Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Plotline_Progenitor
Regular
Completed: Valerie's rest: Scripts and dreams, Countdown to Silence
Projects: Geas Institute, Adventuring enterprises

Re: Guestbook

#4276 Post by Plotline_Progenitor » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:04 am

(Tone: Calm): Hello everyone, I figured it would be a good idea to join this forum for when I need help making visual novels. I've read some threads in this forum but only ones related to coding questions.

(Tone: Mildly Cautious) I am not particularly experienced with forum interaction so you may not hear from me that often, I don't know much about the social environment in this place yet so if you don't mind I'll just go by my username for the time being.

(Tone: Optimistic) But don't feel as if you can't talk to me if you want to, I think it's fairly probable to find people of similar interests around here, I hope you'll prove to be nice people. I like anime, computer games, and tabletop RPG's also I'm from Australia and one of my dreams is to start a webcomic some day.

(Tone: Calm) I think I've only known about visual novels a year or two but I've read a fair number of them, and I thought they were an interesting new way of delivering a story.

(Tone: Calm) For some reason I felt like I should actually complete a short visual novel before showing up here so I did, it's silly and pretty short but I think some might still enjoy it. I don't know how to actually make something available on these forums though and couldn't find any sort of guidelines for what to put in a thread for a completed work, so some help with that would be appreciated

(Tone: Mildly Excited) What finally pushed me into actually making an account was the hope to contribute/compete in NaNoRenO this year, I already have an idea in mind and a friend has agreed to help me with the art assets, I'm fairly confident in my writing and Ren'Py scripting ability so I hope you'll enjoy it when it's done. Though I may need to be told some more stuff about NaNoRenO itself

(Tone: Innocent Query) By the way does anyone other than newcomers actually read this guestbook? Like have any friendships formed right out of this thread cause someone sent a private message? I was curious.
Last edited by Plotline_Progenitor on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

darlingdraws
Tumblr: darlingdraws

#4277 Post by darlingdraws » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:51 pm

Hello!
I'm Kristi and I'm super new here.
I'm an artist based out of sometimes Hong Kong and sometimes the States. I'm working with Stardust Soda on Reflections on the River for NaNoRenO 2016 and yeah, I'm here! Hi!

Feel free to check out my website or my tumblr!

Jyuusango
Deviantart: toshi13go

#4278 Post by Jyuusango » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Hello all! My name is Satoshi nice to meet you! It's only been in the past year that I've gotten into visual novels but I am excited now that I have! I am an artist and I am looking to offer my art services! From what I noticed most of the art on here is in anime styles and this being a VN Forum that makes sense! My art is a bit different in terms of style and I'm hoping that it can be accepted too! Maybe that difference could even be a good thing for the right game! >v< That being said I'm very happy to be here and looking forward to being part of the community! Thanks for looking and cheers!

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#4279 Post by Hi.In.Ni » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm new and I'm not sure if this is mandatory or not but might as well do it, haha.

I have many names online depending on what the topic is, but since I want to start anew with the visual novel thing, I've created a new nickname for myself. So from now on Im Hiichan, nice to meet you all!

My fav genres are comedy, horror and echii, in that order! I want to create visual novel and videogames that make people happy!

What was the other thing? My underwear? It has little deer on it. It's cute.
Also I don't like mushrooms. They give a good taste to food but I hate the texture.

That's all!

slienhard

#4280 Post by slienhard » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Samantha, a writer (you can learn more about my writing at my website) and a new visual novel fan. I got into visual novels through games that are sort of visual novels, sort of not, like Ace Attorney. I'm hoping to play many more, such as Steins;Gate, which I recently started.

In addition to being a fiction writer, I'm also interesting in game writing--which is actually how I found these forums!

ma_twa

#4281 Post by ma_twa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:26 am

Hello!
My name is Aleks and I'm a wannabe writer/comic book artist based in Poland.
To be honest, I've been visiting LSF for a few years now, playing various games and trying to make my own, but always lacked motivation to actually register and finish any of my projects. I hope this time it's going to be different and plan to at least relase a demo for NaNo16.
Nice to meet you all!

