Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
wizzardx
Regular
Projects: An Ordinary Life, and various short Ar tonelico VNs

Re: Guestbook

#1576 Post by wizzardx »

I've been around for a while, but I don't think I've introduced myself before.

Normally I just post walls of text when I have a Ren'Py problem, or bother PyTom and some other regulars here. Thanks for being patient with me.

So I think it's about time to introduce myself here, and possibly get a little more involved in this forum's community 8)

My (nick)-name: Wizzardx

Website: My infrequently-updated blog is over here, and I run a video game fansite forum over here.

I don't know who or what Lemma Soft is, except that the Ren'Py users hang out on this forum :oops: .

More about myself: I'm a programmer (primarily Python) with a bunch of geeky interests (anime, manga, scifi, jrpgs, and general asian entertainment). Also, I mainly use Linux at home and work, and like to work on technical problems.

Surprisingly, I've barely ever played any VNs, and have spent a lot more time making VNs, rather than playing them. :roll: . I usually like to work on random programming-related projects, rather than spending time on entertainment.

One VN that was recommended to me (that I played through a tiny bit), for reference on an earlier VN project of mine, is something called Princess Waltz - they have some really nice special effects in there that I've tried to borrow in a past project, but which are pretty hard to achieve.

Also, I'm a major fan of the Ar tonelico game series, and most of my VNs are based on the series. You can find some of my previous (mostly very small) projects over here and here.

And of course, I'm a big Ren'Py fan. I could probably code up a lot of the stuff in Python+Pygame if I needed to, but sometimes I just want to work on a game project without spending 90% of my time on the engine and debugging. Ren'Py makes it a lot simpler :-). Thanks to it, most of my fangames these days are VNs.

In terms of work on my projects - normally I'm pretty lacking for art, story, and other creative details (my creativity = epic fail), so in my projects I usually borrow other people's stories or artwork, and handle the programming part.

Anyhow - my specialty is programming. If there's some Python-related problems, or other technical issues, I should be able to help out (though, I'm mostly unfamiliar with RenPy's internals and advanced uses at this point). I am also a bit heavily loaded with some other personal projects a lot of the time, but I don't mind giving some programming assistance towards VN projects over here, too.

Kahtita

#1577 Post by Kahtita »

Name: Kahtita

So far, i like it here. :P

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#1578 Post by TsukiShima »

^.... Wha?

lylin lily

#1579 Post by lylin lily »

Name: Lina

Web: dont have one

Comment:
This place is awsome!

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#1580 Post by Roxie »

I don't know why it doubled posted, could someone delete this?
Last edited by Roxie on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#1581 Post by Roxie »

Name: Roxie
Website: My DA account hasn't been updated for a long while so I don't want to show old work :P

Comment:
I'm quite a bit of a lurker but the community here seems to be a great place so far :) Currently thinking about making a VN game though I have no experience or background :P Normally I help my friend run an amateur online animation studio.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#1582 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

.........*blinks* Isn't the "person" chatting about boots a spambot or something?
ImageImageImageImage

Meg'
Regular
Projects: Anges Démoniaques, Gang (Alex & Hugo), Le passé dans les veines

#1583 Post by Meg' »

Name : Meg'

I don't have a website, except for writing. I wrote some fanfictions until this year.
I'm a huge fan of manga (shoujo and shônen), also I like otome game of course. So I eventually came to the idea of... Yeah you're guessing right => the idea of making my own game.
I like both writing and drawing, so I think I may be able to do it even though I'm not really satisfied with what I draw for backgrounds.

I hope to find some advices here :D

Megahue2

#1584 Post by Megahue2 »

Name: Megahue2

New to all this! Checking everything out

No website but am interested in writing historical novel

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#1585 Post by OtomeWeekend »

welcome new people!

*runs away* >.<
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#1586 Post by wyverngem »

Signed. Hey, just thought I'd say hello.
Name: Wyverngem
I'm a senior at an art college.

Llair

#1587 Post by Llair »

Name: Llair
Occupation: college student. Hoping to get into the veterinary technology course

I'm currently learning how to use Ren'Py. One of my professor's assigned us a project that needs visuals, and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully I can put together something decent.

I've played through some of the free novels here, and so far my favorite would be That Cheap and Sacred Thing.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#1588 Post by DragoonHP »

Welcome to the community wyverngem and Llair...

Itsuki

#1589 Post by Itsuki »

Name: Itsuki
comments about Lemma Soft: I just recently becoming attached to visual novel and i'm actually trying to make one by myself now.. And here i am, found this site. I think it's a great website, so please be kind to me.

DweylDen'CKut

#1590 Post by DweylDen'CKut »

Name: Well, see my user name, duh! Of course you can call me whatever pleases ya!
I'm from the USA

I'm a guy... but I've only played Otome games. Can anyone recommend me some good Otome games? Even those that are made by other people here I would be willing to check out!