Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Spam

Re: Guestbook

#3961 Post by Spam »

Name: Spam or End or Chain. It the first time I ever use the nickname Spam, but I don't know why it sounded cool '^'
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION(the dead terrorist reference) Belgium
Website: Do I look like I have one? Well thank you! Didn't know I was so good at programming... Or faking... Or both
I join the legion (WAAAAARGH) cuz I'm a nerd craving for some good visual novels like ever lasting summer and Katawa shoujo. My arsonal is plenty of horror games and stuff like that, but I really need some visual novel for my feel train to speed up and I figured you seemed like the right door to knock on :3 So hey! Here I am!

Plus I would realy like to work on a visual novel scenario *^* But that's for later :3

Facelord
Regular
Projects: Codebreaker, Tiresias, XoX
Organization: GoCoPro

#3962 Post by Facelord »

This is Facelord, I'm in front of the disposal facility.

I'm a writer and a designer, and I know what makes for a good product/experience, but I'm a TERRIBLE coder. Just can't wrap my head around inits and whatsits. I've spent way too long in the pre-production phase of my first visual novel's development, and now that I have my life more sorted out I'm finally doubling down on my productivity and really putting stuff to paper.

I'm a store clerk making just over minimum wage, but I've budgeted so that I can probably save up around $400 a month with a nice $200 on the side for things like new hardware and energy drinks. Within half a year, I hope to have a rough draft for my script(likely over 200,000 words) down and a few thousand bucks saved up, which I'll use to pay an artist(webcomic, manga or otherwise) to start refining character designs based off of photographs of "models"(mostly friends who have the looks I want) that I've taken with my Sony A58k camera.
By the way, I'm gonna make around 20% of my income from donating plasma, so I'm pretty much literally and metaphorically putting my blood into my VN. xD

I'm going to test the VN across several devices and operating systems for quality assurance, all the while saving up even more money to pay a musician for around 1.5 hours of atmospheric music. I'd prefer a local musician, Randin Graves is my #1 pick if I can afford him.

I just moved from Tyler, TX to Salt Lake City, UT less than a month ago, partially because the location fit my story like a glove and I wanted as much research material as possible for a truly vibrant story, aaaand partially because the chicks here are way more attractive. Not even kidding: I moved halfway across the USA to research for my VN. Crazy, right?

My story is grounded in reality, with all the weird that comes with it. It involves numbers station broadcasts, secret agendas of secret societies and the hunt for the truth, with global implications but a human scale; slice of life structure, mystery theme, realistic cast of characters that don't fit into stereotypical archetypes like "jock" or "love interest," and tons of local Salt Lake City flavor. One of these days I'll simplify my explanation of the product for easier marketing. xD

I can't wait to present it to the world in all its polished glory, there's just so much I want to share. My inspirations include, but are not limited to: Zero Escape, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Stein's Gate and Tool songs like Lateralus and Rosetta Stoned. I'd love to give out the title to my game, but I wanna secure the legal rights to it before giving it out publicly. For now, I'll call it Project Codebreaker.

Kirarya
Projects: Panacea
Tumblr: kiraryadev
Deviantart: Kirarya

#3963 Post by Kirarya »

Hello all! My name is Elizabeth, though I respond to my username of Kirarya just as well--been using it now for years.

I recently moved to California after having lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, and The Netherlands before. Somewhere in the last year I stumbled across what is visual novels and otome games (my first experience was maybe don't take it personally babe, this just ain't your story?) and I guess I sort of became a fan. Just recently I found Ren'Py and thought I'd take a stab at making my own visual novel! I have so many ideas and the people here seem so friendly I just can't wait to get started!

Also, I do not like mushrooms, am wearing purple hipster underwear, and am a cute girl!~

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#3964 Post by Sorakun »

Hi all, I used to be semi active on here for a while and have found myself sort of trailing back in after getting an email about an old post being updated.

So I am back o.o I am still a programmer but now working for Ubisoft Massive as a server programmer. I work on a couple of VNs during my free time though not so much in ren'py as I find python a language with horrible syntax (usually I work in C/C++).

Lets see how this goes for a second time back :D

Voz
Regular
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~
Deviantart: young-lyndis
Discord: Kaizarel#2858

#3965 Post by Voz »

Well. It's been literal years since I even thought about this place. It's kind of nice to see this place still alive and well. I've only ever posted on the forums once or twice, but I did work with a team of two others to create a couple VNs back in my high school days. One of which actually got some attention and still holds a place in my heart~

Nostalgia mainly brought me back after discovering said VN on an old external drive. I haven't had the artistic drive like that in a long time and figured it was long time I put my creative energy towards something productive. I'm working on a new story by myself at the moment. I intend for it to be a free project, but hopefully if some other creative folks would like to join efforts I can find the time and money to make it a real effort :)

Artwork (and more?) to come.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3966 Post by Sapphi »

A hearty "Welcome!" to all the new members and an even heartier "Welcome back!" to all returning members :D
Facelord wrote: By the way, I'm gonna make around 20% of my income from donating plasma, so I'm pretty much literally and metaphorically putting my blood into my VN. xD
I admire your motivation, but please make sure you research the long-term effects of plasma donation on your body before you make this a necessary part of your income! (Also note that donating plasma makes a lot of people extremely hungry and you might have to budget more for food as a result.)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SyronicHero
Projects: Deathwish ~ A Magical Girl Morality Play
IRC Nick: SyronicHero (or Syr, as Syron is taken.)

