Search found 997 matches

by KomiTsuku
Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Unemployed... Should you get a job or Sell Visual Novel?
Replies: 41
Views: 8021

Re: Unemployed... Should you get a job or Sell Visual Novel?

The job market isn't as bleak as you seem to think it is, but I'm going to be the argumentative one and say go with the visual novel route. Sure, there's a 95% chance that you'll end up destitute, but there's always that 5% chance that you'll hit it big and be set. I get the feeling that you're prob...
by KomiTsuku
Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:59 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Otakon 2014
Replies: 3
Views: 1043

Re: Otakon 2014

Haha, same state I see. Surprised to meet a fellow Delawarean. Good luck, hope you can make it! I actually just moved out here a few months ago for my job. Dover is rather different than Omaha, and I'm still trying to find my way around here. They don't sell day passes. >.< I'm gonna have to see if...
by KomiTsuku
Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Otakon 2014
Replies: 3
Views: 1043

Re: Otakon 2014

I may be attending. My original plans for that weekend fell through, so I might make a road trip from Delware for Saturday of the convention.
by KomiTsuku
Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx
Replies: 39
Views: 6206

Re: AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx

sake-bento wrote:Dealer's Room Map: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3U3u8M ... RMd2c/edit

Our table is 113 waaaay in the back in the first aisle. Come say hi any time!
Who'd you upset to lose the space up front you had last year? O_O
by KomiTsuku
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:18 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: Is it possible to earn $5000 a month making visual novels?
Replies: 21
Views: 2839

Re: Is it possible to earn $5000 a month making visual novel

Everything is possible. However, it is a matter of luck when it comes to the creative arts industries. While there are a lot of things you can do to hedge your bets, you still never know exactly how the audience is going to react. While the ability to turn a profit is higher at the moment, don't exp...
by KomiTsuku
Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:44 am
Forum: Old Threads (– September 2014)
Topic: Logo artist needed [closed]
Replies: 0
Views: 415

Logo artist needed [closed]

Hey, folks. With things rapidly speeding up for Rising Angels: Fates, I realized we over looked the logo for the game. What I need: 1 logo with a transparent background to be used for Rising Angels: Fates. Looking for something fairly sharp with a sci-fi feel. Red, black, and gold for the color sch...
by KomiTsuku
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:11 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: Would you play commercial VN without voices?
Replies: 37
Views: 3821

Re: Would you play commercial VN without voices?

I honestly don't like voice acting most of the time. I'd rather just use the voices I have for them in my head. So, to answer the question, I would be happier with a commercial VN without voices that used the money for a good writer.
by KomiTsuku
Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx
Replies: 39
Views: 6206

Re: AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx

Once again, I will be leaving my secret bunker and will be amongst the attendees again (as well as Otakon).
by KomiTsuku
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:42 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Completed games increasing?
Replies: 11
Views: 1842

Re: Completed games increasing?

I think both lists are now hopelessly low, when it comes to the number of games released. There is a large fraction of the community that doesn't belong to LSF, and doesn't submit to games.renpy.org, and so the numbers don't increment when they release their games. I'd have to agree. I'd estimate t...
by KomiTsuku
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:15 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: Commission Woes
Replies: 77
Views: 7011

Re: Commission Woes

Just my input into this, but I've worked with them before in the past for a couple of logos, as well as an associate of mine. They were of satisfactory quality and the turnaround was a couple of hours, initial e-mail to delivered work with edits. Without a statement from MusicAO, I'm willing to give...
by KomiTsuku
Wed May 21, 2014 2:25 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: A crowdfunding campaign gone wrong...
Replies: 26
Views: 2913

Re: A crowdfunding campaign gone wrong...

The issue is that you can choose to receive no reward, which is what the person evidently did. In any normal case, this would mean that you are no obligated to give them anything since they selected the receive nothing option. The problem is that if you give them nothing, they might try to make a de...
by KomiTsuku
Fri May 16, 2014 7:04 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: PR nightmare: When indie devs are attacked
Replies: 35
Views: 3405

Re: PR nightmare: When indie devs are attacked

I'm sorry, but every time I hear people say to just have thick skin or ignore it, I want to bang my head. Even if they are trying to be positive in their critique, there's only so much you can take before it gets to you. “When they (critics) insult you, and they become the straw that broke the camel...
by KomiTsuku
Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 pm
Forum: Old Threads (– September 2014)
Topic: Light sci-fi backgrounds needed
Replies: 0
Views: 472

Light sci-fi backgrounds needed

http://www.idhasstudios.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/332xoh01.png Hello, folks, I'm back again with another set of commission requests. I am currently working on a remake for a science fiction visual novel, Rising Angels: The Red Rose , (RA: Hope is the new name) and need a set of backg...
by KomiTsuku
Tue May 06, 2014 5:35 pm
Forum: Creator Discussion
Topic: Selling out (theoretical discussion only)
Replies: 43
Views: 3800

Re: Selling out (theoretical discussion only)

Just do what I do and discreetly fund studios to make games you want to play. I've tried apprenticeships before, situations where I gave guidance on the finer points of development and funded the entire thing. People run off or lose interest and I'm stuck with a pile of resources and no time to use ...
by KomiTsuku
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am
Forum: Completed Games
Topic: Rising Angels: Reborn
Replies: 63
Views: 28594

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn

I wasn't implying that they should be written out. But so-called minor characters have at least some development. The characters in question, as used here, didn't do much to advance the plot or the development of other characters, meaning they're actually more like stock characters. When I was play...