Looking for Character Artist - HELP WANTED

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Shadelight
Projects: Multiple. Most finished, some pending.

Looking for Character Artist - HELP WANTED

#1 Post by Shadelight »

I am looking for an artist to make some sprites for a game I am making. I already have everything I need (backgrounds, music, whatnot) except the character sprites themselves. The story itself will take place in a japanese school (gee, what a shocker). The sprites I need should be of the students and friends of the main character. I'd need 3 female storyline (multiple emotion) characters, and 2 male characters with about 3 emotions each. I really need these because I can't seem to get a conglomerate of pictures whos art styles are similar enough to use in a decent vn. If an artist would consider this request, profiles are provided for the characters below.

Emotions Wanted Female: Normal, happy (and truly happy used for an ending), sad, blushing, and angry; in and out of school uniform.

The three female storyline characters:
1. Bold personality, rash. Long Red hair, usually in a ponytail, Dark brown eyes.
2. Nervous personality, slightly messy. Medium-Length slightly messy Black hair, green eyes.
3. Quiet personality, organized. Shortish brown hair (slightly covers eyes in a few pics), light blue eyes.

Emotions Wanted Male: Normal (smiling), blushing and sad; in and out of school uniform.

The two male characters:
1. Confident personality, easygoing. Short Spiked Black Hair, brown eyes. Slight facial hair (five o clock shadow-ish)
2. Innocent personality, shy. Medium Blonde Hair, light green eyes. Has a young look to him.

Anyone who wishes to contribute will be greatly appreciated. I will get working on finishing it up when I can get these sprites. The artist(s) who contribute(s) will be the first ones to read the novel. I have been working on this novel for quite some time, and this is exactly all that we need. HELP SERIOUSLY WANTED!

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Re: Looking for Character Artist - HELP WANTED

#2 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I can do character design, although I can't make sprites. Would that be helpful for you?
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#3 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Right - here's what I got so far.

For lack of a better name, the female characters you sent are Red, Black and Brunette, and the male ones are Seme and Uke until I get their names. :lol:

Here are preliminary sketches of Red EDIT which are upside down in the thumbnail for some reason but the actual image is oriented correctly:

With Black, to avoid ripping off Hanako Izekawa for a girl with a 'nervous personality' that has 'medium-length slightly messy black hair,' I... made her a little chubby, and dressed her in an unflattering hoodie. This is what I made:

I didn't do expressions for her yet because that's an unusual take in a VN.

The rest will come later, as I complete them. Thoughts? Things I need to correct? Clothing references?
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Shadelight
Projects: Multiple. Most finished, some pending.

#4 Post by Shadelight »

I like them. They're good, but not the art style I'm looking for. If you want to, I'd like you to make them either a (dumbed down, of course) cg looking sketch or a chibi one. Either one I'd be interested in using for my novel.