Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Kajoua

Re: Guestbook

#5386 Post by Kajoua »

Hello, everyone! I am Kajoua and I'm a fan of the VN gaming/storytelling format! I've made one short VN in the past but I'm planning on making other VNs and share it with you all! I hope to have a pleasant stay here and enjoy your stories as well. ^__^

orangecarnation
itch: orangecarnation

#5387 Post by orangecarnation »

Hi ! My name's Kerry, and I like to dabble in all kinds of games, but Renpy's by far been my favorite engine to work with so far. My website here https://orangecarnation.neocities.org/ isn't exactly complete as I'm posting this, but I'm gradually working on it, so, hey, why not

aykonsilvers
Organization: Zoom
Github: shieldskcd
Discord: aykonsilvers#2695

#5388 Post by aykonsilvers »

*reads over the material*

Wow... this is erm... an interesting place.

Name: Aykonsilvers (or just Aykon for short)
Comments: Semi-retired RPG GM/DM with a knack for learning things. I am learning RenPy because I want to make some fun games to flex my creative muscles since I don't have anyone to do tabletop gaming with anymore. I also am obsessed with Pixelberry's Choices platform that has a crazy amount of visual novel style games (books). I thought "I could write stuff like that if I knew how" so I am learning Ren'Py.
Website: I have a few... http://www.retrogamerboy.com will probably be the one of most interest to this audience.
Miko: Well, I include them in recipes, but not the "magic" kind. I also don't mind the ones that show up in Mario.
Lily: Um.. probably not a good topic for a married man to discuss.
Krista: I'm married to my high school sweetheart for over 22 years. She thinks I'm cute and that's all that really matters.

witchyummy

#5389 Post by witchyummy »

Hi

Name : Witchyummy.
Website : https://witchyummy.newgrounds.com https://twitter.com/WitchYummy
Comments : I'm an old dev and new at drawing. I had always love japan novel game and always wanting to doing one with my own style. With Ren'py, I can concentrate on arts.

Twinwolf

#5390 Post by Twinwolf »

Hello! Just joining since I'm planning to use Ren'Py once I have my VN idea planned and scripted.

Name: Twinwolf
No website yet.
Comments: Mostly a writer, learning some code in college as a minor. Kinda want to try to learn drawing as well but unfortunately, some physical conditions make any kind of pressure on my hand for longer than a couple minutes hurt a lot - I can barely even write a paragraph with a pencil. Been recently inspired by some VNs, including Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward, along with 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim's "remembrance" mode and Danganronpa.

Joose2005
Projects: Gacha memories 2
itch: j0ose2005
Discord: J0öse2005#3304

Introduction

#5391 Post by Joose2005 »

Name: Jay
comments: I usually code in the source engine, but python is fairly easy to learn... I think. I don't have some buff gaming PC like most people do, in fact, I'm writing this reply on a laptop, I try to stay considerate of others who may have low power PC's. I mainly came here to figure out how to make boss battles centered around dodging attacks, I mean the forum not this topic.
"Life is a party, have fun." - Joose2005

Imbion
Discord: Imbion#6925

#5392 Post by Imbion »

Yo, I'm Imbion. I like to write a lot of stuff, and I'm working on a time travel concept novel. I'm trying to work on making a game, and it's a process since I have a somewhat complex feature planned. I joined the forum primarly so I can have it whenever I'll likely need to ask questions or publish things and all of that. Other than that, I make puns. Horrible ones.

phantmoftheomsi
Completed: None yet
Projects: A modern adaptation of ancient Chinese crime fiction.
Deviantart: phantomoftheomsi

#5393 Post by phantmoftheomsi »

I'm new and am pleased to join the community. I have a background in journalism and screenwriting and hope to apply my storytelling chops to game design. I look forward to advice and feedback along the way.

Ophey

#5394 Post by Ophey »

Hello there!
I'm fairly new to Ren'Py and this forum is a gold mine for learning, so I am happy to join.
Excited to participate on here, and discover more ways to create!

