Live2D model isn't working in Ren'Py

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
MonaMouseArt

Live2D model isn't working in Ren'Py

#1 Post by MonaMouseArt »

Exception: Live2D model Resources/Medeia/Medeia.model3.json does not exist.

That's what my script says when I try to launch the game :? But I put the model3.json file in the folder, so I don't know what the problem is...

laspis
Projects: Into the Depth of the Sky
itch: karita0101

Re: Live2D model isn't working in Ren'Py

#2 Post by laspis »

Did you figure it out? I'm having the exact problem with one of my models and also hoping someone could help lol...
It keeps telling me (name).model3.json does not exist even though it's right there in the same folder.
I tried declaring image name = Live2D("image/name/name.model3.json", loop=True) and it still says the file does not exist. I also tried moving the files to another folder and redefining the path and it still doesn't work.
Also tried reexporting with SDK 4.0, 4.2, 5.0, directly exporting to the game resource folder, etc so I'd really appreciate if someone can enlighten me on what the problem is.
My RenPy version is 8.2.1
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
Currently working on Thai otome VN "Into the Depth of the Sky"