Galaxy Angel A New Dawn Update and recrutement station

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
SaberXJ
Regular

Galaxy Angel A New Dawn Update and recrutement station

#1 Post by SaberXJ »

O.k. guys Saber here and as you know I'm working on a NEW Galaxy Angel game with the same old characters except with a few new twists and turns Well I'm gonna go ahead and fill you in on whats bean happening and what we've accomplished so far. 8)

1) We have all the old Character sprites and backgrounds from the first and the second games witch makes are job A WHOLE LOT easier!

2) We have all the BGM's from the first and second games.

3) Iv got the sound effects and what not.

4) and Iv written about 1/30 of the game so its not going very fast (because I only have ONE other person working on this with me!!!)

now here's a list of what we still need to do.

* Type Script
* Write Mint's rout X2- done half
* Write Ranpha's rout X2
* Write Milfie's rout X2
* Write Forte's rout X2
* Write Vanilla's rout X2
* Write Encrypted Audio logs
* Tact's OP rout (Animation)
* Sneak mode scripting
* Battle mode scripting
* Animation
* Defining script things (like characters and pictures)
* Drawing the CG
* Customize Choice menus
* Improve Alastor Sprites
* Draw Elena Sprites
* Draw Striker Sprites
* Draw Rush Sprites (Alastors Grandfather)
* Draw Grunt Sprites
* Draw Dad Sprites
* editing voices
* Animating Alastors special OP
* Write All game Endings X7
* Make CG gallery

Now of course We at Project-Dawn are still recruiting so Here are all the positions that REALLY NEED to be filled

Animator(s)
Artist(s)
*Alastor Sprites
*Elina Sprites
*Grunt Sprites
*Dad Sprites
*Rush Sprites
*Striker Sprites
*Background Art
*CG
Voice Actor's
*Elina's voice (Female)
*Grunt Voice (Male)
*Grunt2 Voice (Male)
*Rush's Voice (Male)
*Strikers Voice (Male)
*AI1 Voice (Female)
*AI2 Voice (Male)
*Alastors Voice (Male)
*Note* That all Voice overs will need to be in Japanese but you only need to speak the lines I give you so you don't need ANY knowledge WHAT SO EVER of Japanese to do this role.
Advanced Scripter(s) (someone who knows how to write battle code *turn-based is O.k. but we would prefer someone who knows how to write real-time*)
Tester(s) (pretty much self explanatory)
Author(s)
*Chapter Idea helper(s) (basically we all sit in a chat room all day and come up with ideas for the story line for each character)

And that's whats needed rite now you can sign up by sending me an Email at saberxj@hotmail.com

here are a few web pages (if your interested) that are dedicated to this project
http://vndb.org/v4283
http://project-dawn.webs.com/
http://galaxy-angel.wikia.com/wiki/Gala ... _Dawn_Wiki

and That's it so PLEAS EMAIL ME AND HELP we only have 2 members at the moment and we are in DIRE need of help so pleas help me by joining Me And Project-Dawn!

Also if you just want to post Ideas for the chapters then that's fine too so go ahead and post post post!!!
Last edited by SaberXJ on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: Galaxy Angel A New Dawn Update and recrutement station

#2 Post by sheetcakeghost »

This looks interesting, but your lack of proper spelling has me a tad apprehensive. I can lend my voice, but only if the game itself doesn't have as many errors as this post does.

shahab96
Veteran

#3 Post by shahab96 »

I can help you with
* Defining script things (like characters and pictures)
* customizing the game details (In Game Buttons, Text Bar, menus, ecet)
* Customize Choice menus
As well as voice acting (since I do have moderate knowledge of japanese, i can also suggest better lines to say.)
Just PM me.
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

Strum
Veteran

#4 Post by Strum »

Not bad, not bad at all. A quick question, do you intend to use the Galaxy Angel textbox or are you going to stick to the default renpy textbox that you're currently using? I think your game would look better if you use the Galaxy Angel textbox instead of the basic renpy one (makes your game look more authentic). I can provide the graphics and write the code if you want. However, its a simple job which I'm sure you can easily handle.