#3967 Post by SyronicHero »

I admire your motivation, but please make sure you research the long-term effects of plasma donation on your body before you make this a necessary part of your income! (Also note that donating plasma makes a lot of people extremely hungry and you might have to budget more for food as a result.)
We shouldn't scare off other people with unsubstantiated claims. I know, I know, yet anecdotal evidence is one wee level higher than an absence of evidence. That already happens all too often.

Read the links, make sure the staff working at your local donation center are medically certified and you ought to be fine. OT: Welcome
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are."
Writer and Editor for Hire | Honest Critique

SawfishVN

#3968 Post by SawfishVN »

[Content deleted by user]

Starcaller

#3969 Post by Starcaller »

Hihi!

My first post in this forum. Name is Starcaller. From Asia. :) Nice to meet you all! :D

I've been playing visual novels since I was young. My first visual novel-ish game is Tokimeki Memorial 2 (That was some good memory. I still remembered myself reading a physical guidebook cuz I couldn't understand a single Japanese on the screen. The dedication.). My fav titles are Dandelion and Tokimeki GS3. I have to admit that I didn't play as many VN as I'd like, mostly due to the fact that it's hard to find one translated in English, and I only want to play a VN with female protagonist nowadays. I generally love story-driven, choice-matter kind of games and can't get enough of it. Telltale games (like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones), Dreamfall, or the awesome Life is Strange are some of my latest obsessions.

Recently it's been occurring in my mind that I would like to create a VN of my own as well. I've been writing some story ideas and thinking of character concepts, so let's see how things go from there. :3 It's always been my passion and dream to create a story of my own and share it with others, so hopefully I can make it happen. A bit nervous cuz it's my first try so hope it doesn't turn into a total disaster. (hahaha)

Also, my day job is a graphic/web/UI/UX designer, and occasional illustrator (depending on my project scope) in some software/IT company. So yes, I do art/design for a living. I also draw fanarts and original characters in my free time. I accept commission works if you guys need some help in designing/illustrating. :) Feel free to contact me for portfolio details.

All in all, just wanna say nice to meet you all. Please take care of me. ^_^

OtomeRisa

#3970 Post by OtomeRisa »

Name • If it isn't obvious enough, my name is Risa.
Location • Germany, though I frequently visit NYC
Website • N/A (Unless of course you're talking about public websites I've signed up on)

~

• Visual Artist
• Freelance VA

~

I'm really excited to be apart of this community. :wink: :!:

Barca

#3971 Post by Barca »

Name: Barca

Pleased to make everyone's acquaintance, I am Barca.
I'm an avid writer, gamer and a self declared "amateur historian".

The things I write about are incredibly varied but a few favorites are; Horror (Lovecraftian and Gothic), western styled stories (of the wild variety), some science fiction and many other genres.
For games my tastes are varied
And for History, my favorite eras are Ancient antiquity and the nineteenth and 20th centuries (In particular the Wild West and the Rise of Japan.)

As for why I'm just now getting involved in the creation of visual novels, I have an idea for a game... unfortunately its quite ambitious and I have to actually have some talent in the creation of visual novels. So here I am, starting from the bottom. I look forward to the grind to the top.

Cruxador

#3972 Post by Cruxador »

Well my name is written to the left of this post, and that's the name I use everywhere.
I'm in Spain at the moment, but I move around for work. Will be in Denmark next month, and California by the end of the following.
I don't really have a website. I do have a blog on Wordpress (same name) but it's a recent thing and I haven't really put anything there besides a lets play.

I showed up because I'm starting work on a game in the Ren'Py engine, and figured that I might as well, since this is the forum for it. It'll probably be a year or two before I have anything worth showing though, it's a free time project and I have several of those already. Right now I have the intro/prologue, with only placeholder art and barely any of the codebase.

Keryee
Regular

#3973 Post by Keryee »

Who, me?

I'm Keryee, and I'm from Hong Kong, though I'm currently studying in America!

I recently became part of a VN dev group, which is how I ended up here. We don't have a website up quite yet, but we're working on a VN together-- it's been a lot of fun, so far! We're going to do our best to get it completed, and to have a demo up in a month or so. Our group doesn't have a website up quite yet, although I am a fan-fiction writer, and have a few works up on AO3! Under the same name, of course.

As for my taste in visual novels, I do so love a good twist ending. Well, so long as it's executed well, of course.

So yeah, that's me! Nice to meet you guys~!!

bluebirdplays
Regular
Projects: A Flamingo Tale, Eyas
Tumblr: bluebirdplays

#3974 Post by bluebirdplays »

Hey guys! I'm Bluebird - an indie game reviewer, writer, and artist wannabe. I've recently taken an interest in exploring visual novels more and reviewing them for my website in the hopes that it might be helpful to folks someday.

I also stream on Twitch on multiple channels and am working on a story-based game of my own. Granted, it's going rather slowly, and it's not using Ren'Py. Rather, I'm using Twine, which is a neat little program to work with.

Ah what else...if you guys would ever like me to review your games, feel free to drop me a line :>

Letterblade
Tumblr: letterblade

#3975 Post by Letterblade »

Name: Tory or Letterblade
Website: I don't have a VN website (yet), and my LARP website is down, but my tumblr and AO3 usernames are both Letterblade, and letterblade.net is my older fanfiction.

I'm a large geek who has written LARPs for six years and fanfiction for fourteen twenty-four too many years, and I am afire with a VN idea right now, so here I am. Hi! :D