Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
bloodywyvern
Veteran

Re: Guestbook

#316 Post by bloodywyvern »

Hm, not really sure why I waited so darn long to introduce myself here ^^. Might as well do it now before I slack again.

Name: Bryan (But I prefer bloodywyvern or BW :D )
Location: At my computer (surprising, eh?), but United States.
Website: Anime no Tenshi <---Warning, what humor IS on the site is not for kids. I'm too lazy to make much content updates, but the forums are active...ish

As for Lemma Soft I think it's a brilliant place, full of talent and with a bloody brilliant (bad british!) collective community. From the game makers, to the Ren'Py engine...all of it has caught my interest to quite the degree. So to whatever my abilitys end up being, I'll try hard to release another game in to the long list already finished titles. Don't expect anything soon though, it's a big project...I disagree with the idea of starting small :twisted: I prefer to jump right in and take the world by storm (but I don't do stealth projects, I prefer to keep communitys updated...plus it's the only way I know to recruit).

Oh btw, I can talk a lot.

C ya!
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#317 Post by Efreet »

Hi there, I'm new to this forums, however, I have recently download Ren'Py and think that it's an amazing program to use - better than Blade Engine because, well, it's free and open sourced! Unlike Blade Engine, which isn't exactly free...

So my name is Efreet, Kei/Kai is my pen-name.
I'm 18 years old (hu hu hu), and I have a huge collection of comics and dvds.

Now then why did I join?

Well firstly, I watched Kanon for the first time, and thought it was brilliant. But I had already known that it was a hentai game originally, and yet there was great character development made and memorable moments in the story.

So I wanted to find something that I could do, less to do with the traditional way (pen and ink) and more new. That was creating something with programming, whilst also being creative (two birds with one stone).

So then yeah, I'd had a go at the demo games and all, just want to try and create something - not sure where to start. Seems like this forum is a great place to accompany the program.

Peace.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#318 Post by LVUER »

Hai, I've been registered for quite a long time (around 3 months) and have been around even longer (about half year), so I guess now is the time for me to introduce myself.

I really like this community since it's really friendly and enjoyable.

Native Language : Not English, for sure

A bad introduction huh ^_^ hahahaha

I think with this, I also want to introduce my first VN project, School Buster

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#319 Post by Asceai »

Me too!

I'm Asceai (same nick on VisualNews and some other places, different nicks elsewhere). Found this OELVN community as a side-effect of finding the English-speaking visual novel communities, which I found a while after I started playing visual novels (my initial reaction probably being something like "hang on, other English speakers play these games too? O_o"). I'm a fan of Akabeisoft2 works, and primarily promote their games to anyone that will listen, but I like lots of other visual novels.

My favourite OELVN is probably Gakuen Redux. I couldn't really name a favourite VN overall, but Clannad, Sharin no Kuni, Kazoku Keikaku and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien are probably up there.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#320 Post by mikey »

I just realized it's been a while since I welcomed new members...
So... welcome bloodywyvern, Efreet, LVUER and Asceai!

Feel at home, and if you have a project you'd like to make and finish - the very best of luck, inspiration and focus. :)

Garou

#321 Post by Garou »

I guess, after finally getting around to register on the LSF, I should write a few words in here...

I usually go by the name of Garou, am 27 years old, live in Germany and have been lurking on these forums for quite while now. I am actually not much into manga/anime, but I love good storytelling. I stumbled about Ren'ai and the Lemma Soft Forums when some random Google search led me to ATP Projects' website - and I got hooked nearly instantly by mikey's writing. Since then, I have followed the games linked in here and on renai.us more or less frequently.

I currently don't have any concrete plans of making a vn of my own - mostly because I have seen roadkill with more talent when it comes to drawing artwork. I do like to write, whenever inspiration hits me (I've written a few short stories and a short text adventure), so maybe I might one day try something with freely available artwork.

I guess those were already more then a few words.. *cough* I'll shamble back into my corner now.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#322 Post by musical74 »

Welcome aboard!

There should be a support group....*Hi my name is XXXXX and I have the drawing ability of a drunk rock* (and if you don't know what a drunk rock's drawingh ability is...thoroughly lousy!)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Dade Finch

#323 Post by Dade Finch »

Howdy!

