py and/or these forums, perhaps we could organize an irl meet?

The location would of course have to be a public one (No creepers meeting in dark alleys here! OAO ) The time would have to be organized according to the combined participants' schedules.

If anyone is interested... Please, contact me! I'd love to meet locals who are into some of the same stuff!

Edit: It has come to my attention that there are, in fact, other places that share names with my area...
I am referring to New Hampshire in the USA, that is all, thank you for your time.

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

Re: Lemmasoft people in NH?

#2 Post by Kate »

I'm not in the area, but I too have wondered about either getting together for game jams or whatnot at public places like the library or something with other game creators. Heck, if I ever wanted to build a team, I think I would go for local creators first just for ease of contact and being in the same time zone.. Does anyone else do that, meet with other members in person?
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

kisa
Veteran

#3 Post by kisa »

Kate wrote:Does anyone else do that, meet with other members in person?
I've been trying with one of my writers who lives pretty close. But, not in the same area.
We have yet to succeed though.
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Kate
Regular

#4 Post by Kate »

I feel like there should be a subcategory for this possibly in the general discussion... or under the game jam information. Someone should maybe ask a mod about this? There are lots of meet ups and write-ins for NaNoWriMo, so during game jams people could do "Code-in's" at the library or at a park or at Starbucks or McDonalds or something?
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Lekhaka
Regular

#5 Post by Lekhaka »

You know what you must do now; stake out that public computer and wait for the mysterious LSF forummer to make a move again.

kisa
Veteran

#6 Post by kisa »

Lekhaka wrote:You know what you must do now; stake out that public computer and wait for the mysterious LSF forummer to make a move again.
*goes to "like" the reply, sees there is no "like" button*
You have my blessing to continue speaking you amazing person you.

kisa
Veteran

#7 Post by kisa »

Kate wrote:I feel like there should be a subcategory for this possibly in the general discussion... or under the game jam information. Someone should maybe ask a mod about this? There are lots of meet ups and write-ins for NaNoWriMo, so during game jams people could do "Code-in's" at the library or at a park or at Starbucks or McDonalds or something?
That seems like a really good idea.
But, I guess most people prefer to keep their online people online and don't want to bring online interaction into the real world with people they haven't known very long...

Kate
Regular

#8 Post by Kate »

True. It should always be an option, not a requirement. I get that some people are very shy (or are very far away in foreign countries!) Still, there might be some who want to go there. (Uh-oh, I didn't get the blessing to keep speaking! :P )
Current Project:

kisa
Veteran

#9 Post by kisa »

Kate wrote:True. It should always be an option, not a requirement. I get that some people are very shy (or are very far away in foreign countries!) Still, there might be some who want to go there. (Uh-oh, I didn't get the blessing to keep speaking! :P )
(Oh no! I guess that means we can't talk! Quickly now, the blessing! :P )

Yeah, shyness does factor into it a lot... I myself am pretty shy in person... But, I still wanna meet people. O^O