School's Out! GxB / GxG

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

Re: School's Out! GxB / GxG

#76 Post by sayuri »

I'm following, and this pleases me ^_^.

God, I keep on telling people "I don't get the appeal of meganes" but I have a feeling I'm going for Alessandro first >.<

LittleSora10
Projects: Teach Me! (GxB Visual Novel)

#77 Post by LittleSora10 »

I'd like to say I'm still following but I've only just come across this :oops:

Anyway this game looks amazing and I will start following it from now on :D

aya001
Regular

#78 Post by aya001 »

Still following it, I hope that the coding of the game and the script is going smoothly ^^

And how are you doing with the CG&BG artist, got someone?

Keep going the good work ^^

Nagu

#79 Post by Nagu »

looks really cool so far ~
plus, all those guys are just TOO fine xDD
wish you the best!
Working on my own VN right now. wohoo! :D
http://nagusame.deviantart.com
SOMETIMES my english is really awful.
Pero hablo y escribo español xD

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#80 Post by Chansel »

@sayuri: …Meganes? Uhm, I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the term ^^” Is it one of those manga stereotype things? Because it does ring a bell somewhere in the back of my head… But I always forget them >.<

@LittleSora10: Yay! Thanks :) I’ll do my best to make the game as good as possible.

@aya001: I’m not really focusing on the coding right now, to be honest. More on the writing and the making of the menu’s. It has had ugly menu’s long enough now >.<
And alas, the BG artist I found before isn’t working with me anymore. It seemed he was more busy with other stuff then he had thought and simply didn’t have enough time *sigh*. On the bright side, I found some pretty awesome bg’s online that I’m now going to use :) I’m still missing one of the inside of a (school)bus and a bus stop. So, if you (or anyone else?) happens to know where I can find a drawn picture of those two things, let me know and I’ll love you forever.
As for the CG artist, haven’t got one. Though I haven’t been actively looking, since I’m still figuring out exactly how many CG’s I want. Right now I’m thinking 3 per character (so 12 in total), but I’m having trouble deciding on which scenes I want CG’s for XD Preferably for all of them, but I can’t really ask an artist to draw 12 to ?? Cg’s… Or maybe I can… Ah, now I’m rambling. Sorry :P

@Nagu: Ah, thank you :) I’m quite proud of EriDaiho’s artwork. She’s an amazing artist. And, speaking of good artists, your signature says you’re looking to work on a Otome game? Well, I’m making an otome game. And I’m looking for an artist to do Kimiko’s art (1 pose, 5 expressions, several outfits (shirt and pants on separate layers) and several hairstyles). Hmm… Maybe, if you’re interested, we could work something out? ^^

Xx
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#81 Post by broken_angel »

I'm watching this, too, now. >D

A megane is, yes, a manga stereotype.
As I understand it, it refers to the classic glasses-wearing guy (where wearing glasses is one of his defining characteristics, not just an accessory).

CGs are expensive, so yeah...the less you have to commission, the better on your wallet, unfortunately. ^^; 12 is quite a few as it is. Unless, of course, you can find a super nice artist who will make them for free (if so, share their name with the rest of us who are going broke from buying art :lol: ).

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#82 Post by gekiganwing »

broken_angel wrote:A megane is, yes, a manga stereotype.
As I understand it, it refers to the classic glasses-wearing guy (where wearing glasses is one of his defining characteristics, not just an accessory).
That's similar to Wikipedia's definition at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meganekko The entry on TVTropes at http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Meganekko uses the term for a much wider variety of media.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#83 Post by sayuri »

My understanding was that meganekko was solely feminine, while megane was the more broad, masculine term. Anywho, my point is I'm very much liking Alessandro's design, lol.

maypaymusic
Regular

#84 Post by maypaymusic »

*drools when she sees sakuya* why are all sakuyas so hot? like the one in kaikan phrase and then this one xD damn! can't wait for this! good luck!
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

Chansel
Veteran

#85 Post by Chansel »

@ broken_angel: You’re right that CG’s are expensive. And alas, but I haven’t found someone who wants to do them for free :’( If only… I may have found someone who’s willing to draw 1 CG though, so at least I have a start :)

@ sayuri: Hehe, thanks :) Alessandro is rather hot indeed.

@maypaymusic: *gasp* There’s another Sakuya out there? I’ll google him immediately. Oh, wow. He IS hot indeed. Hmm… Maybe Sakuya is just a hot name? Like Alistair? All Alistairs I’ve ever encountered in games were hot as well.

@everyone: Thanks for explaining about Megane’s. I’ll try not to forget this time :P
Also, I haven’t heard back from EriDaiho yet, so I’m still waiting for the final version of Alessandro’s sprite. But I assure you, it’s coming!

Xx

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#86 Post by Cain0425 »

how long do you think it will till we see a demo?

Chansel
Veteran

#87 Post by Chansel »

That's a very good question.
It mainly depends on the artists I've hired, to be honest. Because I've got most of the intro written out, and that will be the demo.
So, yeah :P
My guess is somewhere between now and two months?

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by Cain0425 »

well that good i was think was going to have to wait 6 mouth or so

irbis96

#89 Post by irbis96 »

o.O Kai looks cool haha XD
oh well,the characters are awesome and the idea i cool too,so all i have to do now is to wait for the project to be finished!!!('though it's hard ^^; )
good luck!

Chansel
Veteran

#90 Post by Chansel »

Good news!
I’ve found an awesome artist who’s going to do Kimiko’s art =D
So hip, hip, hurray for charmwitch!!

(Wow, now THAT was a short update ^^”)
Xx