Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
amekoi
Projects: Seasons of the Heart, Aileth
itch: amekoi

Re: Guestbook

#5041 Post by amekoi »

I can't believe I'm actually learning how to make my own otome game ^^ I've been playing them for so long~

This all started with the Pacthesis flash games... anyone else here a fan? They got me into otome games, but I didn't realise visual novels were a thing until Cinderella Phenomenon which I know is pretty late to the party haha. I was replaying Nusantara recently though and I love that game so much, it inspired me to start making my own ^^

Thankfully the time I put into using the Episode writing portal have made learning Ren'Py much easier to understand, so I'm relieved it isn't as complicated as I thought it would be - but I'm sure it's still super hard haha I just have yet to hit a serious setback yet :lol:

I have yet to make any social media specifically for amekoi, first I want to let myself learn and fail and maybe finish a small project first before I go making huge plans.

So far I'm having a lot of fun learning. I just need to go through the motions of learning how to draw anime/manga better and putting money towards a drawing tablet for my own art. For now I'm really happy with the free sprites the artists here have so kindly provided ^^ :)

angga105
Projects: Koi Dropout
Organization: Useless

#5042 Post by angga105 »

Hi everybody!. it is I! Most Useless Person in the world!,,

Haha, simple thing that i want to say from my experience for our fellows, i am a terrible person with no skill at anything except my terrifying wide of kinky idea. I am only view the world around me as a nothingness of singularity of paranoia. Whenever night comes, i'm awaken as a triangular spirit until, i've discover a new world "Visual Novel"..

At first, i though it is a waste of time dreaming. But it proved that i was wrong. Visual Novel let me enjoy the vast of knowledge and give me a chance to pleasure myself into the world of word. So far, it is no different from dangerous drug that makes you addictive but with no bad effect.

Indeed, it is amazing that i know this kind of thing was so badly popular recently in western. Now, it is my time to popular it to my own country.

Adios!
Useless human in the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

iesnoth
Tumblr: iesnoth
Deviantart: iesnoth

#5043 Post by iesnoth »

My name is Victoria, I'm currently living in India and working at an animation/art studio here.
We're looking into producing an Indian-inspired VN, but none of us are all that familiar with how to make one, which is why I'm here!

If anyone had tips, or really good VNs I can play, please let me know.

I'm an artist, and I post art on tumblr and deviantart @iesnoth.
I'm also a writer, though I haven't been published (yet).

I hope to learn from and get to know you all!

novajam

#5044 Post by novajam »

I'm novajam. I'm making a game. I've been lurking the recruitment board for a while and I've found some very co-operative talent there.

Tonko
Tumblr: sirtonko

#5045 Post by Tonko »

Hello there! I'm not someone that has played a lot of visual novels (Actually played just a few), but since I loved the way stories are told on these games, I've decided to make my own! The development hasn't even started yet, but I'm looking forward to do it soon ^^

Well, more about me... I'm a guy from Argentina, I love pets (specially cats), computers, cartoons... And many more stuff.

My dreams are to learn how to draw and/or play an instrument.

I like writing too, even if I haven't published any of my works yet (And they are also in Spanish, so yeah).

Anyway, nice to meet you all! ^^

Joshua McLean
Github: seciden
Soundcloud: joshuamclean17
itch: joshua-mclean

#5046 Post by Joshua McLean »

Hello world! I'm Joshua McLean, game composer, developer, and writer currently stuck in Northern Kentucky.

I'm wandering the internet in search of audio work. Action games are my thing, but I'm starting to get a bit more into visual novels. I think it would be awesome to write VN soundtracks. I have a strong technical background (degree in CS) and made an Ludum Dare game with Ren'Py, but my current focus is on music.

Check out my work here: http://mrjoshuamclean.com/

Hoping to meet cool people here and get more involved in Visual Novels in general. :)

RascalDevworks
Projects: Snowed IN, Catgirl's Questlist
itch: rascaldevworks

#5047 Post by RascalDevworks »

Hi there!

We're a new circle focused on quality lewd yuri visual novels.
Some of us have been around visual novels for quite a while, some of us are relatively new to the genre.

Nice to meet you all (again)!

PrxnceKxsses
Completed: None yet!
Projects: Painkiller

#5048 Post by PrxnceKxsses »

Hey!
I'm new to Ren'Py and I'm making games with my boyfriend. I'm not great at programming with Ren'Py yet, but I hope I can get better at it! Thanks! :D
New to coding, learning as I go :D

Ayael
Regular
Projects: Imperial Grace (on going), Autumn Spirit, Ballads at Midnight

#5049 Post by Ayael »

Hello everyone ! My online name is Ayael, I am from France! I register a while ago because I know the community is great and really helpful but I was a little too shy to post anything until now, so here I am !
I played A LOT of otome game, so I am trying to create mine from 3 years now, and will see what happened !

Have a nice day everybody !
Image Image

Dav
Regular
Projects: Fancy Future

#5050 Post by Dav »

Hello, i forgot to post here before posting elsewhere, my bad... I'm from france, you can call me dav, or cogitamoth, 35 years old retired PhD in Plant biology and bio-engineer.
I'm not (i WAS not, indeed) a visual novel player, but recently an online friend kinda hyped me to do an adult VN, as i have nothing to do for the next 2 years at least, i decided to go for it (i'm a bit like a bubble-child, i'm enclosed in my house and i can't meet other humans for a while because of immune system issues and bad meds tolerance, after a kidney transplant). Since my friend hyped me (15 days ago) i played to more than 50 visual novels, i did some market research, wrote the story and characters route according to the market research results... etc and now i'm beginning the code. I've been programing for years, but only in ASM and C, so the object oriented programing is new for me, as well as python itself.
So that's why i'm here, this board helped me A LOT (even if i think some post would need an "obsolete" tag in title, because i wasted some time following tutorials that in fact were outdated sadly).
This community is awesome, i heartily thank everyone there !
Have a good day !
Dav aka Cogitamoth.

costhief

#5051 Post by costhief »

im asher and im here to jump into coding after leaving for a little. im a rookie of courses so i'll definitely need help but please take care of me!! uwu

Serene Cat

#5052 Post by Serene Cat »

O. Hi there. I'm Cat/Serene depending on which name isn't in use by others. A friend linked me to this place after I brought up interest in becoming a hobbyist VA/improving my writing skills.

Facari

#5053 Post by Facari »

Hi everyone ! I'm just a french Rocket league player looking for something different to do ;)
I've only play Danganronpa yet but Vn seems very interesting. I like discover and do thing by my own so it's highly possible that i launch my own visual novel project soon (or at least try to create something not too bad)
It's the first time that i didn't enjoy something where u can't "try-hard", so we will see what will happens !
And sorry for my limited english ^^

Hearthrob

#5054 Post by Hearthrob »

Hello everyone. I'm Hearthrob. I'm from an England. I'm only got into VNs recently and I've only discovered this forum today. i hope to learn a lot of from all you.
All I want to get is a little bit... you know :wink:

cielle-amour
Projects: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Culdcept Revolt, Blade Strangers, RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore
Tumblr: cielle-amour

#5055 Post by cielle-amour »

Hiya, I'm Amour from California, US. I've been a long-time fan of VNs and in the gaming industry for a few years now, having worked on the official localization of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony and other games. I want to branch out to creating my own otome games, rhythm games, etc. or even working on character design art.

I've only discovered this forum today, but I hope I can learn a lot from this community. Thank you!
Twitter: cielle_amour