Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Bluberi_Lemonade

Re: Guestbook

#3331 Post by Bluberi_Lemonade »

Name: Paulina
Comments: Hi~! I'm excited to join the LemmaSoft community, and I am glad everyone is helpful here for newbies like me~ Please treat me well~!

Epic Spicer
Projects: Growing Roots (NaNoRenO 14)

Why hello there...

#3332 Post by Epic Spicer »

Hello, my name is Epic Spicer and I am a lurker. For far too long I've been skulking through the Lemma Soft forums watching projects emerge, develop, and (hopefully) be completed.

I've watched a lot, played a bit too, and now I'm going to nudge myself into working on something of my own.

NaNoRenO here I come...

redballoon
Projects: Missing Nothing

#3333 Post by redballoon »

Hey! My names Jess and I've been lurking around here for a few years now but finally got the nerve to join!
I'm in North Carolina, currently no enjoying the weather. My comments for the site are; Keep up the great work everyone and never stop doing what you love with who you love!

Also NaNoRenO be prepared.

Azuuhime

#3334 Post by Azuuhime »

Name: Please call me Azuu. <3

I've been lurking here for a while and the community seems wonderful <3
I enjoy drawing and playing otome games. I have plans to make my own someday.. Perhaps when I get better at drawing different poses lol.

I hope to get a long with everyone <3 ;v;

C-R-U-M VIII
Completed: None yet. :/

#3335 Post by C-R-U-M VIII »

Name: If the username is too awkward for you to type then you can call me Chris. :)
Website: I do have one but it's sorta..."under construction". Also been on hiatus for like 2 years but it'll get done. Eventually.
Comments about Lemma Soft: Sorry, no words of praise because I don't honestly know you guys. :shock: However, I am very glad I found you though. Been wanting to find people who are knowledgeable about, make and like visual novels.

Hope we can get along. :D

strawberry loaf

#3336 Post by strawberry loaf »

name: uhm.. straw, strawberry, loaf... you can even call me crumb!
comments: I've lurked the forums for a little bit, and the community seems very supportive. I'm actually looking forward to getting to know others and maybe get started on a few projects. (๑•◡•๑)

Otome-Girl

#3337 Post by Otome-Girl »

Name: Sam

I just started a few weeks ago with planning my first visual novel. And what should I say - I like it! The community is great and really creative. I'm a graphic design student with big interest in making videogames. Used Perlenspiel and Unity to make some games in the past. :)

Have a nice day!

Scarletfiresky

#3338 Post by Scarletfiresky »

Name: Misaku!
Hello! I've been playing a lot of the visual novels here and want to make my own eventually. I forgot to sign this when I first joined so hello! I love doing character designs but my drawing isn't the best....

Derpravity
Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"

#3339 Post by Derpravity »

I'm Derpravity and I'm here because I like indie games and especially interactive fiction like Twine games and of course, dating sims/visual novels/etc.

I've been into dating sims ever since I played Harvest Moon: Back to Nature as a kid and got hooked on the social storylines, my favourite part of every HM game since; and I've wanted to create something in Ren'Py since I learned about it maybe five, six years ago now. Especially since recently playing Katawa Shoujo and being blown away by the first path I played through (Rin), which really inspired me to explore the emotional storytelling potential of visual novels myself.

So I want to start a project for NaNoRenO '14 and see how far I can get. I'm more of a writer than an artist, but I want to improve on my technical art skills too eventually, since I love colour and I want to colour half-decent drawings of my own one day. But I'm thinking my project will probably just have placeholder stick figures or something over March while I focus on writing the story and learning my way around Ren'Py.

Hi!

lolosa

#3340 Post by lolosa »

Hi
I am Lulu form Saudi Arabia
Hope you all fine

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#3341 Post by Chocopyro »

Oh yeah, I guess I glossed over this before coming. Anyways, just call me Choco. I'm fairly adept at writing, including complex branching dialogues. Years of RPG maker vx certainly helps with that. :mrgreen:

I also have a long history of literate roleplaying on Gaiaonline, so creating and portraying flexible characters and stories is another area I consider myself strong at. While I can create UI graphics (Although not currently since my mac's motherboard is dead and I'm not willing to try pirating photoshop on this computer), I definitely am a writer, programmer, and conceptual planner more than anything else. Just like RPG maker and gaia roleplays, my main motivation to creating anything is usually born from craving to play a certain game, roleplay, ect, and just not seeing anything along the lines I want. So I decide to make it myself. That's actually not really the case with Ren'Py however. I've been playing a lot of visual novels lately. And getting a lot of what I wanted from each experience. But I've been trying to write a light novel series for a while and getting nowhere. After playing enough visual novels, I decided "Actually, these stories would be much more easy on my A.D.H.D. if I can create them visually represented with art and music rather than writing alone." So, I got some friends together. One thing lead to the next, and now we think we're onto something.