Excuse my brashness, but I really like a bold hello. Especially when the bold comes from the font, boo-yah! Anyway, I've been a big fan of visual novels since I was really little, and I played infocom text games, wishing they had graphics. When I was older, I stumbled on all sorts of great stories, and now that I've had more time on my hands, I realize that I want to know about the awesome people who make the art, scripting, and writing for all the great games out there. =) To be honest, I haven't read anything new since about, er, well, when Tales of Lemma One was still hot off the press due to lack of time, so hopefully you'll all be gentle with me and help me expand my mind! Of course, I'm also planning to create something of my own, although I don't know if it'll actually get done... Er, add me to that support group, musical. =P Here's a little a bit about me:

Native Language : English. I'd like to be able to add Russian to that list, but, eh.. It's not exactly native, as I'm sure any speaker would tell you. =P

Nice to meet you all, I'm glad to be here!

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#324 Post by bloodywyvern »

Welcome to Lemma Soft! (To keep with the boldness hehe)

It's always great to add more fans to the ground, and I'd personally like to extend the first hello. I'm sure you'll find plenty of great games already done, plenty more in production, and of course a great community. If you need anything feel free to ask :D

Personally I'd like to add Japanese to my list of languages except...I fail utterly at learning it! I have a bad memory *tap skull* Anyway, again welcome.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

WinKi

#325 Post by WinKi »

Hello there and Thank You for your existence! ^_^ Доброго времени суток!

I really love quests (i've played lots of them made by Sierra On-Line, such as Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry Series), good & fun Sci-Fi books. I also love anime & Visual Novels (actually many people in Russia considering them as "anime-quests" :mrgreen: ), especially Ever17 (that's why i'm doing Russian fansub translation of it)...

Oh, i also love to study other languages, such as both English & Japanese (and there's a lot of progress. :wink: You can tell that by looking at this message).

Since i've also did the 常世の星空 doujin Russian translation (it wouldn't be possible without Peter "Haeleth" Jolly OnScripter's modifications, so my big thanks to him), i was really disappointed in the nScripter engine. -_-

So... if i'll ever start to do the SVN (short Visual Novel) on my own, i'll definitely use Ren'Py. :mrgreen:

Birthday : 1985 / 08 / 07
Native language : Russian

With best wishes, founder of WinKiller Studio.
Last edited by WinKi on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#326 Post by mikey »

Welcome everyone!

WinKi >> Wow, finally I get to see some of the people who translate VNs into Russian - I heard there were several translations of commercial VNs, and many projects, but I've never found links to them - and there si a link to a Hungarian translation team! It's amazing. :P

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#327 Post by Blue Lemma »

Such a global forum ^^ Welcome everyone!
I love those adventure games, too. Space Quest was cruel in killing the player in all sorts of ways, but it was fun trying to find them all. Someone even made a SQ death fansite "The Many Deaths of Roger Wilco" or something like that. Pretty funny :lol:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

WinKi

#328 Post by WinKi »

Wow, finally I get to see some of the people who translate VNs into Russian - I heard there were several translations of commercial VNs, and many projects, but I've never found links to them - and there is a link to a Hungarian translation team! It's amazing.
Thaaank you. *^_^*

Well, it's no wonder you haven't found links... because MOST of them is too old and lost in time and space... :( It's sad to say, but there's only a few active fansubbers (but, unfortunately, i know no one except for myself & Mike Illchenko (was a "guest Q.C." for Red Twilight release)).
Space Quest was cruel in killing the player in all sorts of ways, but it was fun trying to find them all.
LOL, yeah! ^_^

P.S. I've rewrited site's core, now it have a link to this forum too. ;)

renkenjutsu
Regular

#329 Post by renkenjutsu »

Hello everyone! I'm new here to everything discussed on this board (except anime and games) :P That includes game making and Ren'ai in particular.

Name: Aman

Comments: This place is awesome!

I'm probably going to spend more time searching up posts than posting redundant questions ^_^;;;;
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

JFate

#330 Post by JFate »

Name: JFate or just Fate
Place: Philippines

Hi! I'm a newbie =)! I juust got in to this site a few days ago since I was looking for some dating sim games. And man, some games are good and I strangely kinda want to help on one someday. I can't do the programs or write but I can draw =3. And summer vacation is coming^^.