The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

#1 Post by Corynth »

“If everything you thought you knew turned out to be a lie and even your very identity wasn’t what you thought, how would you react? Would you strive to surpass the goals set by strangers or just give up? Would you continue on the path set before you or chart your own course?

These are the questions Kyria finds herself plagued with when she finds herself thrust into a new town and her life in danger. When she meets the four young men that call themselves the ‘Paladins of Power’ her world get turned even more upside down. They give her an ultimatum from a mysterious man known only as ‘The Advisor’: either she becomes worthy of wielding an item of great power or held responsible for the world being destroyed by the four elements themselves. Should she agree she would be under the protection and tutelage of the four paladins, each of which has their own beliefs regarding what would make her worthy as well as their own agendas.

As she finds herself juggling school work and ‘training’, your choices will determine whether she lives, dies, finds love or lies and betrayal… Her future is in your hands.”

The Keeper is a non-commercial GxB stat based vn currently being made by the super slow duo of 15385bic and I. I will be covering the writing and any scripting and 15385bic will be doing the sprite and cg work. It will probably take a very long time to reach completion, but is steadily being worked on.

The completed vn is going to be four broader paths with five proper endings each, not counting death endings and spanning three in-game months. It is primarily a visual NOVEL with stats so it will be very story orientated(which is the main cause of the projected length)

The game engine being used is Novelty

edit:
These are three minigames that are going to be used in the game(they're at a smaller size than will be used so the images may look odd scaled down) :

swimming: Kyria is swimming in the pool. Kai has the wave controls and uses them against her if she slows down. Basically press the buttons that appear to adjust her speed ad try to get her to the other side as quickly as possiblehttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=XR1MAKDS

Bounce: Catch and throw the ball three times to get as much bounce out of it as you can.http://www.mediafire.com/?s0a4j9q0524ooqi

Magic: Catch the blue energy ball with your red one. Use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to adjust speed and the left and right arrows to adjust the balls direction. Use space to release your ball. Your points depend on how many balls you use.http://www.mediafire.com/?1wz1872rhyeoa21

They're still in beta mode so we're looking for beta testers. Basically play and critique them. The difficulties are not set in stone(they're all extremely easy in my opinion) so feel free to ask us to adjust them. Also if anything reacts in a way that seems like a bug or just plain wrong please inform us so we can correct them.

They're called "Not So Crappy Looking MiniGames", because without images I had them named "Crappy Looking MiniGames". Maximum points in any game is 5.

edit(16/12/2011):
Because the engine is Novelty DIRECTX9 is required to play it(if you've got 10 or higher you can still install 9 because they work independantly of each other). You can either download the latest redist or (if you already have DIRECTX9, don't want to download the entire redist and you get this error:"The program can't start because d3dx9_37.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.") you can download d3dx9_37.dll and place it in the game folder

Link for the redist:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Last edited by Corynth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

falsedelusion
Regular

Re: The Keeper

#2 Post by falsedelusion »

finally i see the wip thread for it XD!

and i was just joking with bic, you're a team of two slowpokes lol

but wow, so.. you're having 20 proper endings altogether? o_O

POST PICTURES! I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by 15385bic »

should prob link some images and maybe the logo ^^

anyways - some of you guys have prob seen some of my pics floating around before

and main characters are posted here
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 26&t=10929
I will be doing second poses and other characters that wont be free to use ^^' unlike these ones

I'll get the logo up laters

falsedelusion
Regular

#4 Post by falsedelusion »

darn you bic, post something i havent seen before XD!

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#5 Post by JustAnotherMe »

WOHOOO!!! I'll wait for this as long as it takes!!! XDDD
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by 15385bic »

falsedelusion wrote:darn you bic, post something i havent seen before XD!
lol - yeah not happening - takes the fun out of unlocking the CG's
JustAnotherMe wrote:WOHOOO!!! I'll wait for this as long as it takes!!! XDDD
thanks! =D
it may be a LONG LONG time though DX

Corynth
Regular

#7 Post by Corynth »

15385bic wrote:
JustAnotherMe wrote:WOHOOO!!! I'll wait for this as long as it takes!!! XDDD
thanks! =D
it may be a LONG LONG time though DX
I second that

Oh and here's the logo

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#8 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh my, YES! I want to see this developing into a game until the end, and I don't mind Novelty, I guess. Only I'm still learning how to understand and use it properly.

