[OPEN] [QA/Tester] [Proofreader/Editor] Linux User Looking For A Fun Project To QA!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
PhoenixGR
itch: phoenixgr
Discord: PhoenixGR#9509

[OPEN] [QA/Tester] [Proofreader/Editor] Linux User Looking For A Fun Project To QA!

#1 Post by PhoenixGR »

Who am I?

Hey there! My name's Jonathan, and I'm looking for fun indie game projects to join and help QA!

I have plenty of experience with playing and testing games over many years, and one of my gifts is the ability to notice problems, or things that seem "off" very keenly. These skills lend themselves very well to testing and proofreading roles, which I enjoy doing.

What can I do?

I have made multiple games in RPG Maker, as well as a few smaller projects in Ren'Py. You can find examples of my games below. All of these have been solo projects, and I've done all my own testing and proofreading/editing for them.

My RPG Maker titles are here: https://jhawk777.itch.io/​
And my small Ren'Py projects are on my alternate (NSFW) account: https://phoenixgr.itch.io/ (NSFW)

I currently serve in an editor role for a long-term NSFW visual novel project, Messy Academy (from Chapter 4 content onward): https://messy-studios.itch.io/messy-academy​​ (NSFW)​

Recently, I've submitted detailed bug reports, performed proofreading/editing, transcription, and/or provided feedback, to the following projects (on a voluntary, pro bono basis):
If English is not your first language, I can help make your game read naturally to American-English speaking players, fulfilling a role as an LQA. I do not have a paired language for LQA or full translation, but if your project already has a translation into a basic English form, I can help it read better.

I use Linux as my computer operating system of choice, but I am also able to run most Windows games on it too, so in most cases it won't pose a problem being on a different platform.

What am I looking for?

I'm looking for opportunities to join a fun project in development, something where I can put my testing and proofreading skills to good benefit.

I'm mainly asking for a paid or revenue share project, but even if your project is unpaid, if it greatly interests me, I may still assist when I have time.

I am OK with working on games with adult sexual content in them, or of course games that do not have such content too.

I would prefer projects in genres like: 2D, Role-Playing, Casual/Arcade, Educational, Visual Novels, or any sort of primarily narrative-based games. Bonus points if they have wholesome and uplifting stories, or metaphysical/spiritual central themes.

I am NOT looking for projects with themes like: Horror, Gore, Violence, FPS/Shooter, Psychological/Dark, NTR, or similar experiences. In general, if it doesn't feel right to me, I'll have to pass on it.

If I seem like a good fit for your project...

Feel free to contact me with details about your game!

You can reach out via email at: phoenixgoldrivers [at] gmail.com
Or message me on Discord via: phoenixgoldrivers​​

I am currently Available to join projects!​