Need an art director

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Dani
Completed: Juniper's Knot
Projects: Cradle Song
Organization: Dischan

Need an art director

#1 Post by Dani »

Hello.

I am the project leader for an in progress VN.

Our website is http://www.dischan.org and we have a deviantart at dischan.deviantart.com. You can get some information and see some concept art on those sites

Anyway, we are moving along nicely. We have enough writers and a script coming, a musician, a programmer and some artists.

We don't, however, have an art director. It would be great if someone could volunteer their time to help out. The responsibilities of the Art Director would be the following:

Keeping the artists on task and on the same page.
Making sure every artist has work and assigning work to artists.
Helping to manage Dis' deviantart account.
Quality control.
Handling artists' questions and concerns.
Making sure all artists are informed and aware of all news.
Working closely with me, reporting progress, bringing artist's concerns, and offering input on art related subjects.

Also, the Art Director should have some aptitude at art himself/herself, of course.

If you are interested, go ahead and send me an e-mail at contact@dischan.org. Only serious applicants, please.

Also, we have enough writers and are not at a stage where we need more than one programmer, but if you are a musician or an artist, you are welcome to send an e-mail as well. We're slightly low in those areas.

Thanks a lot for your time, everyone. :)

alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

Re: Need an art director

#2 Post by alberte »

your art is widely intruiging.. do you have a snippet of what the VN is about?
Genre?

Goodluck with applicants! :P

Dani
Completed: Juniper's Knot
Projects: Cradle Song
Organization: Dischan

#3 Post by Dani »

The genre is sci-fi. Here's a snippet from the site:

The novel starts out following our young main character, who is in high school. His life is completely average, almost painfully so. However, one day this world is ruined. His reality is literally torn apart by a fellow, and insane, student. He wakes up in a chair, hooked up to machinery.

His world was actually a virtual reality.

He finds that some of the people from the virtual reality are with him again in the real world. Jacked in just as he was. He and them escape. Mysteriously, the main character finds that those from the VR have powers, yet he does not. Later they discover that the facility they woke up in was built to contain people such as them, in hopes to prevent an apocalypse that had ironically been foreseen by one of the first power users.

The society outside of the facility is a dystopia. A desolate world populated by walled cities (google image: Kowloon, or walled city).

There will be seven romantic routes and probably a few just plain bad ends.

We also have actually found an art director, I just forgot to update this forum request. Sorry about that.

IceD
Veteran

#4 Post by IceD »

Your group's art looks very nice, and story seems intriguing! Throw more stuff if you'll have something to share with us. I wish you all good luck with it! :)