MxH Beat [GxG][GxB][Romance][Monster Girls/Boys]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ButterflyLatte
Regular
Completed: warm, Wendy, Oceanic Hearts
Projects: Red Lilies
Organization: Krispy Cat
Tumblr: butterfly-latte
Deviantart: ButterflyLatte
itch: krispycat

MxH Beat [GxG][GxB][Romance][Monster Girls/Boys]

#1 Post by ButterflyLatte »

Plot: After a disagreement with her parents (that she prefers not to talk about) high-school graduate Karen finds herself living with some family friends in their hometown. Not wanting to see her waste her days sitting gloomily in her new room, her surrogate parents push her to explore the town for something interesting.
What Karen wasn't expecting was for this town to have a higher monster population than she's used to.

But that's no big deal; living in a monster-heavy area is something she can get used to. Falling in love, on the other hand...

Characters:

Karen: 18 years old, graduated high school just two weeks ago. New in town and not sure what to do with herself just yet.

ImageImage
Eidel and Blake: They've known Karen since she was a baby, and Karen's mother before that! They take Karen in when her parents throw her out, and encourage her to come out of her shell.

Noel: 18 years old; an employee at Blake and Eidel's bed and breakfast. Kind and motherly. When she's not working as the resident cleaning lady, she enjoys gardening and shopping.

Trevor: 20 years old; a shy, soft-spoken skeleton man who prefers to be alone, though he might be willing to make an exception with Karen. Very nervous around crowds and strangers, and gets evasive when pressed about it.

Ellie: 18 years old; she works weekends at a clothing store and loves fashion. Bubbly and energetic.

William: 19 years old; very active and loves to have fun, but is also nurturing in his own way. "Like the wind" /Patrick Swayze

Definite Features:
* Will have four character paths, one for each love interest.
* One good end, one bad end for each route.
* CGs

Possible Features? Will be determined by interest in demo
* Ero scenes? Would have the option to be shut off, much like Katawa Shoujo
This is my first solo visual novel project. I plan on drawing character sprites, CGs, and eventually backgrounds on my own (a demo would have stock photo backgrounds as place-holder), though music would have to be royalty-free tracks.

If a demo raises enough interest, I'm thinking of making the final game commercial? We'll see.

ButterflyLatte
Regular
Completed: warm, Wendy, Oceanic Hearts
Projects: Red Lilies
Organization: Krispy Cat
Tumblr: butterfly-latte
Deviantart: ButterflyLatte
itch: krispycat

Re: MxH Beat [GxG][GxB][Romance][Monster Girls/Boys]

#2 Post by ButterflyLatte »

I don't know if I like that particular outfit, so subject to change. Just wanted to see how things looked so far.
I found out I made the sprites too big too, and have to shrink them all.