MikyNU
Soundcloud: ZigiziX

#4282 Post by MikyNU » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello everyone i am NUmiky i am new to visual novel but me and my friends want to bring something so REAL to this world and we want do it with visual novels we already have books,youtube chanel facebook site and much more. I am realy glad that i am part of this wonderful comunity <3.If anyone have sugestion and tips on bulding visual novels we will try tyrano and clound novel for start also if anyone have sugestion for visual novels i would gladly hear it. :lol:

furiousfixation

#4283 Post by furiousfixation » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello, everyone! My name is Courtney, and I am so excited to have found this community! I am a life-long lover of media and love videogames, movies, tabletop games, and novels of all kinds. I just started playing VNs over the winter--I picked up Amnesia: Memories when it was on sale on Steam and really enjoyed it. It really opened me to the possibilities of VNs, and I have begun working on some ideas of my own. I am a writer and have some programming experience (which I am working on increasing at the moment), and would love to find an artist interested in making a smaller project together!

VimislikArt
Regular
Projects: King of the Cul-De-Sac
Deviantart: vimislikart
itch: vimislikart

#4284 Post by VimislikArt » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:02 am

Hi everyone! I'm Vimi, and I'm a children's book illustrator and game designer living and working in Rochester, NY!

I'm just starting work on a visual novel, combining my work experience with children's fiction, and kid's games, and I'm a biiiit overwhelmed. I'm reading a lot into game narrative design and traditional writing, so hopefully I will be able to pick everyone's brains here to get a better idea of how get better at designing experiences for people in this medium!

ysid

#4285 Post by ysid » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Austin, and I compose all kinds of music. I love using music to create emotions of all sorts, and have also just learned about this whole VN thing, which is pretty cool. I write here and there, but want to learn more before I start diving into my own project. I hope I can help some people out and learn a thing or two in the process.

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#4286 Post by Nylan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello all! I go by Nylan. I live in the PNW. I've been writing for years and I like to experiment with different storytelling formats. I've done collaborative stories/worlds, writing OCTs, and short fiction. I've been into Eastern storytelling ever since I lived in Japan many years ago. I can write, program, and voice act comfortably. I'm also a lapsed musician :( I have no visual art skills whatsoever, but I hope to change that.

Currently working on Segmentation_Fault, a game I started before hearing about this site. It qualifies for NaNoRenO anyways :D

CrimsonZanian
Projects: Unnamed Cyberpunk Project

#4287 Post by CrimsonZanian » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:11 am

Hey there, guys and gals (and everyone in between)! My name's Kendrick. I'm a student studying English and Film in Missouri. I've been writing for the past few years, mostly working with short stories and screenplays. I've become fairly proficient in multiple forms of storytelling. Hopefully my time here and working on Visual novels will help me improve my skills and meet some cool people.

A friend of mine and I have really gotten into Visual Novels, as of late, so we thought we'd take a crack at it. We're currently working on an unnamed Cyberpunk project with him, where I'm the writer and he's the programmer.

KaivertaCommissions
Deviantart: Kaiverta

#4288 Post by KaivertaCommissions » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 am

Hi there.

:D

I found Lemma Soft by looking up 'otome game' in Google, following a client who had asked for a quote on art that she wanted me to create for her.

So here I am! :)

I've only JUST registered so I don't have any comments about the site so far, but it seems to be a pretty positive atmosphere.

I'm located in Australia (yay, Upside-Down Land!)

My website is http://kriceverta.wix.com/kaivertacommissions

white_rabbit

#4289 Post by white_rabbit » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:46 am

Hello everyone!

Rabbit here, I'm an artist who suddenly want to learn visual novel lol!
I used to be a visual novel gamer a long time ago, but now I think I want to make a VN or help the others.

nice to meet ya!

Misunal
Projects: Daydream Time
Tumblr: misunal
Deviantart: misunal

#4290 Post by Misunal » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:18 am

Hello!

I'm Misunal. A girl who likes Visual Novel. I actually know Visual Novel back at 2012, I played so many games and even download ren'py. But I have especially NO idea how to use it whatsoever.
But now, I'm learning so much and I can't wait to post my game and join the community!

I am still learning writing, programming and art. Please be patient with me.