[Closed][Paid][18+] Looking for SFX/Ambient tracks!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
princessbridget1999

[Closed][Paid][18+] Looking for SFX/Ambient tracks!

#1 Post by princessbridget1999 »

Hi! My name is Bridget, lead creator, director and writer for the eroge/adult visual novel called "Messy Academy". We're almost 5 years into development, with about 1 and a half years remaining based on our roadmap of content left. Our typical goal is to release new content roughly every 30-45 days for both our Substar supporters who fund our team's development and free content for our public fans.

The short version is that we're now seeking someone who can help us create custom SFX, mainly 18+ related sound effects (No vocals). Ideally we'd like someone who can help with sound effects and can provide ambient tracks for the project. (More details on these in the [Expectations we expect upon hiring you] section below, so please read that.

Brace yourself for a lengthy post, but I'll cut it into sections! First, a bit more about the project and our team.

[Welcome to our team!]

Our team is called "Messy Studios" - A small knit team of roughly five of us actively working on development, each with different skills. Since we heavily rely on our monthly funding from Substar to pay everyone on the team, we do have a timeline schedule to follow and get our expected needs done for new content in a timely fashion. I give everyone more than enough time to know what we need done, how things are coming along and overall, make it feel like no one is hard pressed on time to get what they're expected to have done, finished in time. ^^

Messy Studios is actively working on "Messy Academy" or MA for short, currently about 5 years in development with much of the resources wrapping up as we mainly focus on writing, editing, engine needs and cg art for the next year or so to finish the project. We're very laid-back people from different backgrounds and easy to work with, but the main person you'd be working closely with is myself.

Many of us on the team have been working together since the beginning or over 2 years without drama or issues, very professional and easy going. I typically trust everyone on our team and try to limit checking in for updates to once a week.

[What is Messy Academy?]

Messy Academy is a 18+ visual novel that focuses around ab/dl themes (diapers). The game takes place at Pembroke Academy within the fictional countryside of Wales, UK. The school's an all girl's private college setting, until recently when the protag and their two buddies end up applying to transfer there and get accepted as part of a trial run to slowly turn the academy co-ed. Once the guys arrive at the school however, they quickly learn of the bizarre rules set in place. The protag and their buddies would ultimately accept with mixed feelings, but along the way, they'll begin to question why this place exists, what it's purpose is and how it hasn't been shut down yet as the mystery unfolds.

Genre: Adult, Slice of life, School life, Romcom (romance/comedy), Drama and Mystery.

Overall, the game's first impression might sound like it's purely adult and nothing but diaper stuff being mentioned every other line within the game. I'd like to stress that MA has a big focus on general story, character and world building. It should feel a lot like a normal slice of life anime series with everything paced out well. I've had people give the game a shot without being into the ab/dl themes and they were caught off guard by how well the game holds up for writing, actually sticking around for the story, characters and world rather than the ab/dl themes or adult content.

[Expectations we expect upon hiring you]

1 - {Must be comfortable and able to produce 18+ related SFX (sound effects) that will be used within the game only. Given the theme of the game, some of these 18+ SFX include; sexual act noises, diaper related noises, bodily function noises (peeing, farting). We do not expect SFX to be created directly from their source material, for example... kissing/making out noises aren't expected to be recorded by someone actually kissing or making out with another person next to a microphone. We're aware that SFX are created using many different tools and objects to recreate noises that mimic what it's meant to be.}

2 - {Must be able to produce ambient tracks that will be used within the game only. These ambient tracks are meant to fill-in the background and general moments throughout the game, as we already have the music soundtrack completed. These ambient tracks should feel as if they blend in with the background and tone wise, they should feel fitting towards a slice of life general day to day feeling. Here's a example for what we're sort of looking for with these, but clearly the tone set in this example sounds like it'd be a more dramatic toned ambient track. https://youtu.be/ZmgvZTlLAsU?si=idft7N3LhWia3W9D&t=1047 We'd want that kind of ambient feel with these tracks where they fit in-between the soundtrack music moments.}

3 - {Must be self motivated. I try not to bother anyone on the team outside of a weekly check-in to see how things are going generally and I'm cautious with that as well. We need someone that is aware of their own schedule to keep things moving along for tasks without being reminded.}

4 - {Must have Discord. Our team operates on Discord to keep in touch and communicate, purely through text. So, no worries if you aren't big on using voice. I understand everyone is busy outside of project work with day jobs, school or free time, etc.}

[Expectations you can expect from us upon being hired]

1 - {Expect a easy-going project to be apart of, with a lead that is easy to communicate with, easy to work with and much more!}

2 - {Expect a steady project that can provide you with fair payments on a monthly basis, always providing you with something to work on each month until all of our SFX/Ambient needs for the project are finished! We expect at least a year worth of work is needed, landing you a decent flow of income when paired up with other projects you might be working on long-term or short-term.}

3 - {Expect solid, detailed communication. If you ever need to ask any questions, I'll provide you with clear and direct details or information needed. I check Discord daily and will always respond to anyone on our team right away!}

4 - {Expect your SFX/Ambient files being respected and used purely within our game only. We always respect everyone we work with and our intention is to never step on the toes of fellow creators providing their amazing skills to our project!}

If I missed anything or there's questions, I always ensure we discuss everything upfront before we officially begin working together. <3

[Sounds great! Where do I sign?]

If you believe working as part of Messy Studios sounds like a solid fit, I'd suggest sending me a friend request through Discord and leave me a message request if possible with details or any questions you might have. Please understand in the coming week or two, I could be processing multiple conversations with others who might be interested in this position on the team to give everyone a fair shot at the position. We will keep everyone updated and even if we decide to go with someone else, we'll always let people know if we went with someone else instead kindly.

Discord tag: messystudios

If you'd like to get a visual idea of what the project looks like or try the game out, you can check it out on our Substar or Itch page for free. (Take note that currently our development build not released has the finalized gui and more within the game.)

https://subscribestar.adult/messyacademy
https://messy-studios.itch.io/messy-academy