MahouMerlin

#5395 Post by MahouMerlin »

Name: Mahou Merlin (Merlin is my given name, Mahou is my family name)
Website: https://www.mahoumerlin.com (still in development and blocked behind firewall)
Comments: I'm a seasoned Linux Systems Engineer with over 15 years of experience under my belt. I've done everything from working on embedded systems to regular workstations/desktops. I also have both physical and virtual servers in the data center and at home. Even though I know my stuff and have a cert or two I still can't get anyone to offer me a job. It probably has to do with my struggles in life and the poverty I faced in my youth. I guess that's life I suppose.

I was originally supposed to become a vtuber and my account is designed after my character. However with the many, many delay's I suffered due to life circumstances I've put that on permanent hiatus. Not all is lost though as I'm working on a VN, that I had planned to do anyways, and am reusing the resources I commissioned for the project. Good thing I decided to pay extra for the copyrights, heh.

PixelatedInkBottle
Deviantart: Wearyrains
itch: PixelatedInkBottle

#5396 Post by PixelatedInkBottle »

Hello guys! Man, I've already been on this forum for a year but I totally forgot to sign the guestbook! How dare I... :shock:

Name: PixelatedInkBottle. I fully acknowledge that name is a giga-mouthful, so feel free to just call me PIB! (pronounced like fib with a p!)
Comments about Lemma Soft: Lemme tell you!
I've lurked on Lemma Soft for a while now and only recently created an account last February in 2020. I've always had a love for Visual Novels and just the entire history that goes into them, how it seems to be an amazing genre for writers to delve into game development and tell their stories. I just really love the idea of spending time with the games cast and getting to know them better through the eyes of the player character. :> I just think it's neat.

So yeah, a site like this is super appreciated! If only I posted more often... :shock:

Other than that, uh... The layout of the site is very 2000s. I love it, haha.

Thanks for reading! Keep reading and devving, everyone. 8)

aremo_te
Projects: Arbitrium
Tumblr: aremo-te
Soundcloud: aremo_te
itch: aremo_te
Discord: aremo_te#1188

#5397 Post by aremo_te »

Name: Aremo
Comments: I'm a cybersecurity student with a creative heart. I've been drawing and writing since a young age, and I've dipped my toes into musical composition. I'm looking into dev for Ren.py, and look forward to meeting new people. Visual novels are a very special form of storytelling to me, and I'm very excited to learn the nuts and bolts beyond the surface of my favorite titles.

_GooseWithAKeyboard_
Projects: Something Under the Parlor Floor

#5398 Post by _GooseWithAKeyboard_ »

Name: GooseWithAKeyboard
Comments: My level of education in IT before picking up RenPy could probably be replicated with a very determined nine-year-old and a sufficiently advanced drag-and-drop system. I write and draw as a hobby and I'm currently exploring interactive novels and RPGs as alternative media of storytelling. I'm enjoying it a lot so far!
- Formatting Dictionaries Incorrectly Since Now, Apparently -

StarbeastInfernoProd
Projects: Elven Revenue Service

#5399 Post by StarbeastInfernoProd »

Name: Starbeast Inferno Productions
site: https://starbeastinfernoproductions.com/
Additional comments: I've been a fan of a lot of Japanese media for most of my life, and Visual Novels have always intrigued me. I tried once before, a long time ago, to work on a VN but it never made it anywhere. In the time since I feel like my writing has really evolved, and I became interested in giving the unconventional writing and storytelling of a VN again. Learning Ren'Py has been so much more intuitive than I thought it would be, so I'm very glad to finally be able to experiment with this medium and it's all thanks to that ease of use. I've been working on this first VN (Elven Revenue Service) for over a year now, and I think I'm finally at a point where I can share it. It's been a while since I used a forum, so I'm looking forward to it!

Gigan

#5400 Post by Gigan »

Hello everyone !

Name : Gigan
Other stuff : Started using Ren'py like, 10 days ago and I search topics everyday here so I figured why not to join ? For now, my game works, even if my code is a mess. I'll probably go ask for help as you guys are way smarter than I will ever be. I can barely speak english ! :P

I saw that Obsurasoft posted here before releasing Coming Out on Top, so that's a relief ! CooT is top tier ! o/ Hopefully I'll be able to release something similar, with less cool art. :P

Aiming for the end of 2022. In advance, thx for your patience as I'm the noobest noob. Glad to be here tho !