SaberXJ
Regular

#5 Post by SaberXJ »

hahahahahahaha not as easy as you may think Im not so good at programing but Iv got someone on it and Iv alredy riped all of the sprites/sound efects/Bgms/labels and what not but Go ahead and do it Ill check and see whos is beter kk and Id apprisiate it if you could (PS I know there are misspellings but that is because Im typeing fast and am in a rush ok thank you!)

Strum
Veteran

#6 Post by Strum »

Code: Select all

style.window.background = im.Alpha("transparent.png", 0.5)
style.window.foreground = Image("outlines.png")
That's pretty much it, the foreground is the out line of the text window that's not transparent.

Where as the background is the transparent part. Change the 0.5 to adjust the transparency, 0.5 means at 50%. Play around until the transparancy looks as close to the original as possible

After that, you'll have to fiddle about with the

style.window.left_margin = ???
style.window.right_margin = ???
style.window.top_margin = ???
until the two images are properly alligned to the bottom of the screen. Then your game will look something like...

As you can see, changing your text window dramatically enchances the quality of your game. Ofcourse, with a more complex text window you have more work to do. Work such as altering you character definitions.

A simple

$ M = Character('Mint', color="#ffffff")
won't be enough anymore, what you need to do now is...

$ M = Character('Mint',color="#ffffff",xpos=???, ypos=???, bold=False,window_left_padding=???,show_side_image=Image("Mint Face.png", xpos=???, ypos=???), ctc = ctcicon, ctc_position = "fixed")
Again, you'll need to fiddle about with the varibles until everything is in the right place. The first set of xpos and ypos determine where the character's name appears. You want to try and align it into the green area. The second set determines where the picture of the face goes. Try to align it to the small box on the left. The windows_left_padding determines where the text starts from, try to align it into the text box.

After that, there's also the matter of assigning functions to the buttons in your textbox, but I'll leave that to your programmer. If you find yourself stuck post a reply I'm sure I or someone here will post a code for you to use.

As for your 3D space battle engine...that's way out of my league. I don't think anyone has pulled that off using renpy just yet. So if you do, it'll be a first.

shahab96
Veteran

#7 Post by shahab96 »

strum wrote:

$ M = Character('Mint',color="#ffffff",xpos=???, ypos=???, bold=False,window_left_padding=???,show_side_image=Image("Mint Face.png", xpos=???, ypos=???), ctc = ctcicon, ctc_position = "fixed")
Again, you'll need to fiddle about with the varibles until everything is in the right place. The first set of xpos and ypos determine where the character's name appears. You want to try and align it into the green area. The second set determines where the picture of the face goes. Try to align it to the small box on the left. The windows_left_padding determines where the text starts from, try to align it into the text box.

After that, there's also the matter of assigning functions to the buttons in your textbox, but I'll leave that to your programmer. If you find yourself stuck post a reply I'm sure I or someone here will post a code for you to use.
:) . Don't worry about that. I've got all of it handled, although getting the xpos and ypos exactly right was pretty painstaking :mrgreen:

Strum
Veteran

#8 Post by Strum »

Yup, but the good news is, you only need to figure it out once. Then after that, you just copy and paste the code for each new character. The only change being the name and face sprite. The narrator will also need a character decleration too or else the text placement will be messed up during the narration. Declare using a blank name and a blank face sprite.

I just noticed but, the name of the location appears in the top left corner at all times except during event CGs and space battles. That's something else to think about.

One more thing, the ctcicon refers to the blinking arrow at the bottom right corner. Your code won't work unless you add...

$ ctcicon = Animation("Arrow.png", 0.5, "Empty.png", 0.5, xpos=???, ypos=???)
Where arrow.png is the arrow sprite and empty is a blank sprite. The 0.5 is the time interval of the arrow blinking, change it if you feel you need to. The x and y pos refers to the co-ords at the bottom right of the textbox.

shahab96
Veteran

#9 Post by shahab96 »

yeah. I've used 0.5 anyway since it's not too frequent yet not too slow. half a second is the perfect time for these things.