For now, I like the synopsis, arts (of course) and also, the logo, it's really nice to look at! I hope we can see more characters soon!

Good luck to all of you!

falsedelusion
Regular

#9 Post by falsedelusion »

fufufu
I love the logo design~ 8D

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#10 Post by icebluehost »

OMG I don't care how long this takes as long as you actually finish it in the end!! With that kind of art (and a pretty interesting storyline too of course) I will wait for as long as I'm still alive to play this game!! (is swooning over green haired guy...Lee right? Right. And your female MC looks so pretty and kick-ass at the same time <3 <3)

So you better finish this game or else!!! *gets pitchforks*

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by 15385bic »

falsedelusion wrote:darn you bic, post something i havent seen before XD!
some more characters that appear in the vn

fire guy 1
the fire is still WIP ^^'
he's suppose to be a fire user - so am trying to draw flames that will suit &gt;3&gt;
he's suppose to be a fire user - so am trying to draw flames that will suit >3>
and FalseDelusions' Grey makes a star appearance
as a butler XD
(he's damn cute though)
butler? yup ;)
butler? yup ;)
and the mysterious character Reiyd
STill WIP as well ^^' im not satisfied with his colouring or clothes yet >3< (his base is completely nude though - no pants 8D fufufufu)
he's my character and i keep spelling his name wrong Q.Q
he's my character and i keep spelling his name wrong Q.Q

icebluehost wrote:OMG I don't care how long this takes as long as you actually finish it in the end!! With that kind of art (and a pretty interesting storyline too of course) I will wait for as long as I'm still alive to play this game!! (is swooning over green haired guy...Lee right? Right. And your female MC looks so pretty and kick-ass at the same time <3 <3)

So you better finish this game or else!!! *gets pitchforks*
LOL! no probs - we both promised to work on it till we're old and grey if need be XD ....so put away the pitchfork?

OH! and still looking for someone who can use GUI? and work with us for the text boxes etc? ^^

falsedelusion
Regular

#12 Post by falsedelusion »

haha, baddie is very baddie XD

im assuming he's gonna be tall right?
how do you guys plan on incorporating height into it?
i mean, grey essentially dwarfs the main guys' heights.. and if you make the main dude smaller to fit in tall guys like grey, it'll make them seem so small

<--having this problem right now lol

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by 15385bic »

falsedelusion wrote:haha, baddie is very baddie XD

i mean, grey essentially dwarfs the main guys' heights.. and if you make the main dude smaller to fit in tall guys like grey, it'll make them seem so small

the height thing? his head may be cut off and we zoom up on his face like we're looking up? i dont know QAQ - u and ur super tall characters

Corynth
Regular

#14 Post by Corynth »

falsedelusion wrote:haha, baddie is very baddie XD

In this vn there aren't going to be too many huge characters so making use of panning and zooming in or out makes sense. This is generally to show line of sight though, because if the character is standing next to the main character and ridiculously taller then she's going to have to look up(I also do this if she's sitting and another character is standing close by) or step back to see his face.

Oh and because there's technically four main dudes... Well five if you count the unlockable mystery man^^; How main they each are is a result of your choices... But you can't go through a playthrough and completely ignore any of the main four without damaging your own chances of a good ending.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by 15385bic »

Going through designing paladin weapons at the moment
am thinking
Azura = sword
Aiden = gun
Kai = Double blade/daggers
Lee = bow

although did go through the dilemma of whether lee and Kai should be switched as Kai is the wind element - and that'll suit him better than lee's earth =_=
in the end - i just went for "Lee looks good with a bow" >_>
And huh - doing that bow in a cg is probably gonna kill me &gt;_&gt;...i'll think about that later XD
And huh - doing that bow in a cg is probably gonna kill me >_>...i'll think about that later XD
Took elements of Lee's aura beast (Kilin) and element to design the bow
Magic created arrow and bow so he can pull it out of no where for convenience .
So - watcha think? too overdone? O_O or would he be better off with daggers?
Nah - kai's got the daggers - am definitely not redoing it ^^'
kai = dual daggers
kai = dual daggers
Azura - the most happy happy character ^^'
my creepy looking sword design &gt;_&gt;
my creepy looking sword design >_>
my sketches are so much better than my ugly computer drawings =A=
so i'm gonna stop trying to slack of with the sketch on paper process....hopefully