The Silent Column (Released) [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column
Projects: Ethereal Overflow
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

Re: The Silent Column [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Mystery]

#31 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone. Late happy holidays and late happy new year! ^^ I hope things are going well.
I now have a sprite for Serra, Nithi, and Thidria. So, for 3 out of the 7 characters who will appear in the common route have sprites.
While I'm slowly working on the art for the common route, I'm also writing a little bit for the main routes. Right now, I have around 3,700 words written for Serra's route.
The common route will be released as a free demo when it's done.
Also, I'll show you the character sprites when all 7 characters are done.
Take care, everyone. ^^

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone, I thought I'd give you a little update on things.
I've been having less weekend time the last few weeks, because of work, so I haven't been drawing very much. I may be getting normal weekends again relatively soon, though, which I'm looking forward to. At least, that's what I've heard. I have, however, been drawing Amy's sprite a little bit. It just isn't finished as of yet.
Partially thanks to having plenty of time to think at work, I'm figuring out just how I want the whole story to end, which I'm happy about. I can't say much about it, though, since it's the ending, but it's great to finally have a clear ending in mind rather than a vague one. I think it will wrap things up, nicely.
Take care, everyone. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone. I had planned, before, to show you all of the girls who would appear in the demo at the same time, but I want to show you the four I have done right now since I just finished Amy and I know it's taking a long time to make art on my schedule as it is right now. Here are the four girls I have so far! ^_^ From left to right they are, Amy, Thidria, Serra, and Nithi. The other girls to draw for the demo are Kina, Josephine, and April.
ImageImageImageImage
I'll see you next time, have a nice day. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone. ^_^ I drew April just now so I wanted to share. Here she is:
I may work on her a little more or I might not. I think she already fits in pretty well with the other girls. Just Josephine and Kina left, now. Take care, everyone. :heart: See you next time.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by SelLi »

Kina. :heart: I think she turned out cute!
The last girl to draw for the demo will be Josephine. It'll be nice to see them all done! :heart: See you next time.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by SelLi »

And, finally, here's Josephine. :heart: She turned out quite green, but I like green. :heart: Now I have all the girls done. So, next up is to do the backgrounds and CGs for the demo. I don't know how much detail I'll put into the backgrounds - the characters are more important. Right now I plan on doing 4 CGs and 12 more backgrounds for the demo. See you next time. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by SelLi »

I finished one of the four game CGs for the demo. I won't share it, though, because I want people to see it for the first time in game. ^^
Also, it's time for me to leave this full time job. It's just time for me to do something else...
I'm wanting to dedicate time to finishing this demo before I get a new job. :) I'll have so much more time to work on it after March 10th. I'm looking forward to it.
Take care, everyone. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone. :) I didn't quite like how Amy looked so I made a new picture of her. I think this looks better and also looks more like how I envision Amy.
I've also done a background~
It looks unrefined but in a rather pleasant, painterly way, in my opinion. And character sprites seem to look good against it, so I think I'll probably keep it as is.
See you next time~ :)

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by SelLi »

This feels much more like Josephine to me. :)
I may work on some of the other girls a little bit more to fix them up a little bit. Specifically I have my eyes on April and Nithi - they seem like they could use a little bit more work. April generally looks like she could use some refinement, perhaps some alterations to her design, and Nithi looks like her arms are too small. I'd like to do them properly. I may work on Amy a little bit more, too. Her new design is closer to what I have envisioned for her character but perhaps she could use a little more work.

Edit: After some thought I think I'll keep April as is. :)
Last edited by SelLi on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by SelLi »

Ah, there we go. This is a much better Amy, in my opinion. ^^ She looks cute.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by SelLi »

Phiew... hi everyone. :) It has been a while. I've simply been working quite a lot on the visual novel and haven't been posting any updates. Seeing that old sprite of Amy in the last post takes me back! XD I might not make many updates because I'm just working on the VN, but I wanted to let you know the project isn't dead or anything. <3
I'm not going to share everything I've done but I'll share some:
I decided to have 2 main poses for each of the three heroines in the demo. I have Amy's two poses done and Serra's done, as well. I'm going to be finishing up Thidria's poses, but her poses are quite close to being done, as well. In addition to the main poses, Amy and Serra each have a curtsy I'd like to do. Amy and Thidria's demo CGs are done, along with another CG. Serra's CG needs some tweaking but is mainly finished. I spent a few days working on a title screen before realizing there's one I already have finished that I'd like to use for the demo. I also added an extra button to the main menu that leads to a bonus section where I plan to put some extra content, like author commentary and game history, which I really liked in Lemma's Tales 1! I also edited the appearance of the main menu and game menu side bar, and have edited some backgrounds and made some new ones. I've also been working on a company image for the VN company. I've probably also been doing other things... but... in short, a lot of progress has been made and is still being made. :)

Here's how Amy is looks right now:

Take care, everyone. <3 I'll see you next time, but that might not be for a while~ <3

Edit: May not end up making a curtsy pose for Serra or Amy. They would be nice to have but would be two unique poses that would only be seen in very rare situations. So, they probably won't end up being a priority, if you know what I mean.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by SelLi »

I forgot to post this here, of all places! I'm making new update videos - this is the first one I've made in over a year. Feel free to watch it if you'd like to.

liambeale
itch: noirinhongkong

#43 Post by liambeale »

Just jumping in to say that your dedication to the project makes me really interested in it! Keep it up!

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by SelLi »

liambeale wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:23 am Just jumping in to say that your dedication to the project makes me really interested in it! Keep it up!
Thank you! :heart: I'm glad.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by SelLi »

The short demo of The Silent Column is done and available here for free download:
https://overlooked-option-vns.itch.io/t ... short-demo

I'll make an update video about it within the next few days.

Take care. <3