The Garden Society: Kykuit

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#106 Post by PyTom »

eclipse wrote:Hmm, maybe I should "upgrade" the game to a new version of Ren'Py to get rid of that problem... and maybe make a Deluxe Edition while I'm at it with omake's and stuff... :thinks: Will anyone be interested in an improved version? :D
One advantage of upgrading to newer versions of Ren'Py is the auto-click mode. This could help in demonstrating games at cons and such... a consideration for people who may want to demonstrate games at cons.

(This is a topic that's been on my mind since Otakon,)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#107 Post by Blue Lemma »

Auto-click mode... not a bad idea 8)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#108 Post by mikey »

I'll be against this for now. A patch could solve the bug. Re-making the game with additions... not really. The game is perfect, actually. It's not the "perfect perfect" though. The thing I am trying to say is that one of the charms of these games is their little buggies here and there, all those small critique points - and it all adds up to be a somewhat more personal experience (THAT kind of perfect). If I want something overpolished, sterile and flawlessly designed, I'll buy a game that was done by people who get paid.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#109 Post by musical74 »

eclipse wrote:maybe make a Deluxe Edition while I'm at it with omake's and stuff... :thinks: Will anyone be interested in an improved version?
Well, I'd be interested in a Deluxe version! :) One question...what's omake?

I've gotten endings 1-6 so far...trying to get the elusive 7 and 8 endings...and trying to find the easter eggs but not having any luck yet.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#110 Post by mikey »

musical74 wrote:One question...what's omake?
A bonus section, sketches, ministories, anything that isn't the game, but is unlocked as a treat when you finish it.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#111 Post by musical74 »

ARRRRRRRRRRH!!! (notices everyone is looking at him strangely) Are endings 7 and 8 going to always elude me?? Help, guys...can't seem to get either ending...and I've tried and tried and tried...most of the time I get endings 1, 2, or 4...Nadine doesn't like me...maybe I should give her some flowers?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#112 Post by rioka »

musical74 wrote:ARRRRRRRRRRH!!! (notices everyone is looking at him strangely) Are endings 7 and 8 going to always elude me?? Help, guys...can't seem to get either ending...and I've tried and tried and tried...most of the time I get endings 1, 2, or 4...Nadine doesn't like me...maybe I should give her some flowers?
:shock: :takes several big steps back: If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll send you the solution later tonight or tomorrow morning. ...Just... dont' do anything hasty.... :shock:

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#113 Post by musical74 »

Hasty? nah....I won't do anything hasty or rash (hides boquet that he bought)

One thing of interest about the game is that because it's in black and white, it seems to enhance the moods a bit...maybe it's just because I'm paying more attention to the details of the background and the art but it seems...I don't know...it seems RIGHT to have it in black and white =)

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#114 Post by Alessio »

I've taken some time to re-play Kykuit and, since I had never posted comments here, congratulations for the game. Can't believe you managed within one month! Very nice artwork, good atmosphere, nice music. I'm not much of a multiple endings collector, so I played it through only 3 times. Oh, and Elena is really really cute. ^_^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#115 Post by monele »

I played GSK something like a month ago and left it for a while. I really loved the graphics and overall ambiance but I made the mistake of thinking its structure was too simple (choices affecting only the very end).

Then today I just read about its 8 endings and really wondered how it could have 8 endings ô_o... So I tried... Got the 3 classic endings at first, and then the duo endings. #7 was found a bit randomly, and for #8 I found the first part randomly but couldn't have done it without your biography hint page :). I missed #6 but I think I've played too much for a day XD.

Anyway, my conclusion is now that it's a really wonderful game full of unapparent details that show how much passion has been put into it ^.^. This makes me eager to try out your next games :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#116 Post by rioka »

monele wrote:I played GSK something like a month ago and left it for a while. I really loved the graphics and overall ambiance but I made the mistake of thinking its structure was too simple (choices affecting only the very end).

Anyway, my conclusion is now that it's a really wonderful game full of unapparent details that show how much passion has been put into it ^.^. This makes me eager to try out your next games :)
Wai! Thank you! :3
Expect a new game soon. (Hope it doesn't disappoint... *_* Gah, the pressure! >_< ^_^; )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#117 Post by monele »

Missed the secret message the first time XD... Good luck with choosing :D

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#118 Post by rioka »

lol Thanks!
Btw, this is not related to the NaNoRenO game. ^_~

Dongurinoseikurabe

#119 Post by Dongurinoseikurabe »

Otaku Dash wrote:(yes I'm Portuguese..... and if i hear someone telling that Portugal is a province of Spain.... i'll kill him withought mercy :evil: :P )
Portugal....

isn't that like a european mexico

?

:twisted: :twisted:

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#120 Post by musical74 »

Eclispe:

Was replaying GSK recently and was wondering if you ever decided to do a deluxe version of it. Also ran into that dang error message again...did you ever upgrade it to a newer version? Or is the version that I DLed it for the same?

Inquiring minds want to know! <OK maybe just ONE inquiring mind, but still....>