Artist looking to work on a SMALL(ish) VN project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Relit

Artist looking to work on a SMALL(ish) VN project

#1 Post by Relit »

Hi! I'm looking to work on a short VN. MAX a total of three hours playtime! Around one hour or less preferred.
I don't want to commit to something too large to handle. The project should be finished sometime during this summer. No huge plans please!

I'm mainly an artist and you can see some of my shiz over at http://alexistar.livejournal.com. I've mastered acceptable(?) anatomy & CG skills and I do understand the importance of resolution and size etc.. My favourite genres are horror and romance/ero. If you have a horror script or a romantic horror script I'm going to melt. Oh and I accept GxB, BxG, GxG, BxB(EXTRA LOVE FOR BxB)... any kind of lovestory!

I love the traditional anime lolita style but I'm very flexible. What I love to draw most is attractive men.
Last edited by Relit on Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Artist looking to work on a SMALL VN project

#2 Post by curry nochi rice »

would you work on a romantic-comedy project that involves 4 heroines in a 4-day game scenario. in a setting the involves gods, devils, elves, spirits, espers and magicians (like the back-story would be covered, it's pretty impossible) and some pretty intense drama cg's???

but, i think i can't get the dialogue and scripts done though...but the gme plans are already set....i'm just missing the dialogue, and one of the writer's script...jeez
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Relit

#3 Post by Relit »

curry nochi rice wrote:would you work on a romantic-comedy project that involves 4 heroines in a 4-day game scenario. in a setting the involves gods, devils, elves, spirits, espers and magicians (like the back-story would be covered, it's pretty impossible) and some pretty intense drama cg's???

but, i think i can't get the dialogue and scripts done though...but the gme plans are already set....i'm just missing the dialogue, and one of the writer's script...jeez
I don't know. Have you finished any games before? Do you have anything to show me? I don't want to work on a project that is likely to be scrapped. When you say you can't get the dialogue and scripts done it makes me sceptical.
Also, your profile says you're only 16 so I'm a bit worried you'll take things too lightly and not get things done :C

I don't mean to be rude in any way, I'm just tired of working on projects that never get finished.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

You do realize that it'll probably take over two years for an artist/writer team to make a visual novel with three hours of game time, right? Unless you're going to cut a lot of corners on the art...

Relit

#5 Post by Relit »

3 hours is the max lenght I'm willing to do art for. In case someone's already gotten really far on a game and only needs art I could assist, but only if the game was a maximum of three hours long because otherwise I suspect 20+ backgrounds and far too many pieces of artwork would be needed. FAR TOO MANY.

If I put my all to it I could probably deal with material for 3 hours this spring/summer. Less is however preferred. Much less.

IceD
Veteran

Re: Artist looking to work on a SMALL(ish) VN project

#6 Post by IceD »

I'm glad to see someone taking game developement here in a serious matter. If things were different, I'd propably be willing to ask for your help, but your art style and technique differs to much from our set one, although you said you like themes which aren't unfamiliar for our team :) and that's good. Anyway, if you are here because You'd like to join and work with others or just contribute art for a certain project, you likely find something to your liking.

I've been to your journal, yet I haven't seen any anime/manga styled art, instead mostly anthropomorfic art. If that's what you do the best, few people here were already in terms of starting projects with such subjects. They might get interested :)

Relit

#7 Post by Relit »

IceD: I don't normally draw furries. At all. What you see there is a theme going on because I intended to make some money over at FurAffinity. What I draw most of is Resident Evil/ Devil may Cry fanart etc.! Yet no supermanga there, no. But as I said I'm very flexible.

Thank you c:

HEY WAIT A MINUTE I put up previews of a really shoujo vampire comic thing I made a while ago on there! You must've missed those.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#8 Post by curry nochi rice »

Relit wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:would you work on a romantic-comedy project that involves 4 heroines in a 4-day game scenario. in a setting the involves gods, devils, elves, spirits, espers and magicians (like the back-story would be covered, it's pretty impossible) and some pretty intense drama cg's???

I don't know. Have you finished any games before? Do you have anything to show me? I don't want to work on a project that is likely to be scrapped. When you say you can't get the dialogue and scripts done it makes me sceptical.
Also, your profile says you're only 16 so I'm a bit worried you'll take things too lightly and not get things done :C

I don't mean to be rude in any way, I'm just tired of working on projects that never get finished.
i guess you're right, it may be scrapped....or not if I'll write everything alone.....
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#9 Post by linkdragon0 »

I have a really short VN done in story, I can take the battle part out of it and re do it in story form. It's really short. Has 4 characters (and some abomination thing) and takes place in a warehouse so not many BKGS. If you wanna do some art for it tell me and I'll pm you what you need.

I'm not sure if you'll be interested though, but it is done except for that small part. And I may or may not make a sequel.

PM me if you're interested.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

Relit

#10 Post by Relit »

Project found!

IceD
Veteran

#11 Post by IceD »

Good luck then. If you have something ready for view, please - share it with us :)