Cheap/Free Voice Over

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
sofiakuran
Regular

Cheap/Free Voice Over

#1 Post by sofiakuran »

Hi I'm new to voice acting. I'd like to get the experience I need.

Prices:
$0.50/line if project is non commercial
$1/line if project is commercial

I will continually be updating this page as I try to learn how to work the images cause i don't get it lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u1o0a58efs6hfj/luna.mp3?dl=0
A sample of my voice
Last edited by sofiakuran on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: Cheap/Free Voice Over

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Nice sample.
I'm not looking voice actors right now, but I was a big shocked by the prices. That's quite an hourly rate when you consider what other members of the project will make back for their time. More often than not their are projects of passion, not profit. I am not sure that many projects will be able to afford those types of prices, unless they really are super short. I would consider being a bit more flexible with your prices. Most visual novels are quite long, especially if they are paying for voice actors.
Perhaps you could still achieve your goal of getting experience and a bit of income by lowering your prices or changing how you price your work.

Perhaps you might also reconsider your pricing for non commercial projects. If it is a good script and team, wouldn't you be willing to take on the same sacrifices/risks as everyone else? Otherwise they would go hundreds of dollars into the red just for voice acting, when other members of the team (perhaps even with more experience than you) receive nothing for their time, or shoulder the burden of that debt.

nubes

#3 Post by nubes »

Would you consider doing an adult game project? If so can we get a short demo of sexy voices and maybe some moaning?

sofiakuran
Regular

#4 Post by sofiakuran »

nubes wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 pm Would you consider doing an adult game project? If so can we get a short demo of sexy voices and maybe some moaning?
Sorry I don't think I'm cut out for an adult game!

sofiakuran
Regular

#5 Post by sofiakuran »

ComputerArt.Club wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am Nice sample.
I'm not looking voice actors right now, but I was a big shocked by the prices. That's quite an hourly rate when you consider what other members of the project will make back for their time. More often than not their are projects of passion, not profit. I am not sure that many projects will be able to afford those types of prices, unless they really are super short. I would consider being a bit more flexible with your prices. Most visual novels are quite long, especially if they are paying for voice actors.
Perhaps you could still achieve your goal of getting experience and a bit of income by lowering your prices or changing how you price your work.

Perhaps you might also reconsider your pricing for non commercial projects. If it is a good script and team, wouldn't you be willing to take on the same sacrifices/risks as everyone else? Otherwise they would go hundreds of dollars into the red just for voice acting, when other members of the team (perhaps even with more experience than you) receive nothing for their time, or shoulder the burden of that debt.
Oh I didn't think anyone would want me as a main character if that's the case I would consider doing a non profit for free depending on the project. As far as commercial rates I could always change it to be less than that. What do you think my rates should be?

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#6 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

You know what, I thought about it and I regretted making my post, but it mostly came from the fact that I have done a lot of animation and quite a few radio dramas, I was just imagining how much those projects would have cost me if I had to pay a voice actor per line. I am doing my own voice acting for my Renpy projects so far and when I do get voice acting from others it will be in Chinese/German, so I have not been checking the going rates here. However, I would base the price off of what others were charging and be clear on what services were included/excluded in the price (are you sending raw unedited recordings or are you sending edited and selected/quality controlled takes). Will you charge extra for those services?

Good luck and have fun!

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran

#7 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Oh, I see you changed your rates! That is much more affordable. :D Thank you.

sofiakuran
Regular

#8 Post by sofiakuran »

ComputerArt.Club wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm Oh, I see you changed your rates! That is much more affordable. :D Thank you.
not a problem!