Spring Boy [Otome, Light Fantasy, Slice-of-life][Otome Jam][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thetiredone
Completed: A whole lot now
Projects: Spring Boy
Tumblr: HeartSyncProductions
itch: HeartSyncProductions

Spring Boy [Otome, Light Fantasy, Slice-of-life][Otome Jam][Demo]

#1 Post by thetiredone »

Love blossoms and dies in spring
Eri is an almost perfect student (if math didn't exist). After a botched midterms, she goes to beg her professor for a second chance. However, on the way there she finds a strange boy, who also happens to be looking for the professor. Despite herself, Eri agrees to help, and the two find their paths entwined forever.

As the two grow close, there's only one thing Eri needs to keep in mind; love blooms and dies in the spring.
Characters
The demo includes:
trying to converse with a distant roommate

attempting to appease a math tutor

a strange boy who catches Eri's attention

two mini branches

around 20 minutes of playtime
Download Here
https://syncproject.itch.io/spring-boy
This demo was made for both the otome and josei game jams. There will be an updated demo around the end of August/early September! A release window for the full game with be determined after it's release. Thank you for checking it out!
I make things sometimes

thetiredone

Re: Spring Boy [Otome, Light Fantasy, Slice-of-life][Otome Jam][Demo]

#2 Post by thetiredone »

Spent the past month working on most of the art for the full demo (which I'm hoping to release at the end of August). I'm still working on the backgrounds, but I got the sprites done for two of the other side characters, finished the CGS, did some writing, and made some headway into the GUI.

The main menu:

The final side characters in the demo, Robin and Blythe:

And lastly, one of the three CGs in the demo:

And that is all I have for this update! Hopefully the next one will be an announcement for the full demo! Thanks for reading.
I make things sometimes

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#3 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Looking forward to a new update soon!
\(^O^)/

thetiredone

#4 Post by thetiredone »

Hey all, it's been a while! Going into the New Year, I decided to do a revamp of this project! (That and my old laptop...snapped in half). I've started writing the new script, and while I thankfully have the art I did for this backed up, I'm probably also going to be revamping the sprites a bit!

Since I never mentioned it before, I'm planning for this to be around 20k-30k words with one main route, being Vasant, and two short what-if routes, being Sparrow and Mickie, which will unlock after the main route! Since I'm rewriting the script, I'm not sure about how many CGs there will be, but I'll update the main details with everything when things are more finalized.

Happy new year everyone!
I make things sometimes