SaberXJ
Regular

#10 Post by SaberXJ »

this is EXSTREEMLY GOOD Im going to go ahead and upload a trial virsion of the game and Ill poast a link here so you guys can go ahead and work on that kk link -----------> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7EUAH3A8 (Remember this is only for Windows ok!)

Strum
Veteran

#11 Post by Strum »

I've taken a look at the original Galaxy Angel and boy you're in for a rough ride. The load and save menu's will have to be completely overhauled. You'll need to disable rollback and implement a readback function to match the original (someone has already done something similar a long time ago so it is possible) Adding auto and hide mode to the textbox should be easy enough though. Looking at the original, things are going to get messy with all the customisation that's going to be needed. I shall take a stab at changing the textbox for you as agreed upon and upload the game as soon as I'm done. As a little extra, I'll also add the location sign to your game as well. After that its all down to your other staff (looks at shahab96). Unless of course you feel the need for my services again. Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed article.

Modifications are now complete....
Are you sure the graphics you gave me are an accurate rip? I tried overlapping lester's face over the face textbox and it wasn't an accurate fit. Infact it barely made it in there. If the faces don't fit in the face window, that's going to give you nightmares later on.

Before

After

Yes I know I used the wrong face for the textbox. But since I didn't get Alastar's face I had to make do with Lester's face instead.
Last edited by Strum on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

SaberXJ
Regular

Q

#12 Post by SaberXJ »

Im aware of these things unfortunatly other than you and the other guy here I dont have many programers in fact me and my Partner are the only ones working on this and hes just a "Author" (not realy the only thing hes done with makeing a VN is helping me write this one) so I was wondering if both of you could stay on and work with us even if its just in your free time? if so YOU WILL be duely credditted so even if its only in your free time Id be gratefull just knowing that the game is being worked on because rite now weve hit a dead end you see this is the problem:.............

you remember the first choice you got in my "Trial game" well it asked you if you wanted to play "Alastors Light" or "Tact Light" (Im still working on those) well "Alastor" is a new Character I have introduced as a pilot of his own hand made Emblem Frame also there are a couple new characters like "Elena", "Striker","Grunt","Rush", ect. plus there are a couple new locations in this game since 1/3 of the game will take place on a planet (Alastors play through only but its his home planet you see b4 the "Chrono Quake" an expidition team was sent out to gather information on new planets but b4 this expidition team could return the "Chrono Quake" hit and they were stranded on that planet for 600 years)but thats not the problem this is:.......

#1. ok I have compleetly writen Alastors first episode (Im writeing the game into 3 episodes or 3 difernt games. begining, middle, and end this way its not so big and its easyer to download) you with me so far? so Iv compleetly finished writeing it BUT I HAVE NO ART FOR IT hahahahahahahahahahaha XD but listen to this:..................

#2. I have all the ART for Tacts playthrough but I HAVENT WRITEN IT YET! hHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! XD (Pleas excuse bad spelling I have stayed up all nite untill around 7:30 and I just woke up now at 9:18 so Im very tiered)

so you see were at an impass untill I ither get ART or WRITE Tacts playthrough the game isnt going anywhare so if you could help ID REALY REALY APRESIATE IT

AND IM SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING IM SOOOOOOOO TIERED RITE NOW!!!!!!!!

Strum
Veteran

#13 Post by Strum »

I don't mind helping out. So, what would you like me and shahab96 to now? I took care of the textbox and shahab96 is offering to do those menus and stuff.

SaberXJ
Regular

#14 Post by SaberXJ »

for now I want you to go fallow these insturctions
#1 go to your email and join my website
#2 make a acount at my website
#3 once at my website and after youv made your acout meat me in "Meatings" it there should be a link on the left hand side of my site that says "Meatings" go there and sign in with your chattango acount if you dont have one its free (you see we use IM or a chat room to talk with one another) but first I need your email ^_^;

SaberXJ
Regular

#15 Post by SaberXJ »

I need your email so I can invite you to join our website so you can come into the "Meatings" room where we all talk so you can keep us informed kk :)