At the moment, I am working with a team of three (So far, and soon to be a fourth as I just found out someone I knew for a whille now who is into advanced computer algorithms who may just be interested in joining us.) to create an outline for various projects. We are planning something that's rather ambitious. I'm sure you hear that from a lot of new comers. Trust me, on the RPG maker forums, we see ambitious upstarts all the time who don't get very far. But we are taking these projects seriously and have started the conceptual outlines for the stories and themes, the characters, objects, and backgrounds. Once our stories are fully outlined, and we have makeshift concept arts gathered for at least three of them, I think I can talk more about each project in depth, and what exactly we're trying to accomplish. I will be keeping an eye out for people who are willing to do concept art, since our current artist is more adept at drawling objects than people. And don't worry, I can pay. Just not a lot at this point since I'm saving up for a new mac so I could salvage photoshop and get started making a better UI.

And shameless recruitment where it doesn't belong aside, I'm not here to milk these boards for assets. I am interested in what I've seen so far here. I love just hanging out in creative communities, specifically game creating communities. And visual novels have always been an interest to me. I love anime and manga, and visual novels are just another medium of that in my eyes. One that I think allows for a lot deeper immersion into the stories. I'm not an escapist. I love reality. I just also love interacting with anime characters on a level that feels more personal than what you get out of an anime or a manga. (I swear to god, I'm not desperate to fill any voids in my love life or anything. :lol: )

atypicalblackcat

#3342 Post by atypicalblackcat »

Hello,

I'm a writer. I've been working on a personal project using Ren'py for a few months, and I'm here in the hope of finding artists and musicians to collaborate with. I've been watching the community for a while, so I decided it was about time to join in.

Zenithal

#3343 Post by Zenithal »

So... This guestbook is the local introduction thread? A bit different from what I'm used to, but ok...

I'm Zenithal, which you can all read at the top of this post anyway. If you're looking for a 'real' name to call me, then feel free to use the name Merlin. It's what most of my internet friends do.
As for a location, well, I live in Belgium, which is the most awesome country in the world, in my opinion. And apparently, the most defining characteristic of Belgians is their modesty. I think I missed out on that one.

I don't really know what else to post here. It's pretty awkward, actually, posting in a thread where I know I won't get replies.

Ah, yes, maybe a word on things related to visual novels? I'm a writer, sort of. Not professional, of course, but I like to think of myself as capable. Though I don't have experience in writing for visual novels, as I've only recently gained an interest in them. Unfortunately, I'm considerably less talented at the two other main parts of visual novels, music and art. Then again, my sister is all right at both, and so might be able to help me out if I ask.

There's the programming part too, of course. And I'm not too bad at that. I don't have very much experience with it (especially python, I only discovered it two weeks ago), but it hasn't been too hard learning more about it. I'm confident I know enough to at least do the basics of a visual novel in Ren'Py.

I currently have an idea to make a visual novel myself, but that's the easy part of course, only time will tell whether it becomes a real project. I'm rather busy, so I don't have a lot of time to spend on hobbies like this.

Anyway, that's it for my introduction. If you actually read all of that, then I sincerely thank you for your attention. And goodbye, for now.

skeleton prince

#3344 Post by skeleton prince »

i'm Harley! i work under the name Xander from time to time, as well. my timezone is CST. i've been lurking this part of the internet for ages, but recently some friends and i decided we'd like to try our hand at making visual novels and dating sims. i'm a writer and a voice actor, and am hoping to really hone my skills here. i used ren'py many years ago for fun, so i do have a little experience with it. i've also been involved in a few projects for voice acting. i'm looking forward to growing as an actor and writer with everyone!

Grn_Bstrd

#3345 Post by Grn_Bstrd »

Name: Green
comments about Lemma Soft: looking around the site and I like what I see