People living near Japan - Are you ok?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: People living near Japan - Are you ok?

#16 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I just read the newspaper today! :O
That nuclear power plant exploded, right? And the nuclear reactor might go "meltdown". I don't really know much about nuclear plants (we DO have a nuclear plant here in the Philippines, but it was left unused :C) but if anything happens, I hope nobody gets hurt D:

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#17 Post by kinougames »

If anyone wants to help and also get art, KinouGames' main character artist is holding a "Commissions For Japan" Event over here:

Donate and receive a sketch portrait!

You can also donate to your charity of choice, I believe, and give her the confirmation, or you can send it to her paypal which will be forwarded to the Red Cross.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

J. Datie
Veteran

#18 Post by J. Datie »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I just read the newspaper today! :O
That nuclear power plant exploded, right? And the nuclear reactor might go "meltdown". I don't really know much about nuclear plants (we DO have a nuclear plant here in the Philippines, but it was left unused :C) but if anything happens, I hope nobody gets hurt D:
According to NHK, the first and third reactors have probably started to melt, but the radiation is still contained. I believe the building where the explosion was did not contain a reactor.
DaFool wrote:It's like watching the movie 2012
Yeah, it sucks pretty bad.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#19 Post by PyTom »

For reliable news on the nuclear issues, check out:

http://www.iaea.org/

That's the UN agency in charge of atomic energy, which serves as a clearinghouse for information exchange. For background information, check out:

http://www.nei.org/newsandevents/inform ... hat-region

That's the trade organization of the nuclear power plants in the US - so they're biased, but they seem to be posting diagrams and such that might be hard to get elsewhere.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#20 Post by Aleema »

DaFool wrote:It's like watching the movie 2012
Or more accurately, "Nihon Chinbotsu/Japan Sinks." Was that tasteless? It's Japan's quintessential disaster movie ...

Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

#21 Post by Chu-3 »

I watched nhk through ustream 24 hours and the chief secretary told that the third unit of 1st reactor is not functioning well to and might explode like the previously 1st unit.As far there are 6 units that lost the cooling down function '1,2,3 unit of 1st reactor and 1,2,4 unit of 2nd reactor. Radiation at 1st reactor was low down after the explode, but now seems to get high again. And the Japanese government told that their budget is not enough to handle all this catastrophe =/

*though seems people at tokyo live normally.

ah and seems radiation around other nuclear plant at miyagi shows unusual number too, though the government told that it is not because of the plant itself.

the explode was only an explosion at the front wall, not the reactor itself, because of the contamination of hydrogen and oxygen.

ah and seems there is a crack at tokyo bigsight too....

Celestie
Veteran

#22 Post by Celestie »

Well, it is no use panicking, so people do try to have a bit or normalty in their daily lives, it's sort of another part and way of self-protection and self-preservation, especially mentally speaking.

Those radiations in Miyagi are supposed to come from the slightly contaminated steams they have leaked to lower the pressure in those reactors and that have been carried there by the wind.

On another, rather wry note, Kagamine Rin's (Vocaloid) "Meltdown" is basically becoming true. Okay, she sings about entering the reactor core as it would melt her being and enable a new beginning...but it's there. The video contains snipplets of a countdown and something that looks a bit like a reactor as she dives down there.

Let's hope there will be a new, better beginning, but without the meltdown. If the meltdown works all the way through, let's pray for the fewest amount of causalities. It's just so frustrating Japan doesn't get a break at all. It isn't getting better...

And I worry about my second host family. Their town got hit by a wave, it wasn't as strong as the one around Sendai but it was destructive...
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#23 Post by KomiTsuku »

And now there is a volcano going off, which may hinder my ability to make it back home. >.<;

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... lders.html

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#24 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I'm so sad T^T
and there's one of my family in Japan! we're not close though, but he's work there.
I hope he's okay...

and I never think I'll say this word "damn!"
there's some crazy ppl in youtube that say the earthquake and even tsunami didn't happen at all.
many trolls commenting on the youtube video. >A<
I'm so angry at them! they said it's just government strategy or something etc.
just crazy, I didn't know there's such cold people!
I got whipped up and ends up fighting those comment,and there's this one crazy person too.
He really crazy and don't have any heart DX

...... sorry, but they're really making me sick.
I'm giving my prayers for people in Japan, I hope those people okay.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#25 Post by cloudyssky »

Of all the videos I've seen of the devastation, this one hit home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-zfCBCq-8I

We must remember though that millions of lives were saved by Japanese architecture that prevents buildings from falling over during an Earthquake. I think we are all very fortunate that the Japanese were very prepared for such a disaster (or at least more prepared than others). As soon as I get my next pay check I'll be donating what I can to the Red Cross.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#26 Post by Elenakiara »

While I'm including the people who have and are suffering through this, I'd like to also send my support to the animals there. So many pets have died when Katrina hit New Orleans and I'm sure that their death toll has risen quite high there too. >.< They're so vulnerable too.
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Celestie
Veteran

#27 Post by Celestie »

Well, I still don't know anything about my second host family but my friend's second host family of the same city is alright, just their house is pretty damaged. So I hope my family is fine as well. I doubt I can ask my friend to ask them, after all, they are short on power and supplies and anything.

Let's look at the bright side after finding so many corpses: there ARE survivors...just rarely out of the tsunami areas.

I am really worried about the radiation problem. Because radiation is long-lasting, so goddamn long-lasting. D: I wanted to have some future with Japan-related...something. As future job I mean.

I know this sounds very mean and I am ashamed myself but I can't deny having though wryly of t: Now the population density in Japan is a bit....less dense? That comes from trying to think positively. It's cruel, isn't it? TAT
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Avaible
Regular

#28 Post by Avaible »

I know this sounds very mean and I am ashamed myself but I can't deny having though wryly of t: Now the population density in Japan is a bit....less dense? That comes from trying to think positively. It's cruel, isn't it? TAT
It's the truth Celestie, one can't deny the facts without being irrational.
But even if there were 100k casualties (there are far less, fortunately), Japan still has more than 120 million inhabitants, so in the big picture they will barely make a difference in that aspect.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#29 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

You know what?
This whole incident is really pissing me off.

There are these dudes (sorry I really don't know their names) who have started text scares. They said that the radiation would reach our country and it would cause acid rains, so we should stay inside when it rains. OR ELSE, we'll have our heads shaved off, have our skin burned or cancer. Classes are even cancelled because of that damn text.

But you know what? It didn't fool me. It says " a nuclear power plant exploded in Fukumi, Japan. " I said to myself, "duuur, there's no such place in Japan as Fukumi, it's Fukushima."

These dudes are playin' off with everybody when serious things are going on. Are these things happening there too?

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Celestie wrote: On another, rather wry note, Kagamine Rin's (Vocaloid) "Meltdown" is basically becoming true. Okay, she sings about entering the reactor core as it would melt her being and enable a new beginning...but it's there. The video contains snipplets of a countdown and something that looks a bit like a reactor as she dives down there.
I feel better knowing that I wasn't the only who thought about this song orz

But seriously, I think people are just blowing this out of proportion. Just be concerned about the people who have been affected and who might be affected (due to the radiation, new body findings, etc).
deviantART
---------------------