Samuel Sage: The Mystery at Penby Inn. [Mystery] [Adventure] [Q1 2024]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
seam-entertainment
Tumblr: seamentertainment

Samuel Sage: The Mystery at Penby Inn. [Mystery] [Adventure] [Q1 2024]

#1 Post by seam-entertainment »

Hi Guys,

I am working on my first visual novel project titled Samuel Sage: The Mystery at Penby Inn.

In this game, you play the part of a young tech entrepreneur Samuel, who inherits a hotel only to learn that things are not as they seem. Business is declining, there are rumours the hotel is haunted, and to top it all there is a murder. Will you be able to get to the bottom of these incidents, will you be able to revive the business?

I have opted for a different visual style because I wanted to make something that looks different from all the manga style work out there. This was not an easy decision, and it is not without obvious risk. I have posted some screenshots, but screenshots do not capture the animations or audio and hence have also posted a link to a demo on YouTube.

Visit https://www.seamentertainment.com for a chance to win a free copy of this game.
If you would like to try out a beta version, please leave a message in the comments. The full game is expected to release in the first quarter of 2024.

Creating something that is not manga-style seems like a very lonely endeavor. I would appreciate words of encouragement, but would happily accept constructive feedback.
Thankyou.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Samuel Sage: The Mystery at Penby Inn. [Mystery] [Adventure] [Q1 2024]

#2 Post by fleet »

I congratulate for using a different art style for the characters. I wish you success.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.