Making Multiple Battles in Animated RPG Battle Engine 1.2

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
DeathhunterAshi
Completed: Death Hunter's Requiem, Godly Promotion
Projects: Death Hunter's Requiem [Completed], Godly Promotion [Completed]
Tumblr: menacingheatashi
itch: deathhunterashi
Discord: DHAshi#3476

Making Multiple Battles in Animated RPG Battle Engine 1.2

#1 Post by DeathhunterAshi »

For the past few months I have been using Habiticle's Animated RPG Battle Engine 1.2 viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59747 in my visual novel and figured it out for the most part, but I want to add multiple different battles into the code- as each Chapter in the game has an 'End Chapter Boss Battle' and then a mob battle.

This is the label load setup that makes it so that the battle boots up:
label load_setup:
if not name:
$ name = "Player"
$ a.name = name
$ darkheal.addSkill(a) # add new skills
$ magicswap.addSkill(y)
$ sealingknives.addSkill(j)
call load_monsters
call load_items
$ party_list = [a,y,j] # initial party list, including main character
$ fixedset = "set 1"
$ wild_monsters = [mon1,mon2]
$ restorehp()
$ restoremp()
return

But I want to be able to add a toggle so that after 'Battle Chapter 1' is completed, when 'Battle Chapter 2' and vice versa starts, it will pick up the new enemy(s) and not take from the 'set 1' set like previously.

I'm still relatively new when it comes to coding big lines of code like this, so any help is extremely appreciated!
"Joey: This is…this is my power! The Cursed Vampiric Left Hand!"

"That’s right...this is my power. The power I wished for so badly because I wanted to save someone."

DeathhunterAshi
Completed: Death Hunter's Requiem, Godly Promotion
Projects: Death Hunter's Requiem [Completed], Godly Promotion [Completed]
Tumblr: menacingheatashi
itch: deathhunterashi
Discord: DHAshi#3476

Re: Making Multiple Battles in Animated RPG Battle Engine 1.2

#2 Post by DeathhunterAshi »

[SOLVED]

I figured it out eventually on my own. Generally, the same idea is how you do the label_load setup. While it is a longer progress by making a whole new load set up, it does work and fixes the general problem of wanting multiple battles in different chapters by essentially making a separate load setup, using fixed sets for both monsters and players, and restoring HP/MP. I'm sure someone else could figure out how to make it shorter, but that's the current solution.
"Joey: This is…this is my power! The Cursed Vampiric Left Hand!"

"That’s right...this is my power. The power I wished for so badly because I wanted to save someone."