Appleseed flick...

For the rest of your otaku life.
Eiji
Regular

Appleseed flick...

#1 Post by Eiji »

(in the voice of Fat Albert) HEY HEY HEY!!!!

just saw that the Appleseed movie opens today... who's going to go see it?
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

darkknight
Veteran

#2 Post by darkknight »

sorry but i have no idea what you are talking about
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

Well please consider, the fact that not everyone lives in America ^^;;
There's quite a lot of films America got to see on the big screen but we didn't I think (well there's quite a lot of games too) so there's a chance we probably wouldn't get it. But I don't know much about it (if it's popular enough it will come here... maybe).
Is it CGI? It kind of looks like cel-shaded 3D in a way... unless that's just how they drew it.
Never really been interested in the Appleseed series (not sure it'd be to my taste) but the official site for it is nicely done.

Some info on the release:
http://noated.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38135

Ezzetabi
Regular

#4 Post by Ezzetabi »

It is just a feeling of mine or many USA citizien think that outside their states there is only wasteland? :roll:
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

All the reviews of it have been very negative.... and mostly too hung up on their personal opinion of the graphics techniques to even bother mentioning the plot.

Tage
Regular

#6 Post by Tage »

That makes at least two people inside the U.S.A. that have never heard of it. Of course...I live in the SOUTH, so I guess I have an excuse, lol...

darkknight
Veteran

#7 Post by darkknight »

Ezzetabi wrote:It is just a feeling of mine or many USA citizien think that outside their states there is only wasteland? :roll:
a wasteland???? na not yet anyway....maybe after a few more years of war
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

wind
Regular

heh

#8 Post by wind »

yeah almost everything out-side of america is a wasteland. bush is probably gunna nuke every country he can't spell (bye, bye, middle east)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#9 Post by chronoluminaire »

That's interesting; a friend of mine here in the UK said the graphics were incredible but the plot was frankly awful :)

Tage
Regular

#10 Post by Tage »

Yah, I just saw a poster for it online. The graphics look really nice.

And, wow, this moved from Appleseed to politics how?! lol. I'm an American that thinks most of his fellow Americans are idiots when it comes to common sense, morals, and priorities. That's as much as I'll say...I don't really want to encourage a debate on politics, lol. (They usually turn nasty quick, get threads locked, and get people "silenced"...haha)

darkknight
Veteran

#11 Post by darkknight »

I also agree that MOST americans are stupid and dont know about it or really care

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#12 Post by Sai »

Tage wrote:And, wow, this moved from Appleseed to politics how?!
Wasn't me... >_>;; Not intentionally anyway =p

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by musical74 »

Anytime the critics rave about things like CG and effects but say ZILCH about yjr plot it's a bad sign...

*Puts a special NO POLITICS banner up* because everyone has their old ideas on politics and everyone is too ingrained in their belief to sway anyone else
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Tage
Regular

#14 Post by Tage »

Sai wrote:Wasn't me... >_>;; Not intentionally anyway =p
M'hm....suuuuuure :wink:

Yah, it always is a bad sign I suppose. Whether that bad sign reflects the true nature of the movie or not is up to opinion I guess. I'll go watch any anime movie that comes to a local theather... n.n Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere when it comes to anime showing in theathers. The last anime in a theater that I saw was Spirited Away :shock: Make that...the only one, lol.

Edit: Oh wait...there were those Pokémon movies... :o

darkknight
Veteran

#15 Post by darkknight »

U live in the middle of nowhere....I live in maryland....it is all full of hillbillies that wat to be thugs it is actually funny but in the middle of nowhere