Patsy n' Crinkles [Pixel Art][Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LittleRainySeasons
Regular
Projects: Patsy n' Crinkles, Galaxy Party, Time|Reversed
Deviantart: LittleRainySeasons
Soundcloud: RoboticDreamz
itch: LittleRainySeasons

Patsy n' Crinkles [Pixel Art][Mystery]

#1 Post by LittleRainySeasons »

So recently I've been making a game that is inspired by old NES games. At the same time the gameplay is going to a bit similar to Princess Maker. I originally started this in 2021 as a Twine game but after the gameplay was tweaked, I decided to code it it on Ren'Py. The game uses the legacy GUI since I'm more accustomed coding there.

SUMMARY:
The game centers on the titular characters, Patsy and Crinkles. They're both street performers who busk around in Old Dots.
However, one Monday morning, they came across a ruckus that happened in Downtown and their lives were changed forever...

Patsy
The protagonist of the game. The game uses second-person POV and the player takes the role of Patsy. They are genderless and goes by any pronouns.
Aside from busking around, they prefer sleeping all day in the couch or staying at home.
Crinkles
The deuteragonist of the game. He is the polar opposite of Patsy. While Patsy is an introvert, Crinkles is an extrovert.
He often drags Patsy into exploring Old Dots with their Honkmobile.
Patrick Genardier
The two's cranky manager. He wants everything to be punctually as possible and he easily gets mad, especially if they're three minutes late.
Despite all of that, he often fails to monitor their whereabouts if they go somewhere else.

Plans
As of now I'd say the game is like 50% finished in terms of the basic gameplay. I'm trying to aim to release at least a demo around next month or so.
I'm mostly doing all the work for this—from the sprites, to the background, and music.

Here's the work in progress so far

Possible ideas would be:
-A suspicious travelling businessman who would randomly appear similar to Princess Maker 2
-Minigames
-Possible side-plots

If anyone has suggestions or thoughts, please let me know! I'd love to have some feedback. :D

Social Links
Official Website
The Patsy n' Crinkles Discord